Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a bit off-topic

I hope that this investigation encourages both Nassau County & Suffolk County NY to invest everything they have to identify their Does, regardless of any possible connection to Gilgo Beach/LISK case.

NamUs shows 41 total unidentified remains for both Nassau & Suffolk Counties. This number seems to include Karen Vergata's case, even though she was id, so it's really 40.

A project like this is feasible for Long Island, b/c IMO these counties are prosperous. The North Shore of Nassau is where The Great Gatsby was set. Suffolk has The Hamptons. I'm sure locals could name other wealthy neighborhoods. If the money isn't in the budget, encourage wealthy or average citizens to donate to a cold case fund for advanced forensic testing, including forensic genealogy.

The Gilgo Beach task force has shown what new leadership & cooperation between agencies can do.

It would bring answers to so many families.

I tried posting the link to the combined county search on NamUs but the link doesn't preserve it. Sorry.

No problem! I just didn't want people to think I'd been saying things I hadn't. I don't know the US branch personally, but I gained a huge amount of respect for SWOP when I worked alongside them in my early twenties here in Australia. I grew up in a very conservative household, and working at ACON taught me so much that helped me unlearn my judgements of people that lingered from my childhood. The people I met there helped me expand and changed me, for the better. It wasn't their job to do that, it was just a positive side effect.

I don't think a lot of people realise how important orgs like SWOP are. A lot of orgs that do outreach to certain marginalised people (sex workers, drug users, rough sleepers) have the backing of a religion, and the help offered comes with the chaser of judgement, whether the volunteers realise it or not. SWOP is secular, and the people who run it know what the people who it services actually need and want because they have done SW themselves.

MOO
Thank you this means so much! Yes the money from the necklaces went to swop USA and they distribute it to the areas that are most in need. Currently Michigan, Texas & Hawaii. As the LISK victims family members said, they had wished an org like swop was available back when their loved ones went missing because it “could have saved them”. It just makes me feel good knowing that their stories, which are thought provoking, have helped others today through the fundraiser. It really p*ssed me off that the post reporter Deidre contacted John Ray to get his own personal statement on the project and published that above the victims families who worked alongside us for the project and even participated & loved the idea of it. We are all saddened by that article and I spoke to John Ray yesterday about it. He needs to apologize publicly not just to me.

*I’m so curious about trophy items, specifically jewelry. How would LE ascertain what belonged to his wife or daughter? Do descriptions exist for jewelry belonging to victims that wasn’t found with their remains? Can they get dna off those pieces even after this long? And what in the heck is up with those paper towels? And why only black belts?

A search warrant for South Carolina property owned by the suspect sought possible “trophies,” among other items, the suspect may have taken after the killings, according to the Chester News & Reporter, which has seen the warrant.

The warrant shows a long list of items under “property sought,” many of which are listed as “trophies,” the newspaper reported.

That list includes phones, articles of clothing, jewelry, identification, notebooks, ledgers, Bibles, personal effects and/or photographs or recordings depicting the victims, according to the paper.

Other “trophy” items were separately listed, according to the paper, including condoms, black leather belts, knives, scissors, devices used to stamp letters on leather goods, and “Bounty paper towels specifically from the Bounty Modern Print Collection.”
Live updates: Gilgo Beach serial killings update

Link? TiA

That may be. Who knows. Is it relevant? I don't think so. JMO. I'm focusing on what he has to say, his experience in the case and the evidence he has. I've followed this case long enough to know he follows the rules and he shares his information with LE. I'm always leery of anyone who tries to discredit him, because it has happened many times.
It’s relevant because in a response I made when someone asked who JR represents, I said only sherre and no longer jt and you asked for proof of that.

Do you have a link to which families he represents?

I'd like to see factual information regarding this via a link please.
It's not all that relevant.

John Ray said there is an important witness that is not being brought into the investigation appropriately.

In the past, he has made similar statements and been correct.

Do you think we should just disregard the information of the important witness?

MOO

News report on what to expect from Rex's defense team. I wonder if they will be taking cues from AE's attorneys to help defend Rex?

The reporter is correct, this case will be very complex, with so much evidence to present and so many experts.

Defense could cost upwards of $1 million or more.

