Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

From the looks of this recent Google Maps photo, it's still shut down.

Side street where the witness said his car was parked is to the left.

I wonder if LE should search the woods behind the old Sayville Motel?

Last edited:
The affidavit didnt indicate thats why she was picked up. They said she was homeless and hungry
I looked at the address links posted upthread for the swingers club. The address next door at 15 E 27th was a former homeless shelter and probably empty in Feb 1996 (maybe with squatters?). Perhaps picking up a hungry and homeless person was as easy as walking out the front door of the club? Do we know where the couple picked up Karen Vergata?

This is info about the next door building to swingers' club:

"With the rise in homelessness in the 1980s, private hotels, including The Prince George, began accepting contracts from New York City to house homeless families.... In 1989, after years of chaos, families were moved out by court order and the hotel was closed, remaining vacant for nine years.

In 1996, Breaking Ground acquired The Prince George Hotel, and with the help of government agencies and corporate partners, transformed the building into permanent supportive housing for homeless and low-income single adults."

I looked at the address links posted upthread for the swingers club. The address next door at 15 E 27th was a former homeless shelter and probably empty in Feb 1996 (maybe with squatters?). Perhaps picking up a hungry and homeless person was as easy as walking out the front door of the club? Do we know where the couple picked up Karen Vergata?

This is info about the next door building to swingers' club:

"With the rise in homelessness in the 1980s, private hotels, including The Prince George, began accepting contracts from New York City to house homeless families.... In 1989, after years of chaos, families were moved out by court order and the hotel was closed, remaining vacant for nine years.

In 1996, Breaking Ground acquired The Prince George Hotel, and with the help of government agencies and corporate partners, transformed the building into permanent supportive housing for homeless and low-income single adults."

quoting myself....wonder if Rex had anything to do with building codes/permits for homeless housing like this??? That thought just sprang to mind, fwiw. Just thinking aloud.

eta: or for sex-club renovations? That would give him a "reason" to be in the place during the day, for example. Again, this is not based on anything but my wondering mind.

jmo

From the looks of this recent Google Maps photo, it's still shut down.
It was actually purchased at the beginning of this month. Hopefully, all of the same things will not be happening again. But who knows. That motel was notorious.

Gotta shout out the WSers who have been with these Long Island cases from the start!

I did not follow LISK as the bodies were found. Occasionally I would peek at the thread over the years but it was complicated, I was confused, and the corruption angle seemed too far-fetched to me.

I picked up interest when Rex was arrested, but still thought the insistence by some that Gilbert and others were connected was far-fetched. I stepped away, figuring the guy was caught for the 3 (4) that he killed.

But with developments after Rex' arrest, including the press conference yesterday, makes me say, "Websleuthers knew there was more to this!!!"

Good job. Keep it up. :)

Last edited:
John Ray's issue with her is that he's had multiple witnesses, one who has signed an affidavit and is willing to testify in court, who went to Heuermann's house and conversed with Asa Ellerup while she was there. It was during the "swinger's party". Another sex worker has said she was there on a different occasion and AE accused her of stealing her iron - the kind you iron clothes with. Bizarre. This witness has chosen not to sign an affidavit because she wants to keep her privacy. She left SW a long time ago, has a family, lives in another state.

Have you read the affidavits yet?
Yes, this new affidavit has certainly got my hinky meter up as to exactly what might AE known and for long? The house just was not that big, unless she wasn't there at the time. The woman says that she saw AE there. I just don't know.

I know that I would be aware if there are swinger parties or SW in my home period, especially if I was at home, but that is the relationship I have with my hubs.

MOO

Yes, this new affidavit has certainly got my hinky meter up as to exactly what might AE known and for long? The house just was not that big, unless she wasn't there at the time. The woman says that she saw AE there. I just don't know.

I know that I would be aware if there are swinger parties or SW in my home period, especially if I was at home, but that is the relationship I have with my hubs.

MOO
Actually, 2 women saw AE there - the one who was in a swinger "couple with the NYPD detective, the other was a SW who Rex hired and took to his home. She's the one who said AE accused her of stealing her iron (?)

It's possible AE knew of and saw Rex's activity with swinger couples and SW's. She may have even been familiar with some of the LE who were invited there. If both of them were a swinging couple, as is alleged, she might not have cared if he brought sex workers home.

It's convenient to say she might not have known he was killing the sex workers, but the woman in the affidavit says they left the young, hungry, scared woman there when both Rex and Asa were in the home. I can't speculate beyond that, though.

SCPD had said very recently that they thought Karen Vergata's death was linked to Rex H, as well as that of Valerie Mack. They're planning to look into it, but someone needs to make certain the investigation doesn't die once Harrison leaves.

According to one of the witnesses, she had seen Shannan and Heuermann before. The cab driver was called to pick up Shannan at a motel. Shannan had locked herself in the bathroom when Rex became aggressive. Rex, left the room first, hiding his face, then Shannan came out next. She said something about these guys always wanting her to come out there to Long Island, but she didn’t like them.

When she saw Heuerman’s face in the news at his arrest, she recognized him. She called LE to report her encounters with Rex H, they took the info, but never had an officer call her back,
De ja vu - "she was never reported missing!"

So coincidental how strong incriminating evidence against Heuermann sat buried in files for 12 years. The witness who provided it was also frustrated that SCPD never followed up on it. Just one of many witnesses whose information was ignored and discredited, but DNA and digital data proved it to be true.

I have a feeling that further investigations of these new witnesses information will also validate their stories. Will it just be buried again after November?

Why was Asa Ellerups hair found on two of the victims bodies? Why does she have her own attorney?

Will anyone in LE continue to investigate all of Heuermann’s digital data to see if there are connections to people at Oak Beach? It’s not a stretch of the imagination. For a serial killer, Rex H was a very social guy, liked to join groups.

Theres a strong impression, JMO, that this investigation isn’t complete.
I'm still not ready to accuse AE of anything. But about that attorney....

you're right. AE herself said her attorney told her anything she says could incriminate her, so she should stay silent. wtf? Why not advise her to give all information to the attorney, let the attorney evaluate the legal ramifications, then have your attorney negotiate with LE so you can safely say what you know, if any of it implicates you?

I do have confidence that LE has eyes on AE, and they know if she's a threat to society or not, and will arrest her if ever needed for public safety. I think shes either not a murderer, or, less likely, she is a murder-helper that LE hopes to learn from it by watching her next actions. But her attorney seems like he's trying to prevent LE from learning anything. His first statements were about no talking between spouses about the case.

MOO

https://spotify.link/xIpkn3KB1Db

So, in this episode of LISK Podcast, Rodney Harrison says that Shannan's death was an accident.

The episode was released today and after seeing him at the press conference yesterday with information linking her to Rex, I am not sure what to think.
Some people, like DutyRon, retired LE, think that Rodney Harrison could very well have a murder investigation going, and try to disguise it with such comments.

Wow

wow. That’s asa’s attorney? That’s some weird stuff that out of all the attorneys she could choose, this one seems to be tied into the party scene and corruption on LI…. Would love to know more about his cocaine arrest/conviction as well as who he associates with out there .. just seems really fishy…
We haven't the info to know she chose him. He could have foisted himself on her, or be paid by someone with an interest in suppressing evidence.

We haven't the info to know she chose him. He could have foisted himself on her, or be paid by someone with an interest in suppressing evidence.

I don't think anyone knows who is paying him.

I just think, if the witness is right (and it can be verified) that Rex and Asa were involved with the Trapeze swinging club and having swinging parties at their home on the regular, Asa has seen a lot of people. Swinging is primarily done with couples, no single people allowed. That's the way most clubs are and the way "swingers" prefer it. Only learning this from reading stuff the last couple of days. If Rex was going to a club, he needed to bring a partner. That would have been Asa or a sex worker.

If they had a card up at Trapeze inviting people to swinging parties at their house, Asa would have needed to be part of that. So, she's done this before. She knows the people involved. The witness from the swinging encounter said there were several law enforcement people who were members at Trapeze and a group from Long Island.

Asa knows stuff. She may not have participated in the killing of these women, but she probably knew it was happening or strongly suspected stuff.

<snipped for focus>

DA has indicated that AE was overseas at the time of the murders, and that her hair was a result of transfer due to living with RH.

She definitely needs her own attorney. It would be a conflict of interest for her to have the same attorney as RX. Even without that, there are many legal issues she is facing now and will continue to face in the future as a result of being married to RH. The first thing her attorney is helping her with is her divorce, which had to be filed quickly for her financial protection and security.

I guess the real question is: why wouldn't Asa have her own attorney
So here is a thought I had. Nobody really knows exactly what date the murders occurred. Or what date the bodies were disposed of. Or how long they sat where ever they were before being disposed of.

<modsnip: Not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
If married to ogre, can see that would have zero interest in who or what he is doing in the basement. Probably have a good idea, but refuse to know.
SW will tell you how common their work is, and people’s unusual arrangements and living styles. (If even a tiny fraction of Massapequa are swingers, it’s still a few dozen people. Same w SW)) Aware of situations where husbands have girls come to home and pretend it’s work colleague, personal trainer etc right in wife’s face. Probably part of the desire to dominate and humiliate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi