Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do doubt he restrained himself to those four in such a limited window of time. It would be highly unusual for this type of offender.

I still think we're dealing with someone with a higher body count, a longer window of killing. If he's definitively not responsible for the other LISK cases, they should be looking somewhere else in his orbit for victims. Somewhere he worked, travelled for business or pleasure, lived for a period of his life, studied (architects need a degree), etc. They should be looking for survivors, people who escaped him. I only hope that they do the deepest of dives into every dark corner and secret of his life and find where they need to look for those others. They and their families deserve justice, too.

MOO
Good points, would he be able to be satisfied with only 4 victims? Doubtful. I agree on finding survivors who escaped him to come forward. LE should make it a point to ask them to come forward anonymously if necessary to get more details on this guy, perhaps other victims they may know of and his MO.

"We've been here for about 30 years, and the guy's been quiet, never really bothers anybody," next-door neighbor Etienne DeVilliers told the station. "We were kind of shocked, to tell you the truth."

"Like I said, we're shocked. Because this is a very, very quiet neighborhood. Everybody knows each other, all of our neighbors, we're all friendly. It's never been a problem at all," DeVilliers said.

"This house sticks out like a sore thumb. There were overgrown shrubs, there was always wood in front of the house," neighbor Gabriella Libardi told the AP. "It was very creepy. I wouldn't send my child there."

A LinkedIn page for a man matching Heuermann lists his profession as owner of architecture and interior design firm RH Consultants & Associates, Inc.

On its website, the New York City-based RH Consultants & Associates states Heuermann founded the firm in 1994, and has more than 30 years of “extensive experience” working in the city, providing services to city agencies, non-profit organizations, developers and building owners, including the city’s Department of Environmental Protection and American Airlines.

Heuermann lived most of his life in the Long Island suburb of Massapequa, between the site where the bodies were found and New York City, driving or taking the train in and out of his office in Midtown Manhattan, the New York Timesreported.

Jumping in late to join everyone else with the same amazement—- that he was caught, and how ordinary he appears.

As a NYer I remember this being big news for a long time. Oftentimes compared to Jack the Ripper in that the victims were prostitutes.

So grateful that at last he was caught.

Also joining everyone in how baffling it is that a Manhattan architect would have a very modest and seemingly somewhat decrepit house.

Decades ago, my late cousin bought a house in Massapequa Park and it was a beautiful home. This house does not seem representative of the homes there.

Somebody was brilliant to be able to trace burner phones from 10 years ago, and thank God for DNA.

IMO

"We've been here for about 30 years, and the guy's been quiet, never really bothers anybody," next-door neighbor Etienne DeVilliers told the station. "We were kind of shocked, to tell you the truth."

"Like I said, we're shocked. Because this is a very, very quiet neighborhood. Everybody knows each other, all of our neighbors, we're all friendly. It's never been a problem at all," DeVilliers said.

"This house sticks out like a sore thumb. There were overgrown shrubs, there was always wood in front of the house," neighbor Gabriella Libardi told the AP. "It was very creepy. I wouldn't send my child there."
I'm oddly intrigued by the state of his house. What would make someone in the architectural field live in an unsightly home? It's one thing to live modestly, quietly, and under your means, but another to seemingly neglect the front of your home - the place that is visible and reflects your family to the outside and to the neighbors.

He seems to think highly of himself, based on the interview with the French interviewer. RH might not be a hot-shot architect with tons of style, but the house seems so haphazardly presented that it's the opposite of someone who thinks highly of himself.

I'm totally pulled into this case after years of only dabbling because I thought the perp would never be caught. What a day.

jmo

A poster had previously linked this video or a similar one, thanks..
''Feb 17, 2022
Bonjour! Today on L'INTERVIEW Antoine is talking to Rex Heuermann. Watch Rex and I talking about how his consulting business started. Hear him talking about his work and sharing his thoughts about what it takes to deal with NYC DOB rules and regulations...
As if LE had sent RH a reporter, who had to act as an overmotivated interviewer and just wasn't able to persevere in his role. (Admitting: I saw only part of the video.) MOO

The arrest of Rex Heuermann has brought hope to the victims’ families, who have long awaited justice. Attorney John Ray, representing the families of Shannan Gilbert and Jessica Taylor, stated that they had received credible information about an imminent arrest. While cautiously optimistic, the families have faced frustration throughout the long investigation.

The Gilgo Beach case remains one of the most haunting and enduring unsolved mysteries in Suffolk County. The arrest of a suspect offers a glimmer of hope that closure and justice may finally be achieved for the victims and their loved ones.

Law enforcement officers converged on a house in Massapequa Park, which had been raided earlier in the morning. The property appeared in disrepair, with overgrown shrubs and a general sense of neglect. Neighbors described the house as eerie and expressed concerns about its appearance. Heuermann was known to commute by train to New York City, dressed in a suit and tie.

Last edited:
Good points, would he be able to be satisfied with only 4 victims? Doubtful. I agree on finding survivors who escaped him to come forward. LE should make it a point to ask them to come forward anonymously if necessary to get more details on this guy, perhaps other victims they may know of and his MO.

John Ray, attorney for the Gilbert family, says he feels very strongly that Hueremann is not responsible for all 11 murders and that someone else is involved.

He says: "There is still so much to be done on this". Those who have followed these murders, Ray is a very trustworthy advocate. He's pushed harder than anyone to find the killer(s).

John Ray, attorney for the Gilbert family, says he feels very strongly that Hueremann is not responsible for all 11 murders and that someone else is involved.

He says: "There is still so much to be done on this". Those who have followed these murders, Ray is a very trustworthy advocate. He's pushed harder than anyone to find the killer(s).

sorry it was on News Nation Live with the lawyer of one of the gilgo 4

John Ray, probably. He's very reliable on his info. He's in this for the long haul. JMO

I listened to News Nation for about 15 minutes or so, but there was no reporting on the Gilgo Beach murders. Just missed it.

Will be interesting to see if his other properties are occupied and if he has any storage sheds, etc. at any of them. Suffolk and Nassau County PD will be busy. JMO

It sounds like he may only be a suspect in the gilgo 4, none of them were dismembered
I still remember the 'doctors' long dining room table, lol, and remember that he sometimes practiced medicine there. Shannon had gone to his house when she was trying to escape. Someone said the table would have been the right size to dismember a body on. That is somewhere in one of these many threads.

****Does Bessie know yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member