Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah - this is just absolutely crazy stuff - I've decided (for myself) the most parsimonious solution is that Peter Hackett is somehow weird - meaning that he was either 1) involved and/or 2) has an uncanny ability to somehow find out everything about everybody and enjoys surprising or evoking strong emotions in people. Kind of like RH, really, from some statements.
The picture forming in my mind is a "swinging-hunting" party in which a (perhaps naked) SW is turned loose in an area, given a "head start", then "hunted". It could be a group or solitary sport. I can't help wondering how many SW vanished without ever being missed or reported.

edited to reference:Richard Connell’s short story "The Most Dangerous Game" created the now-common trope in which humans are hunted by other humans for sport. It is one of the most influential and adapted short stories of all time, having gone through countless iterations in both film and television since its initial release in 1924. The Continuing Appeal of Richard Connell’s ‘The Most Dangerous Game’

also additional thoughts: if guns were ever used, that might explain the dismemberment ("field dressing" and the removal of a bullet as the killer(s) was aware of ballistics)

The depravity we are seeing in some of the "characters" involved in this story leads me to speculate that a person(s) deciding to see what fun it might be to hunt humans cannot be ruled out.

Last edited:
The picture forming in my mind is a "swinging-hunting" party in which a (perhaps naked) SW is turned loose in an area, given a "head start", then "hunted". It could be a group or solitary sport. I can't help wondering how many SW vanished without ever being missed or reported.

it sounds crazy but, it has happened before...maybe not in a group...but, one thing is clear to me..it is about 85 % probable in my mind that someone is lying about events that took place...multiple points in this story do not add up. they need to go back to the very beginning...how she got booked out there? who was there at that location...how many men met Shannen that night? what happened in Brewers house that night? we already know PH lies his head off about the whole thing..

I really believe that a bunch of lies have been told from the get go. mOO

it sounds crazy but, it has happened before...maybe not in a group...but, one thing is clear to me..it is about 85 % probable in my mind that someone is lying about events that took place...multiple points in this story do not add up. they need to go back to the very beginning...how she got booked out there? who was there at that location...how many men met Shannen that night? what happened in Brewers house that night? we already know PH lies his head off about the whole thing..

I really believe that a bunch of lies have been told from the get go. mOO
I would think a solitary hunting trip happened more frequently. But we do have both Shannan Gilbert (no one seems to know how many were involved) and the swinger party with Karen Vergata, who seems to have been left alone with the Heuermann family, according to info at the press conference. From the things Shannan was saying, I'm curious to know if word of such parties might have been getting around on the SW circuit. IS there a SW circuit?

The information I would be most interested in regarding Shannan learning is how Peter Hackett is involved that night when Shannan was last heard from. How on earth did he have her mom's phone number? Did Shannan stay at his house for some period? What PH at Joe Brewer's home and took her phone to get the number at some point? Flabbergasting.

I know he's been cleared, but I have been listening again to old episodes of podcasts and the reactions of Brit and Ashley are right on. Who the heck is PH in SG's story?
SERIAL KILLER: L.I.S.K. | Crime Junkie Podcast

I'm not sure what he's been cleared of, but Suffolk PD are still claiming Shannan's death was accidental/no foul play. The second autopsy has already shown her death was definitely suspicious, so. JMO Hackett's involvement is still an open question.

I'm not sure what he's been cleared of, but Suffolk PD are still claiming Shannan's death was accidental/no foul play. The second autopsy has already shown her death was definitely suspicious, so. JMO Hackett's involvement is still an open question.
Lol, that is part of the absurdity that has gone on for over a decade!

Shannan, a person who was not in a position to call LE, does so anyway to say people are after her, then dies of "misadventure." Yeah, right.

How many sex workers call 911 for any reason? Now many people (any line of work) call 911 to say they are trying to kill me, then die by accident immediately afterwards?

How many drug addled or psychotic people are able to think of calling 911 to force people who are trying to harm her to not do so while the call is connected, beg people who are harming her for their lives (politely), convey to block-headed 911 dispatchers that they're in danger but do not know their location (politely), while necessarily screaming on the top of their lungs, running after pulling and all nighter, and banging on neighborhood doors all at the same time?

It is absurd to think Shannan in particular had had a break from reality, given her rationality recorded by the 911 dispatchers. But, if she were irrational, how often Is it that people who are drug addled or psychotic become immune to being murdered because of it?

How many police departments are forced to keep evidence close to their chest for a non-investigation? They never called Shannan's death a homicide, which seems obviously the case, did not investigate it per Harrison, yet would not release the 911 tapes because they were related to an investigation??! Yeah, right.

Then, how is it that persons who should have been detained the minute LE saw them, but were not, can run around saying they are "cleared." I don't know what that means. But whatever it means, how can you be cleared from involvement in a crime that was not acknowledged to occur?

I am cautiously optimistic that this gaslighting, disrespectful to Shannan, and far from offering the community protection and service will stop, and a robust murder investigation will move full speed ahead. I hope the progress continues even if there are personnel changes. Because I cant deal with the lying anymore, and I'm not even from a victims family. I can't even imagine how this has been for them.

I want to offer gratitude, stranger to stranger, to everyone named and anonymous who has come forward. In general, helpful witnesses have had some of their most personal experiences, which the whole world should not need to know, brought out for the sake of justice. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

MOO

I would think a solitary hunting trip happened more frequently. But we do have both Shannan Gilbert (no one seems to know how many were involved) and the swinger party with Karen Vergata, who seems to have been left alone with the Heuermann family, according to info at the press conference. From the things Shannan was saying, I'm curious to know if word of such parties might have been getting around on the SW circuit. IS there a SW circuit?
It is very disturbing that it seems this witness is revealing that the detective knew something bad was happening to the woman who was probably Karen Vergata.

Just like with Shannan, it's not one killer working alone.

MOO

I don’t think that Dr Baden said “definitely” - “could be consistent” & “potential cause” is not definitive. Careful misuse of wording gets a salacious headlines and opportunities to continue to appear in media as “fighting for” Justice.

“An autopsy proved inconclusive as far as Shannan Gilbert's cause of death. A private pathologist hired by the Gilbert family also found insufficient evidence to determine how she died. But the pathologist, the noted Michael Baden, who has been hired to do independent autopsies by George Floyd's family and others, did say Gilbert's remains showed signs that could be consistent with manual strangulation as a potential cause.”
Shannan’s body was exposed to Atlantic coast marsh conditions for 2 Summers, and one freezing Winter. Her remains were exposed to predation of mammals, birds, crabs, marsh creatures and insects, any of which could damage bones and/or cause the “drill” hole. Pathology test could not conclude presence of absence of drugs. Broken wing of hyoid not conclusive. Absence of “larynx” normal as it’s not bone. No one will ever prove, or disprove murder, hunting, accidental drowning from her remains …

In life, and death, SG has not gotten the care she needed (police, mental health, family & friends) and was and STILL used by others for attention, money, career spotlight (boyfriend, clients, JR, PH, media).

Last edited:
And isn’t it likely the case, that if deemed ‘accidental/no foul play’, it is unlikely to be further investigated? And then as we see on many other cases, evidence disappears, witnesses age, and it goes quiet or ‘cold’, etc….

It is probably up in these threads, but has the Shannan Gilbert case been ‘officially’ closed? Or is that known?

At best from what has been disclosed publicly, seems a coroner would only be able to conclude not determined or undetermined as to cause of death. And I thought that meant a case could not be officially closed? I could well be wrong.

As my ex used to say about some other things, perhaps some ‘pencil whipping’ could be at play?
MOO

I don’t think that Dr Baden said “definitely” - “could be consistent” & “potential cause” is not definitive. Careful misuse of wording gets a salacious headlines and opportunities to continue to appear in media as “fighting for” Justice.

“An autopsy proved inconclusive as far as Shannan Gilbert's cause of death. A private pathologist hired by the Gilbert family also found insufficient evidence to determine how she died. But the pathologist, the noted Michael Baden, who has been hired to do independent autopsies by George Floyd's family and others, did say Gilbert's remains showed signs that could be consistent with manual strangulation as a potential cause.”
Shannan’s body was exposed to Atlantic coast marsh conditions for 2 Summers, and one freezing Winter. Her remains were exposed to predation of mammals, birds, crabs, marsh creatures and insects, any of which could damage bones and/or cause the “drill” hole. Pathology test could not conclude presence of absence of drugs. Broken wing of hyoid not conclusive. Absence of “larynx” normal as it’s not bone. No one will ever prove, or disprove murder, hunting, accidental drowning from her remains …

In life, and death, SG has not gotten the care she needed (police, mental health, family & friends) and was and STILL used by others for attention, money, career spotlight (boyfriend, clients, JR, PH, media).
Yes. It's like everyone used Shannan.

it seems to me like she had a very generous spirit.

Sigh. We need more givers, like her.

And isn’t it likely the case, that if deemed ‘accidental/no foul play’, it is unlikely to be further investigated? And then as we see on many other cases, evidence disappears, witnesses age, and it goes quiet or ‘cold’, etc….

It is probably up in these threads, but has the Shannan Gilbert case been ‘officially’ closed? Or is that known?

At best from what has been disclosed publicly, seems a coroner would only be able to conclude not determined or undetermined as to cause of death. And I thought that meant a case could not be officially closed? I could well be wrong.

As my ex used to say about some other things, perhaps some ‘pencil whipping’ could be at play?
MOO
For many years the SCPD would not release the 911 tape, stating the case was open, and continuing investigation was underway, and release of the 911 tape would harm the investigation.

The SCPD has been trying to have it both ways, the case is open and active, the case is not being investigated as it was an accident.

The case needs a fresh start. IMO

Suffolk County Police Commissioner Rodney K. Harrison is resigning after a two-year stint as Suffolk’s top cop, a tenure that included the arrest of a suspect in the long-unsolved Gilgo Beach killings.Harrison, in a department email message, said he would tender his resignation to Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone Friday.A spokesperson for Bellone confirmed the veracity of the email…

It’s unclear when Harrison's last day on the job will be. Harrison did not immediately respond to a call and message to his cellphone Thursday night.

“Serving as the Suffolk County Police commissioner for the last two years was not only a privilege but one of the greatest highlights of my law enforcement career and that is because of you,” Harrison wrote in the department message. “I thank County Executive Bellone for this opportunity as it has been an honor serving the people of Suffolk County.”

Suffolk County Police Commissioner Rodney K. Harrison is resigning after a two-year stint as Suffolk’s top cop, a tenure that included the arrest of a suspect in the long-unsolved Gilgo Beach killings.Harrison, in a department email message, said he would tender his resignation to Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone Friday.A spokesperson for Bellone confirmed the veracity of the email…

It’s unclear when Harrison's last day on the job will be. Harrison did not immediately respond to a call and message to his cellphone Thursday night.

“Serving as the Suffolk County Police commissioner for the last two years was not only a privilege but one of the greatest highlights of my law enforcement career and that is because of you,” Harrison wrote in the department message. “I thank County Executive Bellone for this opportunity as it has been an honor serving the people of Suffolk County.”

I hope the cases aren't pushed aside.

Was this expected?

My gut reaction is that this is another blow to the case.

Harrison is resigning. Hot diggity dang... this isn't shocking at all. The writing was on the wall though, Romaine (R) was going to fire him when elected. I would have put money down on that.

SCPD and Heuermann are breathing sighs of relief tonight.

Harrison is resigning. Hot diggity dang... this isn't shocking at all. The writing was on the wall though, Romaine (R) was going to fire him when elected. I would have put money down on that.

SCPD and Heuermann are breathing sighs of relief tonight.
Yes, Harrison is a man of dignity and he went out while he was in control of the situation. I feel as though Suffolk County is returning to the darkness.

Let’s hope they don’t go so far as to let Heuermann walk. That would be terrifying, yet not surprising.
I would think the entire country would be shocked if they (the prosecution?) didn't continue with his prosecution. Do you have an example of persons charged with murder with substantial evidence that were then allowed to "walk" in this court's jurisdiction? Or of any other crime where a suspect is charged with a crime was allowed to walk there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi