Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
there is a scene out east....I knew someone who used to hit those sex clubs in Manhattan in the 80's. these people are sexually very jaded and into some sick stuff. they get addicted to it. None of this stuff surprises me...
but it is sad and depressing to me that all this stuff went on around the children of these people...in their home which is supposed to be a safe place. I don't judge people, but honestly there is no such thing as wholesome swinging..it's seamy and dangerous ...

mOO

Inviting strangers into your house for sex parties involving drugs is dangerous on its own then add innocent children to the mix. Not good.

It's very clear John Ray had good reason to hold that press conference the other day. These connections show how close this case could be derailed in court.

Why is Macedonio representing AE? Can any locals shed light on that?

Can Gov. Hochul and Letitia James be of any help in finishing the investigation?

It's likely that AE's attorney was referred to her by the attorney for RH. RH's attorney was a former law partner with Macedonio, so it would be understandable that he would refer AE to his colleague when it became clear right away that she needed her own attorney and that RH's attorney couldn't help her because of conflict of interest.

Don't see anything nefarious here, just the usual referral to a colleague you know well. Lawyers, doctors, do this all the time.

Yes I do know that - but to me and this is only my opinion after I started reading the depositions of those on oak beach and I always felt Shannan Gilbert’s death was an accident do to a drug induced psychosis but when Rex Heurmann was caught that when I started to suspect that Shannan Might not actually be a victim of Rex but definitely someone in that gated community of oak beach. But not with the new press conference that just came out with those two witnesses statements. That blew my mind and now I am starting to think this was a very big scandal that most likely a lot of people new about.. I mean we have so many shady people who are involved with this case and I am also starting to think<modsnip - not victim friendly> This is just my thoughts.
Yes, there is no reason to eliminate the possibility of any people close to RH or any of his associates/acquaintances as a possible accessory to the crimes with which he has been indicted/charged.

Last edited:
Totally conjecture about AE. The "witness" isn't part of the investigation by LE, and hasn't been cross-examined to determine credibility.

AE continues to be a victim.
Agree
According to Rodney Harrison in the interview posted upthread and reposted here - the 4 witness statements will be investigated and if found to be credible they will go from there.
As of right now nothing in those statements from the four witnesses that came forward to JRay has been verified.
So yes Asa is def still a victim.
So interesting to me that so many want to believe anything and everything “bad” about her. I am not sure what the rush is to trash her. If her status changes and it’s warranted there will be plenty of time

Rodney also indicated imo that he stood by John Ray in the press conference to signal to the public that he wants as much info and as many tips through whatever channel the informants wants to deliver it. That all tips are going to be investigated by the task force but if someone is not comfortable submitting tips directly to the task force they should use whatever channels they are comfortable with.
He was not standing by JRay to indicate that the information JRay was delivering was credible.
And he also seemed to acknowledge that he knew the identity of RW- the narcotics LE guy mentioned in the statement about driving out to the Island to Rex’s with Karen
to “swing”.
JMO

BINGO! THANK YOU!
Most of the sex parties involve street drugs so there's an element of danger and criminal behavior.

I wonder how many people who hung out at Trapeze back in the day were shocked to see Rex. H's photo when he was arrested for murdering the Gilgo Beach 4? Those people probably aren't going to talk, and I can't blame them, but there must have been a lot of people who never realized they were "swinging" with a serial killer.

It's likely that AE's attorney was referred to her by the attorney for RH. RH's attorney was a former law partner with Macedonio, so it would be understandable that he would refer AE to his colleague when it became clear right away that she needed her own attorney and that RH's attorney couldn't help her because of conflict of interest.

Don't see anything nefarious here, just the usual referral to a colleague you know well. Lawyers, doctors, do this all the time.

Yes, it's all interconnected - the linked attorney friends who are prosecuting Rex and defending his children and wife. At least the attorney representing the victims isn't part of the "inside circle" of friends.

I wonder how many people who hung out at Trapeze back in the day were shocked to see Rex. H's photo when he was arrested for murdering the Gilgo Beach 4? Those people probably aren't going to talk, and I can't blame them, but there must have been a lot of people who never realized they were "swinging" with a serial killer.

If we could only hear the gossip in NY right now!
I'm sure plenty of folks crossed his path and feared discussing it with their friends or family.
Many aren't gonna say a word.

Agree
According to Rodney Harrison in the interview posted upthread and reposted here - the 4 witness statements will be investigated and if found to be credible they will go from there.
As of right now nothing in those statements from the four witnesses that came forward to JRay has been verified.
So yes Asa is def still a victim.
So interesting to me that so many want to believe anything and everything “bad” about her. I am not sure what the rush is to trash her. If her status changes and it’s warranted there will be plenty of time

Rodney also indicated imo that he stood by John Ray in the press conference to signal to the public that he wants as much info and as many tips through whatever channel the informants wants to deliver it. That all tips are going to be investigated by the task force but if someone is not comfortable submitting tips directly to the task force they should use whatever channels they are comfortable with.
He was not standing by JRay to indicate that the information JRay was delivering was credible.
And he also seemed to acknowledge that he knew the identity of RW- the narcotics LE guy mentioned in the statement about driving out to the Island to Rex’s with Karen
to “swing”.
JMO
I have yet to encounter a single poster here that wants to believe anything bad about AE or anyone else.

The most helpful posters want to make sense of known information, or identify other areas to look for clues.

The less helpful want to divide posters into white and black hats,

But I have yet to encounter a poster who "wants" to believe bad stuff. It's more that people are able to believe credible stuff.

MOO

If she is AWARE her husband is guilty I would hope she's talk!
100%! But it really doesn't matter if she is aware of his guilt or not.

Asa would not be privy to what LE knows and does not know, and would not have any idea what tidbits of information could help them build a case against her husband, weaken the case against her husband, or identify another suspect. Therefore she would never know unless she made herself available if she could help their investigation or not.

It's rather strange to me that anyone would think she could not be helpful just because she's not a suspect.

Rex is presumed innocent, but the info given when LE argued for keeping him in custody made it clear to me that he belongs in jail. I get not throwing your husband under the bus, but I also get wanting a very credibly charged serial murderer to face the music. "It is what it is," means to me that it is understood that the facts have to be dealt with. I was under the impression that no matter how unpleasant it may have been, Asa understood the arrest. It's a very different statement from, "There must be some kind of mistake." She lived with the accused. Of course she would have helpful information. She just might not know what information she holds is helpful.

One thing that came to my mind, if Rex is the wrong guy or not the only guy, but the lifestyle stories are true, Asa and/or Rex might have very helpful leads for new suspects.

MOO

100%! But it really doesn't matter if she is aware of his guilt or not.

Asa would not be privy to what LE knows and does not know, and would not have any idea what tidbits of information could help them build a case against her husband, weaken the case against her husband, or identify another suspect. Therefore she would never know unless she made herself available if she could help their investigation or not.

It's rather strange to me that anyone would think she could not be helpful just because she's not a suspect.

Rex is presumed innocent, but the info given when LE argued for keeping him in custody made it clear to me that he belongs in jail. I get not throwing your husband under the bus, but I also get wanting a very credibly charged serial murderer to face the music. "It is what it is," means to me that it is understood that the facts have to be dealt with. I was under the impression that no matter how unpleasant it may have been, Asa understood the arrest. It's a very different statement from, "There must be some kind of mistake." She lived with the accused. Of course she would have helpful information. She just might not know what information she holds is helpful.

One thing that came to my mind, if Rex is the wrong guy or not the only guy, but the lifestyle stories are true, Asa and/or Rex might have very helpful leads for new suspects.

MOO
Absolutely!

What I find credible is Harrison was at the press conference.

But, I think you bring up great points.

The photo of Karen released last summer was not current to the time she went missing - was she identifiable to a one-night friend by an old photo? It was mentioned in the news that Karen was last heard from on Valentine's Day. I recall seeing photos of the Heurermann living room with a Christmas tree. A belt has been in the news. LE involvement in the case has been long speculated. I recall a neighbor of Heurermann mentioning he once saw Rex start a fire in the middle of the night. Karen running outside a house reminds me of known info about Gilbert. The basement has been in the news. Rex's place of employment in midtown is known info.

Her info could have been gleaned by paying attention to the news coverage. ?

Yeah, I would be skeptical....but would Harrison be at the press conference if the witness wasn't legit? Idk!

jmo

And this is exactly why I am flabbergasted that Harrison agreed to do this press conference. By his own admission, LE hasn't vetted the information these witnesses have brought forward, and yet here is the SCPC standing there, appearing to lend credibility to these accounts. There was absolutely no benefit to the investigation by doing this presser, and there is everything to lose in terms of Harrison's reputation should any of this info turn out to be mistaken, unverifiable, or straight up BS.

JMO

And this is exactly why I am flabbergasted that Harrison agreed to do this press conference. By his own admission, LE hasn't vetted the information these witnesses have brought forward, and yet here is the SCPC standing there, appearing to lend credibility to these accounts. There was absolutely no benefit to the investigation by doing this presser, and there is everything to lose in terms of Harrison's reputation should any of this info turn out to be mistaken, unverifiable, or straight up BS.

JMO
Maybe effort on Harrison/LE to send message to public that police will consider all witnesses / evidence. If Harrison stands there, he doesn’t need to have his own presser to “address” Mr Ray statements and criticisms. Ray doesn’t get to criticize LE if they are in the room, Harrison giving appearance of being all on the same team by just standing there.

Maybe effort on Harrison/LE to send message to public that police will consider all witnesses / evidence. If Harrison stands there, he doesn’t need to have his own presser to “address” Mr Ray statements and criticisms. Ray doesn’t get to criticize LE if they are in the room, Harrison giving appearance of being all on the same team by just standing there.
Indeed. Saying, "We need YOUR information" no matter who, no matter where. Give LE the info and let us decide if it's relevant. Harrison has perhaps realized that the Heuermann reach has gone into thousands and thousands of lives and memory banks -- perhaps in areas LE would never even think to investigate otherwise. To be able to thoroughly investigate, LE needs those memories. Please, just tell SOMEONE.

Indeed. Saying, "We need YOUR information" no matter who, no matter where. Give LE the info and let us decide if it's relevant. Harrison has perhaps realized that the Heuermann reach has gone into thousands and thousands of lives and memory banks -- perhaps in areas LE would never even think to investigate otherwise. To be able to thoroughly investigate, LE needs those memories. Please, just tell SOMEONE.
Agree. That is exactly what Rodney pointed out in his interview with Joe. Hopefully it has the desired effect and people come forward. Fingers crossed
JMO

JMO

Harrison isn't going to reveal anything about their investigation to the public at this time. He has met with one of the witnesses, he will meet with the others. LE had already begun investigating the connections to one of the murders over a week ago. Harrison was probably there to let the public know that they feel the leads from these women are worth investigating and to encourage others to come forward, whether to LE or to JR.

Harrison was also using the opportunity to let the public know that they are actively investigating the connections between Rex H and the other victims. Some of those victims haven't been identified yet so Harrison really needed to reassure the public that they would finally get around to doing DNA analysis and genetic genealogy on those victims, too.

John Ray has kept these victims in the spotlight and I'm sure Harrison appreciates that.

JMO
I don't want to argue, but I cannot understand your point of view at all.

I don't think Harrison "admitted" to what you said. He just acknowledged that LE is keeping an open mind about this and all information relevant to the investigation.

John Ray was able to get these witnesses; LE was not and even ignored one of them when she attempted to report through crime stoppers. Harrison had 2 choices: ignore the information and let it be "only" per John Ray, or accept the information and improve it by witnessing some of the depositions. This adds a lot of value, because Ray is not in LE/prosecution. Harrison could participate in getting the most useful information from a LE/prosecutor POV. In addition, Harrison as an extremely respected professional who represents LE shows potential witnesses that LE means it (now, if not previously) when they say they want tips.

I'm unable to identify a single thing to lose with Harrison's support of the witnesses that approached John Ray.

But his not supporting these witnesses working with John Ray could mean their information was not as useful to LE because nobody was there from LE to make sure the needed questions were asked. Those witnesses had really potent information. The information could only be made better with Harrison partnering up with Ray.

MOO

Edited to add: it is baseless to claim the info might be straight up BS. The information was vetted by Ray and Harrison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x