Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would that be near that huge wooded area just down the street from his home or close to his storage units?

Possible, but NyxNY thinks he might have been referring to Manorville.

I don't recall the location of his storage lockers, offhand, but recall they were close to his home.

ETA: Considering all the long cab rides, hotel/motel expenses, SW costs, etc. Its no wonder he never paid his bills. He spent all his money on his "hobbies". Also assume that's part of why is first marriage ended.

Possible, but NyxNY thinks he might have been referring to Manorville.

I don't recall the location of his storage lockers, offhand, but recall they were close to his home.

ETA: Considering all the long cab rides, hotel/motel expenses, SW costs, etc. Its no wonder he never paid his bills. He spent all his money on his "hobbies". Also assume that's part of why is first marriage ended.
Storage units were in Amityville. (Sp?)

So coincidental how strong incriminating evidence against Heuermann sat buried in files for 12 years. The witness who provided it was also frustrated that SCPD never followed up on it. Just one of many witnesses whose information was ignored and discredited, but DNA and digital data proved it to be true.

I have a feeling that further investigations of these new witnesses information will also validate their stories. Will it just be buried again after November?

Why was Asa Ellerups hair found on two of the victims bodies? Why does she have her own attorney?

Will anyone in LE continue to investigate all of Heuermann’s digital data to see if there are connections to people at Oak Beach? It’s not a stretch of the imagination. For a serial killer, Rex H was a very social guy, liked to join groups.

Theres a strong impression, JMO, that this investigation isn’t complete.

I think corrupt police officers knew what Rex was up to, and wanted to hide their own involvement in swinger sex worker parties.

A few things bothered me about the press conference: First, everything mentioned was hearsay and a press conference was held on that info. 2nd, the wife of the beast was attacked at the Press Conference without any true evidence to prove what was said about her. Lastly, I have a hard time believing the story of a couple seeing a posting inside a club in Manhatten for a party at a house all the way out in Long Island and they simply decide to go plus pick up a prostitute to take with them. It does sound a little far fetched IMO.

Not to me it doesn't.
There's a whole dark underbelly out there.

Not to me it doesn't.

It was stated that Rex Heuermann also hung out at that club. It was near his Manhattan office. They may have known him from the Manhattan club. Plus, the male of the couple was an NYPD detective. As the witness stated in her affadavit, she assured the worried SW, who rode in the car with them, that she would be safe because her partner was LE. She felt very guilty that they ended up leaving the young SW at Heuermann's house because she seemed afraid of Rex.

A lot of this information will be easy for SCPD to verify. They have Heuermann's data from computers, internet, burner cell phones, car tracking, etc. They also have all of his financial records and can track his spending for many years in the past.

They found camo, guns and survivalist gear at his home, too. JMO, they can verify the witnesses's claims. She and John Ray know this. Having signed an affidavit, she may be required to testify in court, under oath.

It was stated that Rex Heuermann also hung out at that club. It was near his Manhattan office. They may have known him from the Manhattan club. Plus, the male of the couple was an NYPD detective. As the witness stated in her affadavit, she assured the worried SW, who rode in the car with them, that she would be safe because her partner was LE. She felt very guilty that they ended up leaving the young SW at Heuermann's house because she seemed afraid of Rex.

A lot of this information will be easy for SCPD to verify. They have Heuermann's data from computers, internet, burner cell phones, car tracking, etc. They also have all of his financial records and can track his spending for many years in the past.

They found camo, guns and survivalist gear at his home, too. JMO, they can verify the witnesses's claims. She and John Ray know this. Having signed an affidavit, she may be required to testify in court, under oath.

I guess we will find out during the trial, but I don't find the wild sex club swinger thing far-fetched at all, I find it quite plausible, and makes sense that Rex had LE friends.

That sure sounds possible, especially with the other bodies found there. There probably aren't many places where he could tramp around in the woods.

But is that the location he called the taxi to, or just where he wanted her to drive to?

I also have to give major credit to the taxi driver's dispatcher who it seems took control of the situation, called LE and started yelling at Rex H to get out of the car.

ETA: In the affadavit, the taxi driver says she was called to a little road off Ocean Ave, in Ronkonkoma. Actually, that's over near JFK. Any idea where that might have been? Is Ocean Ave also called Hook Creek Blvd? There are some streets off Ocean Ave that have areas of woods. She said he stepped out of some woods that were at the edge of a parking lot. Across the street there was a residence where people saw what was going on.

JFK? Iam confused because there is an Ocean Ave in Ronkonkoma.

I guess we will find out during the trial, but I don't find the wild sex club swinger thing far-fetched at all, I find it quite plausible, and makes sense that Rex had LE friends.
Yes, and let’s not forget the CCC crew over at Utopia Guide. They spoke of groups that had b()()cake sessions on some of the SWs, they rated them and spoke of vendettas against some- possibly Amber and her sister, Kim. I still think he would have easily been a part of that group. They had similar hobbies, territories and establishments in common.

Also curious - why didn’t they name the NYPD narcotics cop who she was with or have him also write out an affidavit ? Or just even say that they contacted him and he had no comment. Are they trying to tell that cop they are on to him and know his identity. And could he even be a part of the task force and that is why this whole presser was separate and distinct from them. Which btw spoke volumes

I bet they know who the narcotics cop is. Maybe Harrison even knows him personally if they happened to both be in NYPD narcotics at the same time in the 90s. Imagine that. That would be a fantastic reason as to why Harrison was standing next to John Ray during this presser. I can't see this witness signing an affidavit yet not giving the name of the cop who was also at Heuermann's house.

NYPD cops and sex workers notoriously have had a strange symbiotic relationship. Something I have hesitated to say before here: Immediate family... Lieutenant... NYPD... 70s-90s. I have stories. It was not abnormal for police to fraternize with the sex workers and most knew who was walking the streets - especially in their precincts. It was not unheard of for cops and sex workers to have friendly interactions on one day then the next slow day rough them up during an arrest and send them to jail overnight. You could say for sport. Example... one day a cop might throw some garbage out of their car window while passing a known sex worker in the crosswalk, laughing hysterically because their outfit is now soiled and then the next day pull over and have a friendly chat with them and tell them to keep it off their "beat" tonight. Maybe they save a dead rat or two to throw at sex workers for fun when they drive by and still tell the stories to this day. NYPD cops treating sex workers inhumanely is something I have heard a lot of first hand stories about. I think its safe to assume SCPD is similar considering all we know already.

The internet changed how things work a bit but it is still true that both cops and sex workers still need to have those symbiotic relationships to keep in business.

To keep this case active and to keep the witnesses coming in, Harrison needs to show (quite literally) he stands apart from the exact cops that most of these witnesses have most likely had interactions with in the past. I think the presser was a smart move.

ETA: In the affadavit, the taxi driver says she was called to a little road off Ocean Ave, in Ronkonkoma. Actually, that's over near JFK. Any idea where that might have been? Is Ocean Ave also called Hook Creek Blvd? There are some streets off Ocean Ave that have areas of woods. She said he stepped out of some woods that were at the edge of a parking lot. Across the street there was a residence where people saw what was going on.

JFK? Iam confused because there is an Ocean Ave in Ronkonkoma.

@Betty P ... @madamx is correct
The Ocean Ave they are referring to is in Ronkonkoma. Exit 59 off the LIE. It's quite a ways from JFK - about 45 miles at least. 1 hour drive average and forget it if it's rush hour.

Why did this swinger couple (one of whom was a cop), pick up a random homeless person to bring to a sex party? And she had to take a shower first? And she was hungry and wanted food. This does not sound like a prostitute at all. I don't think the cop was having sex with Rex, he was having sex with Vargatta (maybe while Rex watched).

At this point in time, we don’t know who may or may not have helped suspect Rex to possibly lure, groom, kill or help him dispose of dead women and/or possibly men.

Many have suggested that the killer may have had another woman’s help. We can’t assume that any member of his “associates” is a victim, especially since some of the lawyers involved come with their own baggage.

Why did this swinger couple (one of whom was a cop), pick up a random homeless person to bring to a sex party? And she had to take a shower first? And she was hungry and wanted food. This does not sound like a prostitute at all. I don't think the cop was having sex with Rex, he was having sex with Vargatta (maybe while Rex watched).

It is a possibility that the "random homeless" person wasn't totally unknown to the cop. Karen Vergata was known to LE in NYC- she had convictions and had just been released from jail on drug charges. She might have looked a bit rough and the witness could have assumed she was houseless. She might not have been "random" at all.

I bet they know who the narcotics cop is. Maybe Harrison even knows him personally if they happened to both be in NYPD narcotics at the same time in the 90s. Imagine that. That would be a fantastic reason as to why Harrison was standing next to John Ray during this presser. I can't see this witness signing an affidavit yet not giving the name of the cop who was also at Heuermann's house.

NYPD cops and sex workers notoriously have had a strange symbiotic relationship. Something I have hesitated to say before here: Immediate family... Lieutenant... NYPD... 70s-90s. I have stories. It was not abnormal for police to fraternize with the sex workers and most knew who was walking the streets - especially in their precincts. It was not unheard of for cops and sex workers to have friendly interactions on one day then the next slow day rough them up during an arrest and send them to jail overnight. You could say for sport. Example... one day a cop might throw some garbage out of their car window while passing a known sex worker in the crosswalk, laughing hysterically because their outfit is now soiled and then the next day pull over and have a friendly chat with them and tell them to keep it off their "beat" tonight. Maybe they save a dead rat or two to throw at sex workers for fun when they drive by and still tell the stories to this day. NYPD cops treating sex workers inhumanely is something I have heard a lot of first hand stories about. I think its safe to assume SCPD is similar considering all we know already.

The internet changed how things work a bit but it is still true that both cops and sex workers still need to have those symbiotic relationships to keep in business.

To keep this case active and to keep the witnesses coming in, Harrison needs to show (quite literally) he stands apart from the exact cops that most of these witnesses have most likely had interactions with in the past. I think the presser was a smart move.
Got it. I really appreciate the inside/local perspective @Ursamajr

Not to me it doesn't.
agreed @x_files
A whole dark underbelly that needs to be exposed no matter where that leads
" Good and Bad" traits are seemingly very entertwined thoughout LE and a lot of the players tasked with solving these vicious and senseless murders. Hopefully it is unravelling. There is right and wrong and then there is reality.
The true criminal/s are the murderer/s and whoever aided and abetted any cover up.
So many road blocks and twists and turns - it really is hard to know for sure who to trust
JMO

Why was Asa Ellerups hair found on two of the victims bodies? Why does she have her own attorney?

<snipped for focus>

DA has indicated that AE was overseas at the time of the murders, and that her hair was a result of transfer due to living with RH.

She definitely needs her own attorney. It would be a conflict of interest for her to have the same attorney as RX. Even without that, there are many legal issues she is facing now and will continue to face in the future as a result of being married to RH. The first thing her attorney is helping her with is her divorce, which had to be filed quickly for her financial protection and security.

I guess the real question is: why wouldn't Asa have her own attorney

A few things bothered me about the press conference: First, everything mentioned was hearsay and a press conference was held on that info. 2nd, the wife of the beast was attacked at the Press Conference without any true evidence to prove what was said about her.

<snipped for focus>

Agree completely, Asa Ellerup is a victim, and not sure what John Ray's issue is with her, but he continues to go after her. I wonder if she could file a civil lawsuit against him for defamation of character. I hope we hear from her attorney soon to make it clear that she is a victim in this case and to strongly defend her against this guy's accusations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee