Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilgo Beach Serial Killer

In the affidavit, a 54-year-old woman whose name was not released said she and her then-boyfriend — a New York City narcotics detective — went to Heuermann’s house after finding an open invitation to go there on the wall of Trapeze, a swingers club in Manhattan where couples share partners with one another. On their way to Long Island, the witness said her boyfriend picked up a woman she recognized as Vergata, the witness wrote in the affidavit, after authorities announced in August that they had identified the victim after two decades. Ray said the woman cried when she saw Vergata’s face in the news because the witness told the attorney that she was uneasy with how the victim was allegedly left at the suspect’s house.

“Hey shouldn’t we be taking her, something’s wrong here,” the witness told her boyfriend as she said they left Heuermann’s house, leaving behind Vergata, who ran out of the home naked, according to Ray. The boyfriend reportedly told the witness, “Don’t worry, they’re just playing a game. Leave it.

JFK? Iam confused because there is an Ocean Ave in Ronkonkoma.

Apologies. I must have used the wrong airport name, but I thought it was JFK which was near-ish to that area.

ETA: Yes, to a non-New Yorker, JFK it near to Ocean Ave in Ronkonkoma.

Last edited:
? She was a sex worker. Quite common in NYC to do something like this with a sex worker. "Get in. We're going to a party."

Perhaps what madamx means is "did Heurermann already know her?" He may have observed and "screened" SW's he patronized to see which ones might be vulnerable enough to control. Serial killers have done similar screening before. Pedophiles also do it, sadly. Penn State's Jerry Sandusky preyed on kids from broken homes, serial killers have preyed on sex workers who have substance abuse problems, etc.

Also curious - why didn’t they name the NYPD narcotics cop who she was with or have him also write out an affidavit ? Or just even say that they contacted him and he had no comment. Are they trying to tell that cop they are on to him and know his identity. And could he even be a part of the task force and that is why this whole presser was separate and distinct from them. Which btw spoke volumes

I am still noodling what the end game of that presser was.

Seemingly good info for the investigation but imo not anything the public needed to know at this point.
The motive is either very simple or there is a twist somewhere.
-Rex frequented sex workers. A lot. Ok. Stands to reason he may have been with some of the other victims plus countless others.
-Asa may have been a swinger and known Rex had sex workers in the house. Ok.

No sure how you get to murder of anyone else from JRays info but good to know as you investigate.

The part from the cabbie/banker about Rex in camo and she drives him to the woods and hears two gun shots - when and where?

JMO
Maybe it was not a real Detective but someone impersonating a Detective?

I think we can all agree there was some next level hanky panky going on out there. Some how this seamy kind of stuff rings true to me. multi partner hook ups in the suburbs, hookers, probably drugs and booze...not all prostitution takes place at a motel or in a car. not all prostitutes hook up with swingers for group sex but I assume some will or may end up in a situation they were not prepared for, going to someone's house without a pimp or anyone to look out for them. So scary. I bet Rex tied these girls up really bad and they could not move or get out of restraints...thus causing panic and crying.
I want to get to the absolute bottom of this case. Where there is smoke there is fire. Also I disagree with the FBI agent on NN last night, who thinks it's not likely this cab driver ran into Rex twice..There aren't that many cabs out there on the island driving late at night. I one hundred percent think he could even call and request her through the dispatcher or somehow find out who she was.

mOO

<snipped for focus>

Agree completely, Asa Ellerup is a victim, and not sure what John Ray's issue is with her, but he continues to go after her. I wonder if she could file a civil lawsuit against him for defamation of character. I hope we hear from her attorney soon to make it clear that she is a victim in this case and to strongly defend her against this guy's accusations.

John Ray's issue with her is that he's had multiple witnesses, one who has signed an affidavit and is willing to testify in court, who went to Heuermann's house and conversed with Asa Ellerup while she was there. It was during the "swinger's party". Another sex worker has said she was there on a different occasion and AE accused her of stealing her iron - the kind you iron clothes with. Bizarre. This witness has chosen not to sign an affidavit because she wants to keep her privacy. She left SW a long time ago, has a family, lives in another state.

Have you read the affidavits yet?

I think we can all agree there was some next level hanky panky going on out there. Some how this seamy kind of stuff rings true to me. multi partner hook ups in the suburbs, hookers, probably drugs and booze...not all prostitution takes place at a motel or in a car. not all prostitutes hook up with swingers for group sex but I assume some will or may end up in a situation they were not prepared for, going to someone's house without a pimp or anyone to look out for them. So scary. I bet Rex tied these girls up really bad and they could not move or get out of restraints...thus causing panic and crying.
I want to get to the absolute bottom of this case. Where there is smoke there is fire. Also I disagree with the FBI agent on NN last night, who thinks it's not likely this cab driver ran into Rex twice..There aren't that many cabs out there on the island driving late at night. I one hundred percent think he could even call and request her through the dispatcher or somehow find out who she was.

mOO

After reading the affidavits, I think he didn't always kill them in his home. He may have partied with them there or picked them up, then took them to one of the wooded areas (like Manorville) where he killed & dismembered them. The parties may have also occurred at other people's homes who were in his same swinger group.

JMO

John Ray's issue with her is that he's had multiple witnesses, one who has signed an affidavit and is willing to testify in court, who went to Heuermann's house and conversed with Asa Ellerup while she was there. It was during the "swinger's party". Another sex worker has said she was there on a different occasion and AE accused her of stealing her iron - the kind you iron clothes with. Bizarre. This witness has chosen not to sign an affidavit because she wants to keep her privacy. She left SW a long time ago, has a family, lives in another state.

Have you read the affidavits yet?

Unless the DA charges Asa with a crime, she continues to be a victim.

Maybe it was not a real Detective but someone impersonating a Detective?

At this point we don't know - but they must IMO
My thinking is that if the guy was this woman's boyfriend and she signed an affadavit saying he is LE then he is likely LE if you want to believe the rest of her statement which I do. They were actually the last two people known to see Karen Vergatta alive in February 1996 per her affadavit, naked outside Rex's house in front of the garage -so IMO its very important that they figure out who he is if they do not know. He seems to be integral to this woman's account of the evening and the investigation of who killed Karen. JMO

Unless the DA charges Asa with a crime, she continues to be a victim.
Agree @Sundog until we know otherwise she is a victim.

Being a swinger and knowing about the sex workers with your husband in your house, does not equal complicit to murder.

A guy I used to work with his father was LE. As a child/teenager he would regularly come home from school to his father upstairs with sex workers while the kids mother and the guys wife was at work.

Some women just look the other way and some women are swingers. Not for me to stand in judgement.

JMO

agreed @x_files
A whole dark underbelly that needs to be exposed no matter where that leads
" Good and Bad" traits are seemingly very entertwined thoughout LE and a lot of the players tasked with solving these vicious and senseless murders. Hopefully it is unravelling. There is right and wrong and then there is reality.
The true criminal/s are the murderer/s and whoever aided and abetted any cover up.
So many road blocks and twists and turns - it really is hard to know for sure who to trust
JMO

Yes, I agree and I hope everyone who helped cover it up is exposed.

Investigators from the Suffolk County Sheriff’s anti-trafficking unit are slated to interview female inmates at the Nassau County Correctional Facility Friday to gather information about possible encounters with alleged Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex A. Heuermann.

After completing interviews of about 60 female inmates at Nassau’s East Meadow facility, the investigators will go to Rikers Island to interview inmates there, said Vicki DiStefano, spokeswoman for Sheriff Errol Toulon Jr.

“We all know that our counties don’t have physical borders, and there is nothing stopping crimes from happening on one side or the other. For us, working with neighboring jurisdictions to interview incarcerated women was the logical next step for our human trafficking team to assist with the Gilgo murder investigation,” Toulon said, adding that his investigators are “specially trained” for these interviews.

After reading the affidavits, I think he didn't always kill them in his home. He may have partied with them there or picked them up, then took them to one of the wooded areas (like Manorville) where he killed & dismembered them. The parties may have also occurred at other people's homes who were in his same swinger group.

JMO

I think he builds their trust first in some cases.

A little history about the Trapeze Club
The couples-only sex club that opened in 1980 at 17 E. 27th St. and survived vice squads, the AIDS epidemic and the recession, was shuttered by NYC’s ruthless real estate market in June — after which the sex club generously gave away all of its not-so-gently used furniture and pillows to patrons.

The 4,300-square-foot space was bought and gutted by Centaur Properties, who found some swinging souvenirs inside.
We’re told they uncovered a huge hot tub out back, which the club had been ordered to fill with cement after Rudy Giuliani became mayor.

It opened in 1980, at 17E. 27th St. and closed in June 2017. The article notes how the club survived vice squads, among other things. Not surprising, if the affidavit is accurate. Mayor Rudy Giuliani wanted the hot tub filled with cement after it closed.

Maybe, unknown to the witness, everything was planned by her former Narcotics cop boyfriend and RH. Maybe it was the boyfriend who lied about seeing the ad for the swingers party. And maybe had arranged to collect KV, making out it was random?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee