Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two totally different area. Ocean ave that they are talking about is Suffolk county. Exit 59 on the Long island expressway. Hook creek blvd and jfk are in queens. Far away from ocean ave in Suffolk county ny
That sure sounds possible, especially with the other bodies found there. There probably aren't many places where he could tramp around in the woods.

But is that the location he called the taxi to, or just where he wanted her to drive to?

I also have to give major credit to the taxi driver's dispatcher who it seems took control of the situation, called LE and started yelling at Rex H to get out of the car.

ETA: In the affadavit, the taxi driver says she was called to a little road off Ocean Ave, in Ronkonkoma. Actually, that's over near JFK. Any idea where that might have been? Is Ocean Ave also called Hook Creek Blvd? There are some streets off Ocean Ave that have areas of woods. She said he stepped out of some woods that were at the edge of a parking lot. Across the street there was a residence where people saw what was going on.

Knew a guy who moonlighted as cab driver by LIRR station. He was a writer looking for ideas and characters. The dispatch kept log of everything locations, phone numbers & fares. Driver kept little log on a clipboard. Drivers would know a lot of local gossip, who had what visitors, they made deliveries, who and where to buy stuff. Mostly regular long term drivers drivers with lot of regular customers. Constant radio contact with dispatch. You would not take one of these cabs to a murder.

It would be amazing to find out there is a former taxi service owner out there who kept all those records from years ago. I doubt it though, and most of the companies are long gone. I pass the All Island shack that has sat abandoned and boarded up for years now. They had some nice drivers.

Just a thought: one might not take one of these cabs to a murder but one might take the cabbie to their own murder... if the account from the driver/witness is true, Rex knew he could be linked with Shannan through this driver. He was using a fake name and was calling from a hotel that would eventually be court ordered to sell after the owners and employees were found to be running a human trafficking racket. allisland Large.jpeg

The affidavit didnt indicate thats why she was picked up. They said she was homeless and hungry
John Rays comments imply that the narcotics detective swinging boyfriend knew Karen Vergata and picked her up in particular. He said, "We don't know how he knew her" or something to that effect, "but he did and picked her up." I didnt go back for the exact words, but understood his statemenos to mean it wasn't like he picked Karen Vergata up at random on the street. I wonder if they picked her up near her home; they didn't say or imply this.

MOO

I agree. The witness likely did forget the night over the decades, but the memory wasn't completely gone. Who remembers every encounter decades later? It's just not worth the energy, most of the time, and life moves on.

But, it would be a night that could be recalled with a trigger because it was indeed memorable:

* traveling from the city to Long Island to party/swap

*picking up a homeless hungry woman who needed a shower. That is so incongruent to a pleasant sexual escapade, imo. Isn't not appealing to many, imo, to have sex with someone dirty picked up off the streets (yes, I'm aware some might find that appealing, but I'm thinking the witness did not or she wouldn't remember the dirty/hungry part).

* going all the way to Long Island and then being rebuffed by AE. Even if the "rejection" was mutual, people remember rejection. That is significant, imo, in sealing the memory even in the recesses of the mind.

* leaving poor Vergata is, of course, memorable .

I'm thankful the witness saw Vergata's photo and made the call to tell her story. It's like she had a golden key to unlock a mystery and didn't know it.

Honestly, I think AE's apparent rejection of the witness is significant because it kept the memory from completely disappearing. My opinion only.

jmopinion
Good point about the rejection, which also seemed racial. POC endure more micro aggressions than they can count, sometimes, but it does make the episode more memorable. Rejection and racism.

John Rays comments imply that the narcotics detective swinging boyfriend knew Karen Vergata and picked her up in particular. He said, "We don't know how he knew her" or something to that effect, "but he did and picked her up." I didnt go back for the exact words, but understood his statemenos to mean it wasn't like he picked Karen Vergata up at random on the street. I wonder if they picked her up near her home; they didn't say or imply this.

MOO
Makes you wonder if the detective boyfriend knew how far RH's games went . . .

previous question: Been wondering. Perhaps someone local can tell us: The judge on the Heuermann case -- is he elected or appointed? Specifically, is he up for election at the same time Harrison will likely lose his position?

Thanks. In this election?

Well... I'm glad you asked. Here is a little interesting detail:

Judge Timothy Mazzei is a former Town of Brookhaven councilman. Brookhaven has had *a ton* of corruption problems over the past 10-15+ years. The current town supervisor for Brookhaven is... Ed Romaine (R). Romaine, who is running for County Executive come November, if elected, will most likely replace Commissioner Rodney Harrison.

Make of that what you will.

Judge Timothy Mazzi was also Assistant District Attorney for Suffolk County... under Thomas Spota. Spota and Mazzei are former law partners. In fact, Mazzei, as ADA, was appointed to the Tankleff murders case - and refused to recuse himself when conflicts were exposed - I'll stop here because this might possibly be @hawkshaw 's wheelhouse, not mine.

Judges can be elected *or* appointed in NY. Mazzei ran unopposed back in 2014 when there were two seats open.

Last edited:
Well... I'm glad you asked. Here is a little interesting detail:

Judge Timothy Mazzei is a former Town of Brookhaven councilman. Brookhaven has had *a ton* of corruption problems over the past 10-15+ years. The current town supervisor for Brookhaven is... Ed Romaine (R). Romaine, who is running for County Executive come November, if elected, will most likely replace Commissioner Rodney Harrison.

Make of that what you will.

Judge Timothy Mazzi was also Assistant District Attorney for Suffolk County... under Thomas Spota. Spota and Mazzei are former law partners. In fact, Mazzei, as ADA, was appointed to the Tankleff murders case - and refused to recuse himself when conflicts were exposed - I'll stop here because this might possibly be @hawkshaw 's wheelhouse, not mine.

Judges can be elected *or* appointed in NY. Mazzei ran unopposed back in 2014 when there were two seats open.
Wow, the influential connections to the corrupt Spota and Burke, and to people involved with the legal system especially as it relates to drugs, p*rn*graphy and the sex trade seem endless. If Harrison is ousted, is there any hope that RH and anyone protecting him will ever be convicted?

Yes, and he said they were going for a long drive to the woods. I actually live in Manorville, and moved out here because of how quiet and desolate it is. I literally live in the middle of the woods. Two of the victims' torsos were found in Manorville, Valerie Mack and Jessica Taylor. They are not officially listed as RH's victims, but their other body parts were found in Gilgo, and are associated with the Gilgo case.

Many other bodies have been found in Manorville over the years. Do a virtual walk through on google maps street view, and you will see just how perfect it is to hide bodies. For years I have been researching the Manorville connection to LISK. For someone to dump these bodies where they have been found, they had to have been familiar with the area. Hunter, law enforcement, etc. came to mind even back then.
Yes I have thought the same thing about the areas the bodies have all been dumped in. What always stuck me was that the bodies have always been found in public parkland.

Gilgo Beach is a state park run by Suffolk county.
Manorville torso’s were in county parkland. Karen’s legs were found on Fire island on parkland.
Peaches torso was found in Hempstead State Park.
Lattingtown and Muttontown jane does were also preserves which are public parkland.

I have often wondered if there are connections to someone working in or along with the parks department. Someone with knowledge of all those parks.

Long Island is covered with open spaces woods etc especially Suffolk county . Yet all of these bodies have been found in public parklands.

Last edited:
Yes I have thought the same thing about the areas the bodies have all been dumped in. What always stuck me was that the bodies have always been found in public parkland.

Manorville torso’s were in county parkland. Karen’s legs were found on Fire island on parkland.
Lattingtown and Muttontown jane does were also preserves which are public parkland.

I have often wondered if there are connections to someone working in or along with the parks department. Someone with knowledge of all those parks.

Long Island is covered with open spaces woods etc especially Suffolk county . Yet all of these bodies have been found in public parklands.

and to think Rex most likely has access to buildings to bury bodies in cement. I'm curious if he ever buried a few on lots BEFORE a building went up.

Or....bodies on private property still remain hidden?

idk

jmo

the witness swore to this under perjury. youre not recalling it doesn't erase her sworn statement, of course. I know you know that. witnesses, like jackets and recordings of 911 tapes, have been lost.
The original poster was referring to SG locking herself in JB's bathroom, not the situation with the cab driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x