Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, something caught my eye. When he got married the first time he was working in Freeport for Greer Construction Corporation.

That is very near both the Sunrise Hwy and Meadowbrook Parkway, close to Merrick. I keep thinking that, at some point, he may have crossed paths with J Bittrolff who had his own construction company called Coastal Construction.

Then I saw that the home in
Palmyra, VA was associated with his family as early as 1994 until about 2014. I remembered a websleuth’s member brought up the 1996 murder of Alicia Showalter Reynolds. She was last seen on Rt 29 in the Culpepper area. Rt 15 meets Rt 29 in that area and goes directly to Palmyra. Alicia was found in a deserted area, in Lignum, “the killer covered her body with sticks and pine tree branches about 30 feet off of a loney gravel road used primarily by woodcutters.” This was similar to how JT’s torso was found in Manorville.

I looked at the suspect sketch and then found the picture of RH in the first wedding announcement. The suspect description in Alicia’s case was described, as he was looking into her engine, as being as tall as 6 ft, white and in his early to mid 30s. I’m thinking he really resembled that sketch when compared to his first wedding picture. Can anyone here find out if he owned a small green pickup truck in 1996?

IMG_0458.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0455.jpeg
    IMG_0455.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0453.jpeg
    IMG_0453.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Gilgo Beach serial killing victim Maureen Brainard-Barnes’ remains were bound with a distinctive belt embossed with the initials “WH” or “HM,” Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney said in a Newsday interview Thursday — the first time authorities have disclosed that detail publicly.

The belt, images of which Suffolk police released during a news conference in 2020 in an attempt to drum up investigative tips in the case, was one of three belts used to bind Brainard-Barnes..

“There was a question hair that is still being tested that was removed by the buckle of the belt,” said Tierney, referring to one of the other belts, without any initials, used to bind her legs.

“One had “WH” on it. One had the distal end of the belt cut off, meaning the end of the belt furthest from the buckle and it was cut off, and that would have been the section where, had there been initials on it, that’s where those initials would have been.”

Tierney, also revealed that authorities likely will be able to identify the remains of three of the total 10 victims whose remains were found in the vicinity of Gilgo Beach.

Those victims — a woman who investigators have nicknamed “Peaches” because of a tattoo she had, a toddler that was found with her and those of a man who was found separately — have remained unidentified.

“I think we’re getting closer with regard to all of those profiles,” said Tierney, who confirmed that the identifications would be made by the FBI using genetic genealogy, “among other things."

“We’re honing in on that, and I think we’ll have information on that — on some of the identifications shortly,” Tierney said... “Real shortly.”

The district attorney’s office plans to hold a new conference Friday morning with members of the Gilgo Beach Homicide Task Force, Tierney declined to discuss what officials plan to announce.

The three belts found with Brainard-Barnes’ remains, dark in color, were identical except that only one of the belts was embossed with lettering. The belt bearing the initials was bound around her chest area, Tierney said…

Last edited:
Today, something caught my eye. When he got married the first time he was working in Freeport for Greer Construction Corporation.

That is very near both the Sunrise Hwy and Meadowbrook Parkway, close to Merrick. I keep thinking that, at some point, he may have crossed paths with J Bittrolff who had his own construction company called Coastal Construction.

Palmyra, VA was associated with his family as early as 1994 until about 2014. I remembered a websleuth’s member brought up the 1996 murder of Alicia Showalter Reynolds. She was last seen on Rt 29 in the Culpepper area. Rt 15 meets Rt 29 in that area and goes directly to Palmyra. Alicia was found in a deserted area, in Lignum, “the killer covered her body with sticks and pine tree branches about 30 feet off of a loney gravel road used primarily by woodcutters.” This was similar to how JT’s torso was found in Manorville.

I looked at the suspect sketch and then found the picture of RH in the first wedding announcement. The suspect description in Alicia’s case was described, as he was looking into her engine, as being as tall as 6 ft, white and in his early to mid 30s. I’m thinking he really resembled that sketch when compared to his first wedding picture. Can anyone here find out if he owned a small green pickup truck in 1996?
Yes, I brought this one up as it happened not far from me, and I thought the sketch looked like a younger RH. I wondered if anyone knew what vehicle he had prior to the green 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche, since the route is on the way to/from where he had family. I hope he's checked against evidence they have collected from Alicia.

Question, sorry if rehash.

Did we know Amber C’s boyfriend had given the description of the suspect to police, and that he was described as extremely large like an “ogre”? Was the public ever given this description of the suspect and his Avalanche vehicle? I’m not remembering this, maybe I just forgot. If they never publicly released the vehicle description, then it must have been strategic, so he wouldn’t get rid of it? As for his physical description, if it was not released, then I’m not quite sure what to think about that.

Really not understanding your method of thinking....Rex had a vehicle and drove it whichever direction he fancied to dump the bodies of the people he killed. Was the vehicle not capable of driving in certain directions? What you said makes no sense. JMO

So he came from Massapequa Park then turned his car around and THEN dumped the bodies on the north side? <modsnip> I assume any killer wanted to dump the bodies then get away unnoticed. Then coming from the east would be easier, would it not? <modsnip>

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Bitrolff grew up in Mastic, way east of Gilgo, near Smithpoint beach. Also right next to Manorville where he wound up as an adult.

ETA: Bitrolff’s DNA has not been linked to any of the Gilgo victims that I am aware of. RH’s has. More to come tomorrow morning
Bittrolff has lived in North Babylon and Amityville around 1980.

Question, sorry if rehash.

Did we know Amber C’s boyfriend had given the description of the suspect to police, and that he was described as extremely large like an “ogre”? Was the public ever given this description of the suspect and his Avalanche vehicle? I’m not remembering this, maybe I just forgot. If they never publicly released the vehicle description, then it must have been strategic, so he wouldn’t get rid of it? As for his physical description, if it was not released, then I’m not quite sure what to think about that.
Mislaid, wasn't it?

So he came from Massapequa Park then turned his car around and THEN dumped the bodies on the north side? <modsnip> I assume any killer wanted to dump the bodies then get away unnoticed. Then coming from the east would be easier, would it not? <modsnip>

MOO
There isn't a massive difference between the two routes you're describing. I will say that one potential reason he may have opted to take the 'longer' route (i.e., over the Great South Bay Bridge) is to avoid the additional traffic around the roundabout at Jones Beach State Park (it is also not at all uncommon to see State Troopers set up in that area, especially in the summer when the beach is packed, not ideal to be driving around with a body in your trunk there). With the exception of Maureen Brainard-Barnes, who disappeared on a Monday, all of the Gilgo 4 victims disappeared on days where traffic at Jones Beach is higher than usual (Thursday - Sunday). JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
There isn't a massive difference between the two routes you're describing. I will say that one potential reason he may have opted to take the 'longer' route (i.e., over the Great South Bay Bridge) is to avoid the additional traffic around the roundabout at Jones Beach State Park (it is also not at all uncommon to see State Troopers set up in that area, especially in the summer when the beach is packed, not ideal to be driving around with a body in your trunk there). With the exception of Maureen Brainard-Barnes, who disappeared on a Monday, all of the Gilgo 4 victims disappeared on days where traffic at Jones Beach is higher than usual (Thursday - Sunday). JMO.
And of course we don't know what time of day he dumped them. Highly doubt it was during daylight. Maybe the route they were found on the northern side/westbound was less traveled than the southern/eastbound route?

I admit to not reading everything. Am I correct that RH isn't charged with Shannon Gilbert's death?
Edited to add - I found the information and no, he hasn't been charged with her death. So we're thinking there could be two serial killers? That leaves 6 victims aside from the Gilgo 4?

Last edited:
Rumour source

Same dude

same dude these days

View attachment 438882

@Just K I copied your post onto Alicia Showalter Reynolds thread:

VA - VA - Alicia Showalter Reynolds, 25, Culpeper County, 2 March 1996

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics