Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to argue, but I cannot understand your point of view at all.

I don't think Harrison "admitted" to what you said. He just acknowledged that LE is keeping an open mind about this and all information relevant to the investigation.

John Ray was able to get these witnesses; LE was not and even ignored one of them when she attempted to report through crime stoppers. Harrison had 2 choices: ignore the information and let it be "only" per John Ray, or accept the information and improve it by witnessing some of the depositions. This adds a lot of value, because Ray is not in LE/prosecution. Harrison could participate in getting the most useful information from a LE/prosecutor POV. In addition, Harrison as an extremely respected professional who represents LE shows potential witnesses that LE means it (now, if not previously) when they say they want tips.

I'm unable to identify a single thing to lose with Harrison's support of the witnesses that approached John Ray.

But his not supporting these witnesses working with John Ray could mean their information was not as useful to LE because nobody was there from LE to make sure the needed questions were asked. Those witnesses had really potent information. The information could only be made better with Harrison partnering up with Ray.

MOO

Edited to add: it is baseless to claim the info might be straight up BS. The information was vetted by Ray and Harrison.
To me, the conflict shows up because of Tierney's office statement. It makes it seem like the different members of the task force are going in different directions and don't trust each other. Of course, I hope it is not true.

I also understand why John Ray wants the affidavits publicly discussed since this investigation has been polluted by corruption and dissmisal from the beginning.

I don't want to argue, but I cannot understand your point of view at all.

I don't think Harrison "admitted" to what you said. He just acknowledged that LE is keeping an open mind about this and all information relevant to the investigation.

John Ray was able to get these witnesses; LE was not and even ignored one of them when she attempted to report through crime stoppers. Harrison had 2 choices: ignore the information and let it be "only" per John Ray, or accept the information and improve it by witnessing some of the depositions. This adds a lot of value, because Ray is not in LE/prosecution. Harrison could participate in getting the most useful information from a LE/prosecutor POV. In addition, Harrison as an extremely respected professional who represents LE shows potential witnesses that LE means it (now, if not previously) when they say they want tips.

I'm unable to identify a single thing to lose with Harrison's support of the witnesses that approached John Ray.

But his not supporting these witnesses working with John Ray could mean their information was not as useful to LE because nobody was there from LE to make sure the needed questions were asked. Those witnesses had really potent information. The information could only be made better with Harrison partnering up with Ray.

MOO

Edited to add: it is baseless to claim the info might be straight up BS. The information was vetted by Ray and Harrison.
100% in agreement…well said.

The information I would be most interested in regarding Shannan learning is how Peter Hackett is involved that night when Shannan was last heard from. How on earth did he have her mom's phone number? Did Shannan stay at his house for some period? What PH at Joe Brewer's home and took her phone to get the number at some point? Flabbergasting.

I know he's been cleared, but I have been listening again to old episodes of podcasts and the reactions of Brit and Ashley are right on. Who the heck is PH in SG's story?
SERIAL KILLER: L.I.S.K. | Crime Junkie Podcast

It makes it seem like the different members of the task force are going in different directions and don't trust each other. Of course, I hope it is not true.
Harrison addressed the different perspectives on the podcast with Joe Giaclone. Harrison considers it simply a difference of opinion, common with work colleagues.
10/24/2023 I really like Harrison's way of giving credit to everyone else. And that's everytime I've heard him speak. Not everyone is that generous with the credit.

I also don't want to argue. John Ray is a private attorney with a vested interest in this case. If others here don't agree that the SCPC shouldn't be standing next to him at a press conference discussing witness information that hasn't even been properly vetted by LE...well, I honestly don't know what to say to that. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

there is a scene out east....I knew someone who used to hit those sex clubs in Manhattan in the 80's. these people are sexually very jaded and into some sick stuff. they get addicted to it. None of this stuff surprises me...
but it is sad and depressing to me that all this stuff went on around the children of these people...in their home which is supposed to be a safe place. I don't judge people, but honestly there is no such thing as wholesome swinging..it's seamy and dangerous ...

mOO
Not just out East….I know someone that is heavy into the scene….one of the main organizers of the events they attend is a cop. The people that dabble in that lifestyle are as seemingly average in almost every way. Most hold very normal jobs and live a strait laced lifestyle on the 9-5 circuit. Western Suffolk is a hotbed of swinger activity.

if you want an earful/eyeful read the Peter Hackett depositions. jaw dropping..I think there is a thread??? sorry can't remember! mOO
Maybe this thread?

The information I would be most interested in regarding Shannan learning is how Peter Hackett is involved that night when Shannan was last heard from. How on earth did he have her mom's phone number? Did Shannan stay at his house for some period? What PH at Joe Brewer's home and took her phone to get the number at some point? Flabbergasting.

I know he's been cleared, but I have been listening again to old episodes of podcasts and the reactions of Brit and Ashley are right on. Who the heck is PH in SG's story?
Sorry I can’t easy remember where I got the following info online but also just found most on Oxygen summary - I had same questions as you about PH. It said:
-PH got SG mom number from SG boyfriend who went to Oak Beach to search. Says he BF asked him to call Mari but PH says didn’t say what Mari claims he said.
-PH a police radio type of guy listening to all emergencies in his area. He had previously inserted himself into some events and exaggerated his involvement to get hero-type attention. A plane crash in area, spoke to press exaggerated his involvement and being hero and was caught in this lie. Known to police for this type of behavior.
-On night of SG, his wife and daughter home as alibi. Apparently all slept thru it & she didn’t bang on his door but his family spoke to police later that morning.
Apparently very unlucky man

I also don't want to argue. John Ray is a private attorney with a vested interest in this case. If others here don't agree that the SCPC shouldn't be standing next to him at a press conference discussing witness information that hasn't even been properly vetted by LE...well, I honestly don't know what to say to that. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
I got that. But when we have to choose between getting information with the private attorney taint (which is real- I am a huge Ray fan, but in spite of his commitment to ethics, he is on a side and tainted) mitigated by Harrison or not mitigated by Harrison, I'll take mitigated every time.

We can agree to agree on this: a private attorney representing victims is not ideal as a primary investigator.

But it's what we have, and I am very thankful, because the ideal institution for investigating has dropped it or worse.

MOO

Peter Hackett also has a prosthetic leg, I’m guessing not the Oscar Pistorius blade runner type as they say he would not be able to chase SG through swamp, reeds & tough terrain. They say he has pronounced limp. Also claim he has a heart problems & pacemaker.

Dr. Peter Hackett has admitted treating Shannan that night in his home. He claims he got Mari's (Shannan's mother) phone number from Shannan's boyfriend when the boyfriend came out to Oak Beach with Michael Pak, looking for Shannan. I believe the boyfriend's name is Alex Diaz, and had previously broken Shannan's jaw in a domestic dispute!

I find it somewhat incredulous that Pak and Diaz would just randomly locate Hackett in their visit to Oak Beach, and ask Hackett to call Mari. At least Pak must have had some interaction with Hackett previously in my opinion.

And this is exactly why I am flabbergasted that Harrison agreed to do this press conference. By his own admission, LE hasn't vetted the information these witnesses have brought forward, and yet here is the SCPC standing there, appearing to lend credibility to these accounts. There was absolutely no benefit to the investigation by doing this presser, and there is everything to lose in terms of Harrison's reputation should any of this info turn out to be mistaken, unverifiable, or straight up BS.

JMO

Well said.

Peter Hackett also has a prosthetic leg, I’m guessing not the Oscar Pistorius blade runner type as they say he would not be able to chase SG through swamp, reeds & tough terrain. They say he has pronounced limp. Also claim he has a heart problems & pacemaker.
He's lying about something. I don't think that your skepticism that the scenario above as a viable theory means we stop exploring Peter Hack's behavior.

Also, we have no idea how Shannan got to where she was found, and if she got there alive or dead.

The theory that she was chased to death does not hold as a complete story to me either, by Hackett or anyone, because her pants and shoes were off. Tight jeans don't come off during a chase.

MOO

Maybe effort on Harrison/LE to send message to public that police will consider all witnesses / evidence. If Harrison stands there, he doesn’t need to have his own presser to “address” Mr Ray statements and criticisms. Ray doesn’t get to criticize LE if they are in the room, Harrison giving appearance of being all on the same team by just standing there.
Yes, it mitigates the issue Kat highlighted.

What a surprise... not!

Still wish I knew who is paying for this not-a-felon-thanks - to-Spota. It feels to me, in my opinion, which in no way is as relevant as AE's opinion about this, that this man is really representing the people who wanted to bury this investigation.

MOO

Oh yeah - this is just absolutely crazy stuff - I've decided (for myself) the most parsimonious solution is that Peter Hackett is somehow weird - meaning that he was either 1) involved and/or 2) has an uncanny ability to somehow find out everything about everybody and enjoys surprising or evoking strong emotions in people. Kind of like RH, really, from some statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3