Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That really doesn't make much sense given what is said here:

This witness says there were sex workers in the house and it was well known by the family. Once again its a leap from there to serial killing even if true, but hey it's Johnny Ray

How would DS know anything about the dynamics of the household?

MOO

Did someone say that DS was the source of information about Rex H bringing sex workers into the basement while his wife was home? That doesn't seem likely.

JMO, I assume the information comes from another sex worker who Rex H hired, but didn't kill. Quite a few of them have come forward with information. Perhaps he hired one, brought her home and she saw or heard his family upstairs. Maybe the witness was surprised that Rex brought her in through the front door, with other family members present in the living room or kitchen. It doesn't mean the witness knew a lot about the family, just what they observed.

Did someone say that DS was the source of information about Rex H bringing sex workers into the basement while his wife was home? That doesn't seem likely.

JMO, I assume the information comes from another sex worker who Rex H hired, but didn't kill. Quite a few of them have come forward with information. Perhaps he hired one, brought her home and she saw or heard his family upstairs. Maybe the witness was surprised that Rex brought her in through the front door, with other family members present in the living room or kitchen. It doesn't mean the witness knew a lot about the family, just what they observed.
@imstilla.grandma wondered if DS could be the witness, I pointed out that wasn't likely given the nature of the information the witness was asserting, she agreed. That's all.

MOO

This seems strange to me but now, not so strange. Curiously, I have started to look into it after seeing these posts. I've seen mention (available to all on an internet search) that only as recent as 11 days ago (coincidentally or maybe not, in the wake of the success of AE's donation efforts) that the cousin is now seeking donations. Perhaps the possibility of coming into money has everything to do with severing ties with an attorney who was formerly advocating on your behalf on a pro bono basis. It was created August 2nd.

jmo
Is it verified?
Very few followers?

JMO, I assume the information comes from another sex worker who Rex H hired, but didn't kill. Quite a few of them have come forward with information. Perhaps he hired one, brought her home and she saw or heard his family upstairs. Maybe the witness was surprised that Rex brought her in through the front door, with other family members present in the living room or kitchen. It doesn't mean the witness knew a lot

I had assumed it was a neighbour..
i wonder?

If you mean the Twitter account, you must know a blue tick means nothing these days, if you've seen the smallest fraction of the drama on that site recently.

MOI know twtr very well indeed and because of that I ask. It is not even remotely beyond the scope of reasonable inquiry to wonder if some weirdo didn't set up this account for the hell of it

I agree. I don't think who JR may or may not represent at any given time is relevant to this investigation at all because like you, I have found him to be a pretty honest broker and I credit him greatly for keeping the pressure on. Without JR imo it would have been so easy for them to close the books on this.

All jmo
The books would have been closed, burned, and the ashes buried.

I'm not saying he was a one man show, but he was an essential part of keeping many of these unsolved murdered relevant.

It appears at this point that Rex may have only tangential, non criminal connections to his current/former client(s). But we don't know that yet. Rex can't be ruled out based on available info.

But IMO John Ray also kept those victims and signs of Suffolk County corruption relevant.

MOO

Completely agree. Perhaps, IF the press release was also a way to let RH know what was going on as someone theorized, the family will retreat into quietness now. It is my feeling that the Heuermann family is poised more on a tightrope with public opinion than the families of the deceased women. I suspect sympathy for the Heuermanns might turn fairly quickly if their attitude, words and actions are not well received. Choosing to stay out of the limelight might be a better choice.

“Choosing to stay out of the limelight might be a better choice”

I agree with much of you said except for the above statement. AE and her children did not ask the media vultures to descend and prey upon them once they returned to their home. The voyeuristic media was absolutely relentless and cruel in filming and photographing AE and her children.

IMO only, perhaps her lawyer was trying to humanize her for the public, but I’m really not sure. Very unfortunate if this has backfired and caused people to resent her and her adult children.

That's another possibility. Hadn't thought of that one. He mentioned in his presser that he had deposed/questioned this witness for hours and felt they were telling the truth. If you read his depositions in the Shannan Gilbert lawsuit, JR is a pro.

I am not in a place where I will discredit his prior work at any level.
I'm glad he did what he did /
However there is more to be done and if he was on the ball he'd be doing that instead.
he may have just lost the plot.
It happens.

That in no way stops me believing what I do believe about other victims.
JR is not a victim.
And here we are again- distracted.

There's plenty of work to be done..

Is it verified?
Very few followers?
That Twitter? No idea. I only looked at the post linked here by another. It's not relevant imo. The only relevant thing I think is for those to not state JR was terminated for those reasons stated.

jmo

That Twitter? No idea. I only looked at the post linked here by another. It's not relevant imo. The only relevant thing I think is for those to not state JR was terminated for those reasons stated.

jmo
What reasons were stated?

Aug 2023
''Time codes:

''Joseph Scott Morgan and Dave Mack provide an update and captivating insights into the intricacies of the Gilgo Beach case, the suspect, Rex Heuermann, and the challenges faced by investigators. Speculations arise surrounding Heuermann’s behaviors and the possibilities of further crimes despite his hiatus. They examine the intricacies of the case, the perplexing behavior of serial perpetrators, and how a deep understanding of forensics can shine a light on the darkest of mysteries.''

[00:00:20] Joseph Scott Morgan tells of Benjamin Parks' gold discovery in 1828, the biggest in America back then, likening the gold discovery to forensic investigation, where evidence demands meticulous searching.

[00:02:00] Introduction to the episode’s main topic: the enigmatic Gilgo Beach murders and revelations of recent court developments.

[00:03:20] Dave Mack outlines the consuming nature of the Gilgo Beach investigation.

[00:04:00] Career impacts and missed chances due to the case's complications are touched upon by Joe Scott.

[00:05:00] The hosts dive into Rex Heuermann's arrest, his closeness to the crime scene, and possible additional charges in connection to the Gilgo Beach murders.

[00:06:20] Discussion on the recent court hearing for Heuermann and the significant evidence passed to the defense team.

[00:08:11] Dave Mack reveals the vast manhours and resources put into the Gilgo Beach murder investigations and elucidates how Shannon Gilbert's separate case led to discovering the Gilgo Beach murders.

[00:10:20] Heuermann's knowledge of Long Island, especially the waterways, and its potential use in evading detection is debated.

[00:13:12] The late DNA cheek swab request from authorities becomes a point of intrigue.

[00:15:27] The communication between Rex Humerman and his wife post-arrest sparks speculation. Joseph Scott Morgan contemplates whether Rex might have brought a victim to his residence.

[00:17:20] Evidence removed from Hueurmann’s Long Island home indicates possible renovations as methods to conceal evidence.

[00:20:00] The challenges of investigating a cluttered crime scene are delved into.

[00:23:07] The tragic victims involved in the case are introduced. Joe Scott speculates about the Gilgo victims' cause of death, the scarcity of physical evidence, and the puzzling behaviors of serial criminals.

[00:26:00] Dave Mack addresses the murder's ongoing investigation and the nonexistence of a statute of limitations. The perpetrator's potential pause in crimes is questioned.

even if he did, it's my understanding that the basement is accessed from the outside per pictures we saw of the investigators descending the cellar stairs to what I've been calling the 'dungeon' (or is there also a stairwell inside?)

if the outside access is the only access, then it would be very easy to rush someone down there without AE noticing
I've lived in homes with that kind of door, usually Bilco brand. The homes I've lived in and seen also had inside stairs. I had a relative who lived in Smithtown (not that far away on LI...more north and east) in a neighborhood with very similar smallish but very functional 3 bedroom homes. Some of the home owners had outdoor access to their basements, like the Heuermann home, sometimes with real doors you walked down steps to access, the surrounding yard held back with a retaining wall. Others you could only enter the basement from inside.

Usually, there is another exterior door under the Bilco door. Sometimes both have locks.

I don't see it as sneakier than going in the front door or kitchen door.

It is still ultimately a house with 5 rooms on the main floor, a hatch to an attic, and a basement with utilities and storage. There really isn't any place that is very far from any other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader