Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yep. I was married for more than 15 years to a very secretive, emotionally abusive man. We've been divorced more than 30 years and just a couple of months ago I had an epiphany/ understanding of something I had railed about for years. Who knows how long it will be before AE starts adding the pieces up in her head and having any understanding. If her mind and memory are anything like mine, little pieces start being remembered and eventually fit into the understanding of what something probably meant. ETA: After years, you understand not to believe anything he says, but other than knowing it for sure WAS NOT what you're told, you probably won't know what he is doing. I did get to the place where I was following him, or driving by where he was supposed to be and never was. He would refuse to provide any answers. Oh, and sometimes they will tell you something, but the argument and focus of the conversation is another area, which you focus on, and the telling remark is shoved aside until a memory resurfaces - if that makes any sense.
This is how it was for me as well and I imagine AE may experience something similar.

One thing that seems interesting to me, is that RH's victims all had names - or used aliases - that started with the letter "M." Melissa, Megan, Maureen (assuming RH is ultimately charged with her murder), "Mia" (Amber, who reportedly sometimes also used the alias "Carolina").

I wonder if LE is able to determine what name each victim used when associating with RH and - if the names consistently started with "M" - if there is something to that.
I also stumbled over the first names with "M". But now I remember, that they had "business names", because Shannan was outraged, that Pak used her real name during the incident at Brewer's home. Who knows, how the victim's business names were?

I also think the press conference was in poor taste. Her house got messed up because she is married to a serial killer. That isn’t her fault - but it also isn’t LEs fault.

Plus, IMO she is probably going to get paid out when the divorce finalizes. They owe 80k for three years of unpaid state income tax. Poor people don’t have NY state income tax bills like that. He would need to make 400k a year to owe that much.
IMO they seem to have lived very frugally so where is that money?
She will also get some portion of the proceeds from selling their property in NY and SC.
She needs to take her 40k money, go stay in Iceland with her family, and let her lawyers settle the divorce. Bonus - the healthcare in Iceland is probably cheaper and more accessible. MOO
Don't forget that blowing off the tax tear after year accumulates penalties and interest. There is no evidence of poverty, but no evidence of 400k a year, either.

I also stumbled over the first names with "M". But now I remember, that they had "business names", because Shannan was outraged, that Pak used her real name during the incident at Brewer's home. Who knows, how the victim's business names were?
If you haven't read it, it might be worth checking out Robert Kolker's Lost Girls. He talks about the girls' work names in there.

MOO

Don't forget that blowing off the tax tear after year accumulates penalties and interest. There is no evidence of poverty, but no evidence of 400k a year, either.
Depends how much of his money he was spending on his extracurriculars, I guess. We know he was actively contacting sex workers right up to his arrest.

MOO

Yes, geoblocked again, but WOW, what a revelation within the quoted sentence!! A witness, who knows it, that the wife wasn't absent all the time!!
We're getting closer to the whole truth ......
As if I felt it. Or still feeling it.
LE has stated that she was absent for all of the murders.

<modsnip - off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if spousal privilege has anything to do with the fact that the prosecution hasn't asked to interview AE regarding information on RH.
I am wondering if it is TIME. As in, there is no indication she or the children were in town and therefore have NO firsthand knowledge. So, don't waste hours with interviews that prob. can not provide any real information.

Piecing things together, from the DutyRon repeat of the interview with Commissioner Rodney Harrison, I learned:
1. Harrison's position is a political appointment
2. Harrison's boss cannot run again because of term limits

From this, I have concluded that getting LISK solved before Harrison's boss leaves office may be Harrison's top priority because his boss doesn't want this massive failure following him and haunting him all his life. (However, when Harrison was confirmed as commissioner of the Suffolk County Police Department in December 2021, this was reported by the Long Island Press: "During his confirmation hearing last week, lawmakers peppered Harrison with questions about how he’ll tackle police reforms, reverse an uptick in shootings, and restore public trust in the wake of recent corruption scandals, among other issues." So LISK isn't his only assignment.)

It's difficult to imagine a man better for the job than the former head of the detectives of the New York City Police Department (which Harrison is if I understood DutyRon correctly. The Long Island Press article called him "NYPD Chief of Department").

Time would also explain Harrison not going back and second guessing the death of Shannan Gilbert. He will, IF she comes up as they continue tracking forward. The swift march of time may also explain any "glossing over" of corruption of previous administrations or it may have been outside the scope of that particular interview and he did not want to get bogged down.

Time is running out and much work remains to be done.

If I understood Duty Ron and Commissioner Harrison, there's a strict time frame on Harrison's tenure and Harrison doesn't know if he'll be invited to remain on the job or not after the election -- No, I don't know which one or when and this news article doesn't say. Rodney Harrison Confirmed as Next Suffolk Police Commissioner
It ends with "Harrison, noting that the internal affairs unit will report directly to him to avoid interference, said: “I’m going to do what needs to be done to make this a clean department.”

My "understanding" (if I did understand the above correctly) came from remarks DutyRon inserted into the YouTube video of the interview.

I try very hard not to judge people who find themselves in very traumatic circumstances through no fault of their own. All of these families are victims. I see nothing positive in putting them all on a scale to try to determine who's pain is greater.

That said, I do not believe the attorneys for AE and her children did them any favors by holding this press conference yesterday. And I respectfully wish that John Ray would crawl back under whatever rock he emerged from.

All MOO

Meh; none of the lawyers in this smell good. They should all crawl back under their rocks.

That all being stated, if there actually was G*M set up for the murder victim's families, I would donate to them too, so perhaps this lawyer should get off his duff and do so rather than yak, yak, yak.

Interesting that G*M didn't start up as a website until May 2010. The times they are a changing.

I also think the press conference was in poor taste. Her house got messed up because she is married to a serial killer. That isn’t her fault - but it also isn’t LEs fault.

Plus, IMO she is probably going to get paid out when the divorce finalizes. They owe 80k for three years of unpaid state income tax. Poor people don’t have NY state income tax bills like that. He would need to make 400k a year to owe that much.
IMO they seem to have lived very frugally so where is that money?
She will also get some portion of the proceeds from selling their property in NY and SC.
She needs to take her 40k money, go stay in Iceland with her family, and let her lawyers settle the divorce. Bonus - the healthcare in Iceland is probably cheaper and more accessible. MOO

I agree with you. The press conference was in very poor taste. It was like a marketing ploy to gain sympathy and money in my opinion. I don't consider AE responsible for RH's alleged crimes. But I don't consider her a victim like the girls' were. It's sad she finds herself in this predicament but why announce her health struggles to the world and that her insurance will run out, if not to gain sympathy or money? I'm sure the poor families of the girls received nothing while they were trying to cope with the emotional and physical impacts of their murders. To me, it seems so unfair. I have my own opinions of the families of SK's trying to monetize their so-called fame. MOO

AE's attorney, Robert Macdonio, said in an interview on NewsNation that one of his client's donated dumpsters and five men donated their time to help AE and her family clean up the mess at her house. The video interview was posted here on this thread last week by OP. Here is the link, and the discussion with AE's attorney starts at around 1:57 mark.

Thank you for that recap from Banfield. I watch her show every night. She does a good job on reporting these kind of stories.

It was thirteen years ago when Shannan went missing. It was initially being reported locally in the tri-state area. That's how I initially found out about her disappearance.

When bodies started showing up at Gilgo Beach the news coverage exploded and went national. For several months we were getting news on the story, then it stopped completely.

For the better part of the next 13 years it was rarely in the news. But on Friday July 14th, two days after my birthday I woke up and saw that there was an arrest I was floored. Best birthday present ever. I never thought I'd see the day that he was captured and that the girls (at least some of them) would get justice and that the streets were now a little bit safer for us.

But suddenly the walls came down between the public and the police when they had a nearly 1 hour press conference and laid out so much information. Exactly 13 years of information in one single day. It's been a lot to process and with so much coverage now it became so easy for me to get confused about information.

So I really wasn't sure if I just imagined the entire incident AE getting help to fix and get rid of things to make room for her eventually become whole again.

But I'd like to say for the record, never have I forgotten any of the victims or their families. If had been available back then I would have donated to them also to help ease their worries about how to pay for their daughters/sisters/aunts funeral expenses. I can understand why they may be angry about the help AE is getting right now and I'm sorry about that, I really am. But I hope going forward everyone's needs are filled and that justice will finally be served. JMHO

Divorice is a qualifying event for the right to continuing coverage of her medical benefits under COBRA. So it is likely that AE is losing her coverage for other reasons, but not because of a divorce.
It was previously linked in an article that her coverage was "under is business", thus ... no business to run when in jail = no coverge.

Something tells me that if there were any meat to this he would have already visited with LE. But if there is truth to his allegations/innuendo - how does John Ray know that one thing led to another - the mere act of having a sex worker in your home afaik does not lead to killing them and dumping their bodies. I am anxious to see what reaction we get to his statements. These are the type of lawyers imo that give lawyers a bad name. That applies to Asa’s lawyer as well. File to maintain her rights but enough with the grandstanding. Imo.
BBM. There seems to be jealousy amongst the lawyers about the fund-raising. I view the wife and children as victims and am glad the neighbors have treated them with such kindness.

