Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"We've been here for about 30 years, and the guy's been quiet, never really bothers anybody," next-door neighbor Etienne DeVilliers told the station. "We were kind of shocked, to tell you the truth."

"Like I said, we're shocked. Because this is a very, very quiet neighborhood. Everybody knows each other, all of our neighbors, we're all friendly. It's never been a problem at all," DeVilliers said.

"This house sticks out like a sore thumb. There were overgrown shrubs, there was always wood in front of the house," neighbor Gabriella Libardi told the AP. "It was very creepy. I wouldn't send my child there."
BBM
There's always clues to a killer's personality.

a really unassuming, harmless looking guy. just how we thought he would look.
He kinda sounds like 45, BTW. Like a used car salesman or something.
Hope justice is finally served, and the families may find some resemblance of peaceiI
Interesting BTK was a code guy too. The hubris is coming through in this interview. MOO

“It’s been a long time coming & I never gave up hope that one day justice would be served,” Sherre Gilbert wrote in an email to NBC News on Friday.
Shannan Gilbert
“I’m just happy it happened sooner rather than later. The suspect (Rex) deserves to rot in prison for the rest of his life. He destroyed many lives so while it won’t bring our loved ones back, it does help that one less monster is off the streets and he can’t ever hurt anyone else!” Gilbert said.

I'd like to see some sources if the wife is ex-wife or current wife and if there was a divorce, when did it happen (could be a trigger)?

The following quote made my eyes super wide - but then I realised it is dailymail and as the wife has not been arrested nor anything, it is just some cross-contamination and maybe a case of her or DNA being identified before his was or something like that. MOO

It was his wife's hair that was transferred by him onto the body. His own DNA was also found. According to the DM, they are still married and have an adult daughter.

ETA: The DM has unneccesary pictures of his wife and she has long hair.

Last edited:
a really unassuming, harmless looking guy. just how we thought he would look.
He kinda sounds like 45, BTW. Like a used car salesman or something.
Hope justice is finally served, and the families may find some resemblance of peace.
I think he looks like Benny Hill and not nearly as funny.
  • His wife's DNA was found on three of the victims' bodies
  • Cell phone calls made from a burner phone to the victims were traced to his office
  • A call made to one of the victims' sisters after she died was traced to his office
  • His Tinder profile with photos of him was linked to the burner phone
  • His Chevrolet pick-up truck was seen by witness to one victim's disappearance
  • He matches description of 'ogre' like man seen with one victim before she vanished
His wife's DNA? Jesus.

It is actually kind of unusual for an architect to be in such dilapidated surroundings. There's usually a concern about maintenance, even for a modest dwelling. It suggests some kind of discord between his professional identity and his life.
Yes, because the architects that I know, are so meticulous in every part of their life they drive me nuts.

Re wife’s DNA thing from DailyMail, they make it sound like it wasn’t because the wife was involved—the murderer accidentally transferred his wife’s hair to his victims.

Ugh, even if she’s 100% innocent some people will never believe it now. Curious to see how that unfolds of course.
I have a horrid feeling that he may have involved his marital bed in the whole thing. I'd imagine that a person would be more likely to pick up stray hairs from spending time in their bed than just randomly from contact with their spouse, however intimate.

MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members