Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I know you weren’t making anything up :). Just wanted to read it because I missed it :)
I know you knew that.. just messin'.

Harrison did kind of leave it open. This is what he said

Harrison told CNN on Monday he was informed that once authorities told Ellerup and her daughter about the crimes Heuermann is accused of, the two were “shocked, they were disgusted, they were embarrassed.”

MORE ON CRIME AND JUSTICE​

Their reaction, he said, is why he believes they were not aware of what he was doing.

“But, time will tell,” he added. “And once again, there are still a lot more questions that need to be done to the family and friends.”

Is it possible she's not mentally well enough to be interviewed at this time? We saw her reaction to the reporters in front of her home initially (shouting and flipping he birds), as well as the lawyers pointing out that she's going through a horrific emotional time and them trying to get her back to being mentally healthy. Maybe she isn't able to cope with any of it right now. MOO.

You have to wonder what life was really like inside the home, apart from any crime or murder. The home being disheveled, “an eyesore in the neighborhood” combined with them looking worn down. I don’t get the vibe of a happy home or a family integrated well into society. moo

Exactly— and then the family is vilified by some for “not cooperating” when they haven’t been contacted yet! Seems crazy to me.

I’m sure LE is continuing to process the evidence and will request an interview when they are good and ready.

In the meantime, I’m not sure why some posters are blaming the family for “not cooperating”. My opinion.
One could say that the family has been interviewed but has not been interrogated yet.

Back to sleuthing.
I have a question re chat GPT.

Assuming RH had a building where he brought his victims, could chat gPT locate all vacant buildings he had access to if fed the right information about all his active contracts since late 90's?

This technology is known to have flaws but why not give a shot. Couldn’t hurt anything. Just don’t be surprised if you ask it a question and it gives you a wrong or unrelated answer. :)

—-

Eta: @kittythehare, this is good thinking out of the box. Give it a go! I’m not a fan of AI taking over the world, but it sure provides a new angle to sleuthing!!

You’re not using it to write your college papers, are you?

Last edited:
This technology is known to have flaws but why not give a shot. Couldn’t hurt anything. Just don’t be surprised if you ask it a question and it gives you a wrong or unrelated answer. :)

—-

Eta: @kittythehare, this is good thinking out of the box. Give it a go! I’m not a fan of AI taking over the world, but it sure provides a new angle to sleuthing!!
No, wrote all of those by hand way back when jesus was a boy..

I don't like it either and I don't have a clue how to work it or what info it would require to search for a needle in a haystack..
he had access to so many places it would be almost impossible to search each and every one of them.

If we could just get one clue from one survivor...

It was JMO, so I can't be wrong for feeling that the comparison was unfair. She hasn't been arrested so the law of innocent until proven guilty doesn't apply to her, she is just innocent. It doesn't matter what the intention of the comparison was, it's going to tar her imagine in the minds of many people who see the comparison being made.
The comparison wasn't made. It was an example of how we can be wrong. LE knows more than we do. Let them investigate. Ideally without being sued.

Ok jumping off my own post above, of course we can’t say how we would react in AE’s situation, again presuming no involvement, but I would thiiiink I miiiight want to go to LE directly and have them explain to me very clearly how they got to this point. Yes these are outlined in the documents, but I would want to know everything, whether I’m surprised by the allegations or not. And I’d be like, so where do we go from here? What happens next? Yes I realize this is being done through the attorney. But the whole no communication between these two parties is just so strange to me.
I do not believe there has been no communication.

IMO no interrogation, no Miranda warning, no swearing in is what Macedonia and company is calling "no communication."

*Could Dave Schaller be the important witness not being brought into the investigation appropriately?

But as new details emerge about how police finally caught the alleged killer, they’ve also raised questions about whether investigators adequately pursued a key lead — Schaller’s description of the stranger and his truck —that may have helped solve the case sooner.

Speaking out for the first time since the arrest, he said he had met with homicide detectives on multiple occasions during the initial years of the investigation.

During one of their final meetings, roughly two years after the women went missing, he said he picked the truck’s model out of a line-up of photographs provided by the detectives.

“I gave them the exact description of the truck and the dude,” he said. “I mean come on, why didn’t they use that?”

The question has vexed some law enforcement officials as well. Two high-ranking officials who worked closely on the case and attended briefings between 2011 and 2013 said they never heard anything about a witness statement describing the suspect and his vehicle.
My guess is LE at the time actually suspected DS and therefore ignored or thought less of his eyewitness testimony. Cops love to laser focus on a murder victim's closest relatives or friends (usually for good reasons), but many times at the expense of adequate investigation into other possible theories.. I'm thinking this may be part of why DS's statements about vehicle and Amber's previous client were shuffled around, but they would never admit that of course. JMO

IMO, we show some gender bias here. Of course no-one should be actually thinking that AE is likely to have an active involvement in the murders, as the LE has stated that she was out of town when these happened and she has not been named a POI.

However, it is also understandable why people are shocked about the (most likely misleading) "she has not been interviewed" statement by her lawyer. After all, her hair was on the victims. Moreover, awawk it was most likely 3 units of her hair and only 1 unit of RH-s hair. Just imagine if these 3 hairs were of an unknown male friend of RH. Would you be happy if there were no interviews with him, just because there were some old plane tickets for these 3 dates, so topic ended? I don't think I would be happy with that.

My guess is LE at the time actually suspected DS and therefore ignored or thought less of his eyewitness testimony. Cops love to laser focus on a murder victim's closest relatives or friends (usually for good reasons), but many times at the expense of adequate investigation into other possible theories.. I'm thinking this may be part of why DS's statements about vehicle and Amber's previous client were shuffled around, but they would never admit that of course. JMO
At first I thought well, maybe he later saw the vehicle later with the wife around town or something, it was the only way I could fit him in with what JR said. I agree he was definitely dismissed for some issue. DS may or not know the reasons why, but my invisible radar could tell he is pissed he was overlooked and heard ‘go away you’re a pest’ from LE those times he made visits to the police station. He wasn’t even recognized when first announced. Uncool!

IMO, we show some gender bias here. Of course no-one should be actually thinking that AE is likely to have an active involvement in the murders, as the LE has stated that she was out of town when these happened and she has not been named a POI.

However, it is also understandable why people are shocked about the (most likely misleading) "she has not been interviewed" statement by her lawyer. After all, her hair was on the victims. Moreover, awawk it was most likely 3 units of her hair and only 1 unit of RH-s hair. Just imagine if these 3 hairs were of an unknown male friend of RH. Would you be happy if there were no interviews with him, just because there were some old plane tickets for these 3 dates, so topic ended? I don't think I would be happy with that.
Your words reflect my frustrated thoughts for the past two days. Thank you. I’ve been trying to find a way to tiptoe around this topic. Perfect! I will just leave it at that…

It's entirely misleading.
She most certainly was interviewed by the police.

It's entirely misleading.
She most certainly was interviewed by the police.
Agree. There is no doubt in my mind that Mrs. H has been interviewed. How else would LE confidently and clearly state she isn’t a suspect at this time? Probably a few times, but I do doubt there has been sufficient reason for an interrogation yet.

I do agree with OP‘s opinion of possible gender bias at play in here and most certainly out there. What if Mr. H had a male spouse in the same circumstances?

Obviously you like him. That's cool. Just as obviously, others don't. Also cool. I too consider him a distraction. While he's not under investigation, his insistence at thrusting himself into the investigation makes him fair game -- in my opinion.

We need to wait and see where the investigation goes, what it reveals while avoiding distractions. Good, verified evidence is helpful, regardless of where it comes from. Stick with the facts of the case.

I find it very strange that multiple posters in this thread are accusing Heuermann's wife of helping facilitate the murders of multiple woman when there is little to no evidence provided to point in that direction. In fact, the evidence that has been provided does the exact opposite, proving that he commited the murders when she was on holiday. The evidence that could point in that direction is have the nucleus of the hair that isn't even 100% his wife's but that can easily be explained by him having it on his clothes or bringing them home - while she isn't there, mind you - and the word of a lawyer that has been sketchy at best.
Well, if their home is super dirty (or, at least, has been described as "akin to hoarder"), couldn't there be carpet transfer?

I've hair something akin to his Mrs., and I molt all over the place. (I even got one of those long rubber-toothed pet rakes for the throw rugs, because pushing a vacuum is hard on my lousy L5/S1.)

IMO, their carpets are probably a semi-matted mess, and it'd be no surprise to me if the hair transfer was totally accidental. (My poor beleaguered father once found one of my mother's hairs; INSIDE his sock, wound about his toe cutting off his circulation at work, lol; so I'm used to decades of this.)

I just want his lair to be found so bad..
We're really stuck until that happens.
I believe their deaths were prolonged because of the nature of the beast and if his only desire in killing was instant death, he could easily have broken their necks in the street and kept on walking..
that is not what he chose though, is it?
He chose petite light young women.

Not his own size.

And not just to break their necks quickly and kill them fast either IMO.

That lair simply must be found.

IMO (rant over)

Generally speaking, I think serial killers may be more common than previously thought, or than people think. Too tired to go into why I think this, not sure I can explain it well even if not tired. It’s just a hunch, imo.

There seems to be overlap sometimes, trying to attribute which killer may have been responsible for which killing. These are just the ones we know about.

So many unsolved cases. So many homicides.

I think there are a lot of sick people out there, more than some of us are willing to accept exist. Of course ratio-wise, when quantified amount per population, it might seem like a small number, and proportionately it is, but independently, nonproprtionately it’s still a significant number.

There are gazillions of shows on ID. Of course not all are related to serial killers.

I think tracking technology, DNA advancement, surveillance, makes it harder to get away with.

But I think there is a significant amount of people out there who want to kill.

That’s my uplifting input at bedtime.

There is evidence, namely her DNA and hair found in the wrappings of two victims bodies. Two of the three hairs found on victims bodies were hers. There's also a new witness who claims knowledge of Rex bringing sex workers back to the home while his family was there, on more than one occasion.

The investigation isn't complete, but the evidence out there can't be ignored. No one is accusing her, but they need to question her and pursue an investigation. If something turns up in the evidence from the search warrants, they probably will take a closer look.
Do you have a link to this info?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members