Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What sketch? There was never a sketch of LISK afaik.
EBM:
On a sketch…. Some links buried in this thread. See e.g. post #1 in this thread… which has a link to a New York Post article external reference date today, July 14.

I was in error on who was depicted in that sketch. See post #249 below for additional detail.

Last edited:
I feel like his house and the lack of upkeep is going to tie into his “profile”. If that makes sense. Maybe he’s just frugal as another poster said but I think there’s more to it. I can’t imagine he wants to lay low to the point of not at least updating the outside or taking care of lawn/shrubs/etc.

I guess I’m in disbelief because I keep thinking something isn’t right. But at the same time it could make sense. In parts of his life he is successful and powerful. Perhaps he wanted to feel powerful in other ways. I am interested in learning more, hopefully we will with the presser later.

"The cobbler's children have no shoes", or some old saying like that.
Yes, I thought of that. And given what I saw of him on the interview, I can picture him saying, "Everything is up to code" if a family member expressed interest in a nicer-looking place.

Still, I can't help but think the house reflects more about him than the cobbler phrase.

It's certainly not a place to show off to colleagues or clients.

jmo

On a sketch…. Some links buried in this thread. See e.g. post #1 in this thread… which has a link to a New York Post article external reference date today, July 14. About half way down is an image overhead shot of the beach site with superimposed images of some victims. And a sketch artist rendering of apparent suspect. IMO there is resemblance.

There was I believe other better posted images of that sketch but I cannot locate them now.

The sketch associated with the NY Post infographic is of a male victim who is unidentified.

Info from LE:

Respectfully, this just seems like the whole 5-6 min clip is the usual "LE congratulating each other" type speeches. I admittedly only skimmed through it.

Edit: my mistake, he does mention they expect to have a grand jury indictment this afternoon, and mentions the possible 4pm presser.

John Ray, an attorney representing the family of two of the victims, told DailyMail.com they were given warning a week ago that an arrest was imminent.

'We had a tip about a week ago that they were about to do this.

'We have two names but we obviously don't want to say unless we're 100% sure.'

Ray said that while the suspect arrested today is a man, he and his clients 'have always had an outside theory' that a woman may have been involved.

Wowzers!!!!

On a sketch…. Some links buried in this thread. See e.g. post #1 in this thread… which has a link to a New York Post article external reference date today, July 14. About half way down is an image overhead shot of the beach site with superimposed images of some victims. And a sketch artist rendering of apparent suspect. IMO there is resemblance.

There was I believe other better posted images of that sketch but I cannot locate them now.
That's Asian Male. A victim, not a suspect.

Some surprises here:

Friends of the suspect expressed shock at his arrest. They said he owns a Manhattan architecture firm and belonged to a New York City-based networking group known as The Dream Team.

"I knew him as a friend and a colleague,” a woman who asked not to be identified told NBC News in a telephone interview. “And I am completely surprised...I did not see this coming.”

Actor Billy Baldwin said he graduated with Heuermann in 1981 from Berner High School in Massapequa. He said his former classmate was married and had two children.

“Woke up this morning to learn that the Gilgo Beach serial killer suspect was my high school classmate Rex Heuermann,” the actor tweeted. "“Mind-boggling… Massapequa is in shock."

The sketch associated with the NY Post infographic is of a male victim who is unidentified.
One of the victims was found wearing what has been described as 'female' clothing when they had XY chromosomes. We don't know their gender identity, but it's possible that they were transgender or gender fluid. Like other suspected transgender Does, it makes the identification of this Doe especially hard, since we don't know what gender/s or identities they had in life. A sketch of this Doe as a 'male' doesn't help if they presented as female exclusively. A sketch of them presenting as female doesn't help if they were estranged from biofamily who only knew them as male. I have hope, though. Though I'm still waiting on the ID of Julie Doe, two other suspected transgender Does were identified in recent years. There's every chance this Doe and the other Does in this case will be identified very soon, if the agencies involved are determined to get justice for ALL the victims in this case, not just the Gilgo Four.

MOO

As if LE had sent RH a reporter, who had to act as an overmotivated interviewer and just wasn't able to persevere in his role. (Admitting: I saw only part of the video.) MOO
ETA:
The video with French reporter:

Heuermann also spoke about learning to construct furniture from his father, whom he described as an aerospace engineer who built satellites.

"I build furniture at home and I still build it in the same exact workshop," he said. "I have one tool that's pretty much used in almost every job, and it's actually a cabinet maker's hammer. It is persuasive enough when I need to persuade something."

"Not someone?" the interviewer asked. WOW!

"Something," Heuermann said, "and it always yields excellent results."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member