Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I don't see any single news site that has any particular show-stopping news that all the other major sites don't have. It's all the same mix of info, 'sources', and background info on the killings/victims, plus one tweet from Billy Baldwin, with some dueling theories about how the suspect was caught.

Not to be a downer but I agree in maybe a different way. All of these news sources are just as happy to report information right away and they can go back and edit things that were exaggerated or outright wrong (ha! Some don’t even do that) but they are playing heavily on the tabloid-style bait for now for the clicks. I don’t mean to make this a debate about the media but they all suck lol
Probably the most basic information is all we can trust at the moment. 1. There was an arrest and 2. There’s a suspect name, but it is interesting nonetheless

I really do doubt he restrained himself to those four in such a limited window of time. It would be highly unusual for this type of offender.

I still think we're dealing with someone with a higher body count, a longer window of killing. If he's definitively not responsible for the other LISK cases, they should be looking somewhere else in his orbit for victims. Somewhere he worked, travelled for business or pleasure, lived for a period of his life, studied (architects need a degree), etc. They should be looking for survivors, people who escaped him. I only hope that they do the deepest of dives into every dark corner and secret of his life and find where they need to look for those others. They and their families deserve justice, too.

MOO
Manhattan would be a good place to start looking.

Other former classmates also posted Heuermann's yearbook photo in an alumni Facebook group and said that they were shocked to learn the news of the arrest.

In talking about the bodies near Gilgo Beach, investigators have said several times over the years that it is unlikely one person killed all the victims.

Shannan Gilbert brought this whole thing to light. Looks like RH is linked to four victims, but not to others (afaik at this point), and it was in the search for Gilbert that RH's victim's were found. Maybe that scared him straight?!?

"The bodies were found during a search for missing Jersey City-based sex worker Shannan Gilbert, whose body wasn’t found until December 2011, a year after the Gilgo Four."

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we know anything about what was going on in the suspects life in 2007-2010?

I wonder, if he started then (seems late in relation to his age) or if he had earlier victims? Edit: it was 13-16 years ago, so if he's 59 now, he must have been ca 43-46 years old.

What made him start in 2007? Did he stop in 2010 and what made him stop?

I really do doubt he restrained himself to those four in such a limited window of time. It would be highly unusual for this type of offender.

I still think we're dealing with someone with a higher body count, a longer window of killing. If he's definitively not responsible for the other LISK cases, they should be looking somewhere else in his orbit for victims. Somewhere he worked, travelled for business or pleasure, lived for a period of his life, studied (architects need a degree), etc. They should be looking for survivors, people who escaped him.

Yes, it would be useful to have a list of the places he has real estate, has worked, or is otherwise confirmed to have lived. Or even a timeline like that, though I suspect that sort of info is hard to sleuth to such degree. I am sure the cops have most of that, though!

Shannan Gilbert brought this whole thing to light. Looks like RH is linked to four victims, but not to others (afaik at this point), and it was in the search for Gilbert that RH's victim's were found. Maybe that scared him straight?!?

"The bodies were found during a search for missing Jersey City-based sex worker Shannan Gilbert, whose body wasn’t found until December 2011, a year after the Gilgo Four."

A bit more here:

John Ray, an attorney who represents the families of Shannan Gilbert and Jessica Taylor, said he is "delighted" that there has been an arrest in the Gilgo Beach murders. But he added that he feels "very strongly" that Heuermann is not responsible for all 11 murders, including the killings of Gilbert and Taylor.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, reports say so far they only attribute the Gilgo Beach victims to him? If it turns out that all the bodies found in that the other victims aside from the Gilgo victims are indeed victims of another killer or killers, I'm curious what about that area made it such a chosen dumping ground. Is there anything that would set that area apart?

Bringing in the FBI was a “key moment” in identifying a suspect, ABC 7 reported Friday, as Suffolk Police had initially resisted outside help. The feds were able to crunch a vast amount of telephone records to zero in on the suspect’s Massapequa Park address, the outlet reported.

For so many years, people following these cases wanted that to happen. Glad they finally allowed them into the case. It seemed really necessary in this one.

So, reports say so far they only attribute the Gilgo Beach victims to him? If it turns out that all the bodies found in that the other victims aside from the Gilgo victims are indeed victims of another killer or killers, I'm curious what about that area made it such a chosen dumping ground. Is there anything that would set that area apart?
It's easily accessible yet remote. That's my opinion why it's chosen.

I have followed this case for years, though have not written before. I am so happy and truthfully surprised that they finally have a big break. Those women and their families deserve justice and hopefully this is the first step.

In my our lifetime, an arrest is made for LISK!

10 victims

Friday’s reported arrest came after Suffolk County’s new police commissioner created a special Gilgo Beach Homicide Investigation Task Force in February last year

Gilgo Beach, LISK serial killings suspect in police custody
I really hope they found the right guy I’ve been following this case for a long time I gained knowledge about this case on the killing season and I just feel for those families tremendously this is great news and I believe this is the most progress they’ve made ever in the history of this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader