Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With regards to the house: it costs a fortune to live here and update your home here on LI without taking loan(s). Just because he's an architect doesn't mean he's a great builder or decorator. I think that between property taxes, child support & alimony payments, his income disappeared quickly.
From the Youtube clip, it seems that his field of architecture mostly involved code enforcement and improvements to commercial buildings. I don't think he designed million-dollar homes.

Apparently married.

BBM

New York ABC affiliate WABC reported that Heuermann was arrested Thursday at around 8:30 p.m. near his office in midtown Manhattan. He is expected to be arraigned Friday at 2:00 p.m., and according to WABC, Heuermann’s wife is expected to be in the courtroom.

ETA:
The video with French reporter:

Heuermann also spoke about learning to construct furniture from his father, whom he described as an aerospace engineer who built satellites.

"I build furniture at home and I still build it in the same exact workshop," he said. "I have one tool that's pretty much used in almost every job, and it's actually a cabinet maker's hammer. It is persuasive enough when I need to persuade something."

"Not someone?" the interviewer asked. WOW!

"Something," Heuermann said, "and it always yields excellent results."
So . . . he has a "workshop" as many have suggested (or shed, etc.).

• His wife's DNA was found on three of the victims' bodies
  • Cell phone calls made from a burner phone to the victims were traced to his office
  • A call made to one of the victims' sisters after she died was traced to his office
  • His Tinder profile with photos of him was linked to the burner phone
  • His Chevrolet pick-up truck was seen by witness to one victim's disappearance
  • He matches description of 'ogre' like man seen with one victim before she vanished

Those two seem to be pretty good friends. Wonder how long RH has known him?
I thought the interview (if its the same one with RH linked elsewhere) was so awkward. There's a part where the guy makes a joke when Rex says "city architects are scared of the city," guy says, "Which city?" and laughs - and it'd be a moment for banter for most people I feel like - but Rex just mows him on down and talks RIGHT on over him with the weird exaggerated open palm gestures / hand motions that scream to me,
"I'm not doing anything wrong, look how open and talkative I am!!"

It feels very much to me like he practiced his speech/being a "NORMAL GUY" as he says, in the mirror for probably at least a week.

I'm so creeped out by him just immediately.

Also - Why do he and Alex Murdaugh look like brothers in the worst way possible?! What in the hell...

MOO. JMO. all that stuff.

Last edited:
  • Cell phone calls made from a burner phone to the victims were traced to his office
  • A call made to one of the victims' sisters after she died was traced to his office
  • He matches description of 'ogre' like man seen with one victim before she vanished
OMG not the "ogre like" man!! Imagine being called that in the news... well, he has bigger fish to fry now... but if he's at all a narcissist this will get him. And so many of these SKs have sick, grandiose ideas about themselves and how they rule the world and everyone's lives in it revolves around them as a focal point. JWG, TB...
MOO

I've been away from Websleuths for quite some time, but this has brought me back today! Hopefully this finally brings justice for the victims and their families
Welcome back Liz!!

Btw to everyone -
Idk if Rex had multiple interviews with man above so I will link it

Haven't had a chance to go thru the whole thread yet so my apologies for a likely link repost

• A call made to one of the victims' sisters after she died was traced t.o his office
Whoa. Wife's DNA?

Maybe that's the DNA that was used to trace who he was - first find out who she was and info that led LE to him?? idk

jmo

Whoa. Wife's DNA?

Maybe that's the DNA that was used to trace who he was - first find out who she was and info that led LE to him?? idk

jmo
@PeiSzeCheng4NY

According to Suffolk DA bail application, detectives had been eyeing Rex Heuermann as #Gilgo Beach killer and used pizza that Heuermann had thrown out for DNA evidence linking him to the crime #NBC4NY

Attachments

• IMG_0211.jpeg
    IMG_0211.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 35
Re wife’s DNA thing from DailyMail, they make it sound like it wasn’t because the wife was involved—the murderer accidentally transferred his wife’s hair to his victims.

Ugh, even if she’s 100% innocent some people will never believe it now. Curious to see how that unfolds of course.

Sounds like they found CSAM in his Google searches, too, so at the very least, he's going down for that.

MOO

In July 2019, RH's (now-ex) wife sold a home in New Brunswick, NJ

New York ABC affiliate WABC reported that Heuermann was arrested Thursday at around 8:30 p.m. near his office in midtown Manhattan. He is expected to be arraigned Friday at 2:00 p.m., and according to WABC, Heuermann’s wife is expected to be in the courtroom.
I'd like to see some sources if the wife is ex-wife or current wife and if there was a divorce, when did it happen (could be a trigger)?

The following quote made my eyes super wide - but then I realised it is dailymail and as the wife has not been arrested nor anything, it is just some cross-contamination and maybe a case of her or DNA being identified before his was or something like that. MOO
His wife's DNA was found on three of the victims' bodies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member