Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I am speechless after reading the bail application. Some extremely disturbing stuff.

- Heuermann's wife was out of the country at the time of Melissa Barthelemy's disappearance. She was also out of state during Megan Waterman and Amber Costello's disappearances. (pgs 8-9)

- The burner cellphones used to contact Barthelemy, Waterman, and Costello -- as well as Brainard-Barnes and Barthelemy’s cellphones -- connected to cell towers very close to Heuermann's office in Midtown Manhattan. (pg 10)

- A warrant served on a fictitious email account, thawk080672@gmail.com, associated with one of the burner photos allegedly used by Heuermann revealed numerous searches for "sex workers, sadistic, torture-related *advertiser censored* and child *advertiser censored*." That same account was also used to conduct over 200 searches between March 2022 and June 2023 related to active and known serial killers and the LISK cases specifically, including "why could law enforcement not trace the calls made by the long island serial killer" and "Serial Killers by State 2023." (pgs 18-19)

- The Thwak email account was also used to search for podcasts and documentaries about the LISK case as well as repeatedly viewing hundreds of images depicting the murdered victims and their immediate families. (pg 20)

- On May 19, 2023, Heuermann was observed by law enforcement and captured on CCTV footage at a store in Midtown Manhattan purchasing additional minutes for the burner cellphone used to conduct the searches above (pg 22)

- Hairs belonging to Heuermann's wife were found on both Costello and Waterman. Additionally, a hair found in the burlap used to wrap Waterman's remains belonged to Heuermann. (pg 28)

I’m another hair shedder. (Not long just very very thick and apparently constantly needs to regrow itself.) It gets everywhere. As a true crime follower it makes me laugh, I would have to shave my head to get away with anything ever.

(This is probably why my first reaction to the mention of accidental transfer of the wife’s hair was sympathy.)

Also, seems like we’ve got yet another dumb suspect here who doesn’t know how to cover his tracks online. Thank the stars for idiots.

It really burns me up when these creeps plead not guilty when there's obviously a mountain of freaking evidence linking them to the crime. It's just torture for the families to then have to wait the justice system out in the courts.

It was his wife's hair that was transferred by him onto the body. His own DNA was also found. According to the DM, they are still married and have an adult daughter.

ETA: The DM has unneccesary pictures of his wife and she has long hair.

The article says that this is his second marriage and that he has a son from his first marriage, and a daughter from this second marriage, and that his daughter works at RH's architectural firm in Manhattan.

I agree, unnecessarily photos of the family members who are victims.

edited to add: The article also says that one of RH's hairs was found on one of the victim's bodies, while he transferred his wife's hair onto two of the victims' bodies.

The article says that this is his second marriage and that he has a son from his first marriage, and a daughter from this second marriage, and that his daughter works at RH's architectural firm in Manhattan.

I agree, unnecessarily photos of the family members who are victims.

edited to add: The article also says that one of RH's hairs was found on one of the victim's bodies, while he transferred his wife's hair onto two of the victims' bodies.
Meet the team page now down.

• His wife's DNA was found on three of the victims' bodies
  • Cell phone calls made from a burner phone to the victims were traced to his office
  • A call made to one of the victims' sisters after she died was traced to his office
  • His Tinder profile with photos of him was linked to the burner phone
  • His Chevrolet pick-up truck was seen by witness to one victim's disappearance
  • He matches description of 'ogre' like man seen with one victim before she vanished

GOT EEEEM

The wife must be blindsided. I’m assuming she didn’t know any of this. The realization that he was killing/assaulting women when she was out of town.. I’m sure she’s remembering every time she returned home from a trip (the ones he murdered during, at least) and wondering if anything about him seemed off..

Then knowing her hair was found on these poor women! I am sure these murders came up between the couple — it was local news after all. What a shock.

I think when she returned home he probably seemed so happy, and happy to see her. Maybe true but also exaggerated after what he’d been doing.

I would be sick. So mentally and physically unwell after learning all of this. I do think that if she did go to the hearing it was either out of desperation to try to understand the situation, or to support him. I think we sometimes are in such disbelief initially, especially when you think, ‘so and so would NEVER do that!’ Or along those lines. So I never fault that initial support tbh.

Imo

ETA:
The video with French reporter:

Heuermann also spoke about learning to construct furniture from his father, whom he described as an aerospace engineer who built satellites.

"I build furniture at home and I still build it in the same exact workshop," he said. "I have one tool that's pretty much used in almost every job, and it's actually a cabinet maker's hammer. It is persuasive enough when I need to persuade something."

"Not someone?" the interviewer asked. WOW!

"Something," Heuermann said, "and it always yields excellent results."
Anyone else feel that the interviewer seemed to know something more than he was letting on? It's a sycophantic interview - but there are various "hints" I felt unless that is a kind of pareidolia type thing.

See the daily mail Article posted upthread She is the second wife. They had a daughter together and she had a son from a previous relationship. She was at he arraignment.
Her hair easily could have been on his clothes imo.
Yes, ty. It's also in the bail filing linked in here a couple of times.

Yes. According to the bail document, the wife was out of town during most or all of the murders
Out of town or not I feel horrible for this (as far as we are aware) innocent person. This would be bad enough on its own for this family but for an innocent person to be directly linked to a crime scene through no fault of her own has got to be horrifying for her.

Out of town or not I feel horrible for this (as far as we are aware) innocent person. This would be bad enough on its own for this family but for an innocent person to be directly linked to a crime scene through no fault of her own has got to be horrifying for her.
On the flipside, her hair helped solve this case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member