JMO

Regarding John Ray's accusations of AE's involvement in RH's activities.

A lot of people are disgusted with John Ray for that. Bearing in mind John Ray has been pretty accurate in his opinions all along, I just ask one question of the wives out their on this forum.

If you were in AE's situation would you also be totally unaware of everything RH was doing?
BBM - I know of a couple that were married for 45 years, her husband cheated on her every opportunity he could get, she never acknowledged it or reacted to it. Personally I think she preferred denial vs truth and that way she could stay married. Some women just don't want to know, do I think this is the case with AH? Maybe or I think she was dealing with two children with special needs, her own personal illness, a husband that was providing for her yet she had boundaries with her spending and was somewhat controlled. She was just living life, doing all she should and could. No judgment from me - All JMO

I agree with you. The press conference was in very poor taste. It was like a marketing ploy to gain sympathy and money in my opinion. I don't consider AE responsible for RH's alleged crimes. But I don't consider her a victim like the girls' were. It's sad she finds herself in this predicament but why announce her health struggles to the world and that her insurance will run out, if not to gain sympathy or money? I'm sure the poor families of the girls received nothing while they were trying to cope with the emotional and physical impacts of their murders. To me, it seems so unfair. I have my own opinions of the families of SK's trying to monetize their so-called fame. MOO
Personally, I can't seem to find a G*M for the murder victims.

It seems to me unfair to blame RH's family for the lack of a fund set up in the murder victims names and, while doing so, claim that the wife is complicit in the murders to the public when LE has clearly stated she was out of country or state when the murders ccured. AND, it's critical to note that the G*M for RH's faily wasn't set up by them OR their attorney; it was set up by the daughter of a serial killer who knew/experinced exactlly what this family now is --- vengeful wrath for the misdeeds of the killer. He is soley responsible for his actions.

If the attorney has evidence/witness' to the contrary he has yet to advise LE of such.

Funny but I think it's more likely the opposite. I bet it was his behavior for at the last 15 years has been a contributing factor in AH's health issues. He's been living a double life and probably loved that no one knew. He doesn't seem to have been a very supportive husband/father considering how much time he spent away from them. Bet she bared the burden of everything within that house and he just neglected his family. He has no excuse for what he's done and we shouldn't excuse 'stressor's' as a contributing factor... JMO
Absolutely agreed and you make very good points. It wasn’t at all my intention to sound like I was blaming her for his awfulness, because I wasn’t. My heart goes out to her and the kids. The blame rests all on him.

... and the 3 hairs, they found on the victim's remains, can be tested for cancer drugs too. Would be double proof.
A couple of weeks ago Larry Kobalinski from John Jay College said that humans shed approximately 135 hairs per day, not including brushing or combing, or shower/baths. But according to LE the hairs don't contain DNA from AE, only that the hairs are similar to her. But maybe now that they swabbed AE for DNA that can make a connection to the hairs found on the victims.

Personally, I can't seem to find a G*M for the murder victims.

It seems to me unfair to blame RH's family for the lack of a fund set up in the murder victims names and, while doing so, claim that the wife is complicit in the murders to the public when LE has clearly stated she was out of country or state when the murders ccured. AND, it's critical to note that the G*M for RH's faily wasn't set up by them OR their attorney; it was set up by the daughter of a serial killer who knew/experinced exactlly what this family now is --- vengeful wrath for the misdeeds of the killer. He is soley responsible for his actions.

If the attorney has evidence/witness' to the contrary he has yet to advise LE of such.
Yes, Yes, Yes! If John Ray has an actual witness, he is basically withholding vital evidence in this case.

I had already assumed some penalty in that number. With no penalty, a tax of that amount would be for roughly $450,000 in annual income. If he was given the max penalty of 25%, that tax amount would be for roughly $375,000 in annual income. MOO

I’m in the US and currently fighting a very treatable cancer. I’m fortunate to have insurance with a reasonably low deductible, and I had the means to pay it. But looking through the billing going back and forth between the hospital and my insurance, something like $40k has been billed for just one outpatient surgery. (I hesitate to call it “minor”, but it was minor compared to a mastectomy, for example.)
Holy crap that’s insane. You would think insurance would cover more for someone’s cancer treatment (especially since, you know, you’re the one that pays to have insurance in the first place). The whole health care system in this damn country just needs a huge overhaul. I am so sorry you’re going through it. Good to hear that it is very treatable and I hope everything looks up for you, but I can imagine it’s still a scary/very nerve wracking thing to go through.

I don’t know you, but you got this!!!❤️❤️❤️ Kick that cancer right in it’s a s s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia