Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this new affidavit has certainly got my hinky meter up as to exactly what might AE known and for long? The house just was not that big, unless she wasn't there at the time. The woman says that she saw AE there. I just don't know.

I know that I would be aware if there are swinger parties or SW in my home period, especially if I was at home, but that is the relationship I have with my hubs.

MOO
the former swinger story is chilling.

I think about how she must feel. Her actions were understandable, but she must be ashamed of not doing something differently. I see how it happens that one might defer to their detective bf to make a judgement call. But I also see how much she must regret it.

I wonder if that same kind of feeling haunts AE. Maybe she make understandable but regrettable decisions, too.

MOO

I think about how she must feel. Her actions were understandable, but she must be ashamed of not doing something differently. I see how it happens that one might defer to their detective bf to make a judgement call. But I also see how much she must regret it.

I wonder if that same kind of feeling haunts AE. Maybe she make understandable but regrettable decisions, too.

MOO
And maybe she didn't have much choice.

Jmo

MOO
My assumption is that, at the time, the witness didn't want to strand a young woman somewhere in Long Island. That alone is not cool and I'm sure she remembered it because of being uncomfortable leaving a fellow woman. She could imagine what a difficulty it would be for Vergata to get back to the city, perhaps after an unpleasant "game" with RH. But, the witness might have also thought Vergata would have money provided for the train ticket and maybe a ride to the station.

I'm assuming she didn't think Vergata would be murdered.

jmo

Last edited:
I'm assumption is that, at the time, the witness didn't want to strand a young woman somewhere in Long Island. That alone is not cool and I'm sure she remembered it because of being uncomfortable leaving a fellow woman. She could imagine what a difficulty it would be for Vergata to get back to the city, perhaps after an unpleasant "game" with RH. But, the witness might have also thought Vergata would have money provided for the train ticket and maybe a ride to the station.

I'm assuming she didn't think Vergata would be murdered.

jmo
Of course. I agree that what the witness is saying, and it's credible to me, that it felt awkward then, but she trusted her detective BF's judgment. That was her reassurance that it was not harmful, it was a game. If her BF never seemed like a harmful person, his reassurance would be weighed more heavily in that moment than Vergatas face expression and actions.

She probably nearly forgot it, filing it deep in her brain, it all came back to her mind with the arrest of Rex and the ID of Karen Vergata.

MOO

Of course. I agree that what the witness is saying, and it's credible to me, that it felt awkward then, but she trusted her detective BF's judgment. That was her reassurance that it was not harmful, it was a game. If her BF never seemed like a harmful person, his reassurance would be weighed more heavily in that moment than Vergatas face expression and actions.

She probably nearly forgot it, filing it deep in her brain, it all came back to her mind with the arrest of Rex and the ID of Karen Vergata.

MOO
I agree. The witness likely did forget the night over the decades, but the memory wasn't completely gone. Who remembers every encounter decades later? It's just not worth the energy, most of the time, and life moves on.

But, it would be a night that could be recalled with a trigger because it was indeed memorable:

* traveling from the city to Long Island to party/swap

*picking up a homeless hungry woman who needed a shower. That is so incongruent to a pleasant sexual escapade, imo. Isn't not appealing to many, imo, to have sex with someone dirty picked up off the streets (yes, I'm aware some might find that appealing, but I'm thinking the witness did not or she wouldn't remember the dirty/hungry part).

* going all the way to Long Island and then being rebuffed by AE. Even if the "rejection" was mutual, people remember rejection. That is significant, imo, in sealing the memory even in the recesses of the mind.

* leaving poor Vergata is, of course, memorable .

I'm thankful the witness saw Vergata's photo and made the call to tell her story. It's like she had a golden key to unlock a mystery and didn't know it.

Honestly, I think AE's apparent rejection of the witness is significant because it kept the memory from completely disappearing. My opinion only.

jmopinion

It opened in 1980, at 17E. 27th St. and closed in June 2017. The article notes how the club survived vice squads, among other things. Not surprising, if the affidavit is accurate. Mayor Rudy Giuliani wanted the hot tub filled with cement after it closed.
bbm

:eek::oops: My mind is wandering immediately ...... Anyone missing in June/July 2017??

OMG, I didn't even think of that.

jmo
My mind did go there- especially since RG was friends with Brewer’s accused sex offender priest neighbor. Placa was RG’s friend and employee, Alan Placa.

OMG, I didn't even think of that.

jmo
My mind did go there- especially since RG was friends with Brewer’s accused sex offender priest neighbor. Placa was RG’s friend and employee, Alan Placa.

My mind keeps wandering back to the press conference with Rodney Harrison standing beside John Ray . . . From the beginning we knew Harrison's term was limited as the man who appointed him could not run for re-election because of term limits. A local has told us in this thread that the person leading in the political race isn't likely to re-appoint Harrison . . . . so, I wonder: Was the press conference the signal of a possible new partnership in solving all the mysteries of LISK? Rodney Harrison and John Ray would make a formidable team.

Some people do know where the bodies are buried.

It is always staggering to me, when we encounter the likes of the LISK, that there's all kinds of depravity out there. It's like being horrified to encounter a beady-eyed, disease-laden rat in the dark, only to turn the light on, scattering an army of them.

Sad, sad, painful truth. The LISK isn't the first SK and he won't be the last.

jmo

I'm still not ready to accuse AE of anything. But about that attorney....

you're right. AE herself said her attorney told her anything she says could incriminate her, so she should stay silent. wtf? Why not advise her to give all information to the attorney, let the attorney evaluate the legal ramifications, then have your attorney negotiate with LE so you can safely say what you know, if any of it implicates you?

I do have confidence that LE has eyes on AE, and they know if she's a threat to society or not, and will arrest her if ever needed for public safety. I think shes either not a murderer, or, less likely, she is a murder-helper that LE hopes to learn from it by watching her next actions. But her attorney seems like he's trying to prevent LE from learning anything. His first statements were about no talking between spouses about the case.

MOO
In addition to Macedonio's history, I always found it fagaze that a criminal defense attorney was representing AE in a divorce. Wasn't it also uncovered that he was somewhat a family friend, and represented Rex in some of his other court cases? I know I read it here, but can't find it. I really don't think Macedonio is acting in the best interest of AE. Something just doesn't sit right with me. MOO

My mind keeps wandering back to the press conference with Rodney Harrison standing beside John Ray . . . From the beginning we knew Harrison's term was limited as the man who appointed him could not run for re-election because of term limits. A local has told us in this thread that the person leading in the political race isn't likely to re-appoint Harrison . . . . so, I wonder: Was the press conference the signal of a possible new partnership in solving all the mysteries of LISK? Rodney Harrison and John Ray would make a formidable team.
Perhaps. I think Harrison was at the press conference to lend credibility so the public would demand the investigation continue, no matter who wins the next election. imo

jmo

Some people do know where the bodies are buried.

It is always staggering to me, when we encounter the likes of the LISK, that there's all kinds of depravity out there. It's like being horrified to encounter a beady-eyed, disease-laden rat in the dark, only to turn the light on, scattering an army of them.

Sad, sad, painful truth. The LISK isn't the first SK and he won't be the last.

jmo
And it's not just the horror of a serial killer and the depravity....but it was elected officials and public servants who might be involved.

Gross abuse of power, with every definition of "gross" included.

jmo

Yes, this new affidavit has certainly got my hinky meter up as to exactly what might AE known and for long? The house just was not that big, unless she wasn't there at the time. The woman says that she saw AE there. I just don't know.

I know that I would be aware if there are swinger parties or SW in my home period, especially if I was at home, but that is the relationship I have with my hubs.

MOO

It's possible Asa and Rex's marriage was open or had an arrangement he could date or have sex workers over. The only thing that is confusing they had two children still living at home at the time. I'd think children especially teens would start asking a lot of questions. But then again I have friends who were raised with their parents throwing swinger orgies at their house and were used to naked people walking around.
It depends on their marriage was it open? were they both swingers together at one time? Was it a marriage of convenience?
Things only Rex and his wife would know.

Actually, 2 women saw AE there - the one who was in a swinger "couple with the NYPD detective, the other was a SW who Rex hired and took to his home. She's the one who said AE accused her of stealing her iron (?)

It's possible AE knew of and saw Rex's activity with swinger couples and SW's. She may have even been familiar with some of the LE who were invited there. If both of them were a swinging couple, as is alleged, she might not have cared if he brought sex workers home.

It's convenient to say she might not have known he was killing the sex workers, but the woman in the affidavit says they left the young, hungry, scared woman there when both Rex and Asa were in the home. I can't speculate beyond that, though.

SCPD had said very recently that they thought Karen Vergata's death was linked to Rex H, as well as that of Valerie Mack. They're planning to look into it, but someone needs to make certain the investigation doesn't die once Harrison leaves.

If married to ogre, can see that would have zero interest in who or what he is doing in the basement. Probably have a good idea, but refuse to know.
SW will tell you how common their work is, and people’s unusual arrangements and living styles. (If even a tiny fraction of Massapequa are swingers, it’s still a few dozen people. Same w SW)) Aware of situations where husbands have girls come to home and pretend it’s work colleague, personal trainer etc right in wife’s face. Probably part of the desire to dominate and humiliate.

I would hope Asa would talk to the police about all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadgett inspeccion