JMO the real victims in this situation are John Rays clients. They’re the ones who lost loved ones to a serial killer.
That’s an important distinction we need to remember.
Imo / plain and simple it’s just not a zero sum game
There is no reason to draw equivalencies between the two or to weigh each on a scale and then compare. They can both exist independently on their own. One in no way diminishes the other. It really is a fundamental difference in viewpoint.

This is a bit off-topic

I hope that this investigation encourages both Nassau County & Suffolk County NY to invest everything they have to identify their Does, regardless of any possible connection to Gilgo Beach/LISK case.

NamUs shows 41 total unidentified remains for both Nassau & Suffolk Counties. This number seems to include Karen Vergata's case, even though she was id, so it's really 40.

A project like this is feasible for Long Island, b/c IMO these counties are prosperous. The North Shore of Nassau is where The Great Gatsby was set. Suffolk has The Hamptons. I'm sure locals could name other wealthy neighborhoods. If the money isn't in the budget, encourage wealthy or average citizens to donate to a cold case fund for advanced forensic testing, including forensic genealogy.

The Gilgo Beach task force has shown what new leadership & cooperation between agencies can do.

It would bring answers to so many families.

I tried posting the link to the combined county search on NamUs but the link doesn't preserve it. Sorry.
Great idea !

It's not all that relevant.

John Ray said there is an important witness that is not being brought into the investigation appropriately.

In the past, he has made similar statements and been correct.

Do you think we should just disregard the information of the important witness?

MOO
From your post: "John Ray said there is an important witness - that is not being brought into the investigation appropriately." I guess I am not as caught up as I thought as I don't recall the bolded part coming from JR.
If you get a sec can you point me to where he indicated the bolded part about the witness not being brought into the investigation appropriately? Appreciate it @Ruminations

*Could Dave Schaller be the important witness not being brought into the investigation appropriately?

But as new details emerge about how police finally caught the alleged killer, they’ve also raised questions about whether investigators adequately pursued a key lead — Schaller’s description of the stranger and his truck —that may have helped solve the case sooner.

Speaking out for the first time since the arrest, he said he had met with homicide detectives on multiple occasions during the initial years of the investigation.

During one of their final meetings, roughly two years after the women went missing, he said he picked the truck’s model out of a line-up of photographs provided by the detectives.

“I gave them the exact description of the truck and the dude,” he said. “I mean come on, why didn’t they use that?”

The question has vexed some law enforcement officials as well. Two high-ranking officials who worked closely on the case and attended briefings between 2011 and 2013 said they never heard anything about a witness statement describing the suspect and his vehicle.

The Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office confirmed to The Post on Monday that the detail about a dark-green Avalanche being linked to the case came in soon after the bodies of the “Gilgo Four” were found strewn around Ocean Parkway in December 2010.

“That tip came in very early on in the investigation,” a rep with the DA’s office said.

The crucial vehicle information surfaced before detectives even had a profile of the serial killer

*Could Dave Schaller be the important witness not being brought into the investigation appropriately?

But as new details emerge about how police finally caught the alleged killer, they’ve also raised questions about whether investigators adequately pursued a key lead — Schaller’s description of the stranger and his truck —that may have helped solve the case sooner.

Speaking out for the first time since the arrest, he said he had met with homicide detectives on multiple occasions during the initial years of the investigation.

During one of their final meetings, roughly two years after the women went missing, he said he picked the truck’s model out of a line-up of photographs provided by the detectives.

“I gave them the exact description of the truck and the dude,” he said. “I mean come on, why didn’t they use that?”

The question has vexed some law enforcement officials as well. Two high-ranking officials who worked closely on the case and attended briefings between 2011 and 2013 said they never heard anything about a witness statement describing the suspect and his vehicle.
That really doesn't make much sense given what is said here:

This witness says there were sex workers in the house and it was well known by the family. Once again its a leap from there to serial killing even if true, but hey it's Johnny Ray

How would DS know anything about the dynamics of the household?

MOO

But he does so at the expense, IMO wrongly, of RH's family. I still see no G*M in the name of Shannan and there is a post here that he no longer represents JT's family from someone who may be an insider.

John Ray called out, publicly shamed, those who financially supported RH's family members while stating his clients got no such support. IMO, that's not on and not exactly factual when there is no public means of affecting support to those "clients" he represents.

One can, shamelessly, be supportive of both without doing so at the expense of others especially since LE has NOT named RHs family members (any of them) as complicit or POIs unlike John Ray. Until and if such time as they do such - I will treat them as victims as well IAW Websleuths site policy. Have they lost a family member to murder - no, but they are still victims in all of this. Supporting them does not negate or lessen support of the murder victims' families.

Do we have a statement from him as to exactly who he represents as clients?

[BBM] ???

From your post: "John Ray said there is an important witness - that is not being brought into the investigation appropriately." I guess I am not as caught up as I thought as I don't recall the bolded part coming from JR.
If you get a sec can you point me to where he indicated the bolded part about the witness not being brought into the investigation appropriately? Appreciate it @Ruminations

It's between all the things that are being unnecessarily repeated. John Ray has not, as far as I know, stated AE was aware of murders.

He has stated that for years she was aware of sex with sex workers in their basement, including while AE is home.

It comports with the statement of a tinder date that was pressured to go to his home.

This could be evidence of terrible things being done to AE. But it also means she would possibly have the ability to give LE more information.

Has she given LE info? Maybe, but John Ray jumped into action around the time of that presser that seemed to have as one agenda to get it out there that LE has not been speaking to her.

Macedonia has been treated exceptionally well by Spota, keeping his law license and freedom for offenses that others have been jailed for. Spota is incarcerated for obstructing investigations into LE. I don't know how to link yet, but look for @Betty P for links.

For some reason, AE's own lawyers also seemed to be discrediting her IMO. They kept saying she has to get her mental health together, as if, should she spoken, they needed to discredit her. Why would these lawyers spend so much effort communicating that AE is not speaking to LE and that she has mental health issues, by the way? And why would this presser seem to be what sprang John Ray into action?

Focus on this piece of information. John Ray is speaking to a witness who credibly states that she knows Rex brought sex workers into the basement while AE was upstairs over the course of years.

LE could debunk it if they wanted to. They have had Rex under surveillance for quite some time.

Isn't that an important investigative lead? And doesn't it make it seem a little hinky that the family's lawyers had to have a press conference with the messages: AE is not talking to LE and by the way, she has to work on her mental health?

I don't feel that AE knew about murders. I feel that this information is evidence of her being treated with cruelty.

I also suspect that John Ray is telling us about this witness now, because this unneeded press conference seemed to him to be evidence that LE was not following the lead of 5he witness.

My interpretations - the picture I made from the dots- might not be correct. But there are important dots here.

* Witness says AE home and aware when RH had sex workers over.

* AE's lawyers claim AE is not talking to LE.

* Macedonia was given huge legal protection by Spota.

* AE's own lawyers say she has mental health issues she has to deal with.

MOO.

It is possible for the investigation to continue and be focussed where it needs to be while at the same time showing financial support to all of the victims. One has nothing to do with the other, nor are resources taken from LE & investigation by doing so.
<snipped for focus>

Agree, and Asa Ellerup and her adult children are victims and trying to put their lives back together and many people want to help them with financial resources. No justification is needed.

Justice for Jess Taylor
@Morethanlala

we are the family of Jessica Taylor, victim of LISK. we are spreading awareness and speaking love on her name. She is loved and missed every single day.

This seems strange to me but now, not so strange. Curiously, I have started to look into it after seeing these posts. I've seen mention (available to all on an internet search) that only as recent as 11 days ago (coincidentally or maybe not, in the wake of the success of AE's donation efforts) that the cousin is now seeking donations. Perhaps the possibility of coming into money has everything to do with severing ties with an attorney who was formerly advocating on your behalf on a pro bono basis. It was created August 2nd.

jmo

Last edited:
That really doesn't make much sense given what is said here:

This witness says there were sex workers in the house and it was well known by the family. Once again its a leap from there to serial killing even if true, but hey it's Johnny Ray

How would DS know anything about the dynamics of the household?

MOO
I guess he wouldn’t. Who would know about the about the dynamics of the household though?
SK? SK’s wife? SK’s daughter? SK’s son? SK’s other family member? SK’s friend?

Link? TiA

That may be. Who knows. Is it relevant? I don't think so. JMO. I'm focusing on what he has to say, his experience in the case and the evidence he has. I've followed this case long enough to know he follows the rules and he shares his information with LE. I'm always leery of anyone who tries to discredit him, because it has happened many times.

I agree. I don't think who JR may or may not represent at any given time is relevant to this investigation at all because like you, I have found him to be a pretty honest broker and I credit him greatly for keeping the pressure on. Without JR imo it would have been so easy for them to close the books on this.

All jmo

It's between all the things that are being unnecessarily repeated. John Ray has not, as far as I know, stated AE was aware of murders.

He has stated that for years she was aware of sex with sex workers in their basement, including while AE is home.

It comports with the statement of a tinder date that was pressured to go to his home.

This could be evidence of terrible things being done to AE. But it also means she would possibly have the ability to give LE more information.

Has she given LE info? Maybe, but John Ray jumped into action around the time of that presser that seemed to have as one agenda to get it out there that LE has not been speaking to her.

Macedonia has been treated exceptionally well by Spota, keeping his law license and freedom for offenses that others have been jailed for. Spota is incarcerated for obstructing investigations into LE. I don't know how to link yet, but look for @Betty P for links.

For some reason, AE's own lawyers also seemed to be discrediting her IMO. They kept saying she has to get her mental health together, as if, should she spoken, they needed to discredit her. Why would these lawyers spend so much effort communicating that AE is not speaking to LE and that she has mental health issues, by the way? And why would this presser seem to be what sprang John Ray into action?

Focus on this piece of information. John Ray is speaking to a witness who credibly states that she knows Rex brought sex workers into the basement while AE was upstairs over the course of years.

LE could debunk it if they wanted to. They have had Rex under surveillance for quite some time.

Isn't that an important investigative lead? And doesn't it make it seem a little hinky that the family's lawyers had to have a press conference with the messages: AE is not talking to LE and by the way, she has to work on her mental health?

I don't feel that AE knew about murders. I feel that this information is evidence of her being treated with cruelty.

I also suspect that John Ray is telling us about this witness now, because this unneeded press conference seemed to him to be evidence that LE was not following the lead of 5he witness.

My interpretations - the picture I made from the dots- might not be correct. But there are important dots here.

* Witness says AE home and aware when RH had sex workers over.

* AE's lawyers claim AE is not talking to LE.

* Macedonia was given huge legal protection by Spota.

* AE's own lawyers say she has mental health issues she has to deal with.

MOO.

There is no LE report that AE is complicit or that she was home when and if SWs were brought to her home by RH.

AE's lawyeres were responding to questions as to whether AE is being questioned by LE, and he said that they have not contacted her regarding questioning. So that's on LE, not AE. Or the lawyers for AE.

Do you have a link for your statement that AE's lawyer has some "huge legal protection"? Is it about the drug charges that he faced earlier in his career?

I didn't hear AE's attorney say she has mental health issues. I thought he talked about her facing cancer treatment, two cancer diagnoses, and of course she would be dealing with depression, anxiety, and other emotional challenges based on the shock of her husband being arrested for the LISK murders. Especially as a mother of a special needs adult child and with a young adult daughter, also, who she is responsible for - for both of their well-being.

AE is a victim and shame on John Ray for insinuating she is complicit in the LISK murders and challenging her worthiness in accepting the support of those in the pubic who have deep empathy for what she and her children are going through right now. Talk about blaming the victim, this guy is the epitome of that.

IMO.

edited for spelling

Last edited:
I didn't hear AE's attorney say she has mental health issues. I thought he talked about her facing cancer treatment, two cancer diagnoses, and of course she would be dealing with depression, anxiety, and other emotional challenges based on the shock of her husband being arrested for the LISK murders. Especially as a mother of a special needs adult child and with a young adult daughter, also, who she is responsible for their well-being.
Depression and anxiety are on the spectrum of mental health diagnoses just as cancer is considered a physical health problem.

How do you know she wasn't dealing with depression and anxiety before her husband's arrest?

Her lawyers at the press conference came across that her health is not doing well and that she needs more money. MOO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member