Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know anything about what was going on in the suspects life in 2007-2010?

I wonder, if he started then (seems late in relation to his age) or if he had earlier victims? Edit: it was 13-16 years ago, so if he's 59 now, he must have been ca 43-46 years old.

What made him start in 2007? Did he stop in 2010 and what made him stop?
I really do doubt he restrained himself to those four in such a limited window of time. It would be highly unusual for this type of offender.

I still think we're dealing with someone with a higher body count, a longer window of killing. If he's definitively not responsible for the other LISK cases, they should be looking somewhere else in his orbit for victims. Somewhere he worked, travelled for business or pleasure, lived for a period of his life, studied (architects need a degree), etc. They should be looking for survivors, people who escaped him. I only hope that they do the deepest of dives into every dark corner and secret of his life and find where they need to look for those others. They and their families deserve justice, too.

MOO

1689350540928.jpeg
Police were led to the suspect through advanced communication analytics, according to the sources.

The Massapequa Park address "has been on our radar for some time," a source close to the investigation told ABC News.

"This all came down to phone data," the source added.

“"There undoubtedly is" another suspect, Ray said.”

Does anyone have any insight on to what this might mean? Is he implying that Rex Heurmann was working alongside someone else? Or that there is actually another separate serial killer in the area?

I was told by someone in the know, his daughter gave a dna sample.

edit: His daughter did a 23 and Me dna test and that’s how they linked him to dna evidence.
Ahh, ty. New 12 reported large family 5 siblings, I think, I was thinking someone must have recently decided to do a family tree tracing. MOO. Hmmm

Bringing in the FBI was a “key moment” in identifying a suspect, ABC 7 reported Friday, as Suffolk Police had initially resisted outside help. The feds were able to crunch a vast amount of telephone records to zero in on the suspect’s Massapequa Park address, the outlet reported.

Joseph Giacalone, a former NYPD cold case detective who teaches at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice and has been following the case closely, said Suffolk County law enforcement got a “complete makeover” about a year ago.

“They got a new police commissioner and a new D.A.,” he told The Daily Beast. “Those fresh sets of eyes, and the motivation to get this case closed, was important. They both made public statements that this case was priority number one.”

John Ray, an attorney representing Gilbert’s family, told News 12 Long Island on Friday he heard a “very strong, credible tip” less than a week ago that authorities were “about to close in on an arrest.”

“We’re pleased if they’ve actually managed to finally find somebody that can be tagged for this,” Ray said. He also represents the family of Jessica Taylor, 20, one of the women whose partial remains were found as part of the Long Island investigation, but not one of the “Gilgo Four.”

Was he a cross-dresser? Maybe he/she was spotted - male in female clothing dumping a body?
Now, that you are saying it: I just saw the video with the French journalist, and I stopped, because I was bored by RH's type of man, who seemed slightly effeminate to me. He has very long, very slender fingers (although able to the worst); they don't fit well, compared to his body/stature. IMO

FWIW, I don't see any single news site that has any particular show-stopping news that all the other major sites don't have. It's all the same mix of info, 'sources', and background info on the killings/victims, plus one tweet from Billy Baldwin, with some dueling theories about how the suspect was caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader