Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only remember the creepy cop doc making calls to Shannon's family. Curiouser,and curiouser both guys worked in official capacity on LI. I still think she was right about whatever it was freaked her out so bad. Something is rotten in that jurisdiction. Jmo.
I think "was" is more on point. MOO "Something [was] rotten in that jurisdiction" (which is why there was resistance to FBI help and a large part of the reason why it took 13 years JMO

Was this suspect on any of your radars? Was he ever officially brought up in the past by LE and mentioned in the media?
I think the question is (and this is all speculation): Was there ANY connection between this guy who worked as an expediter for the NYC department of buildings and such (navigating things thru for clients), and ANY of the high level officials part of the group who frequented the parties over there back during this time?

Living there, on LI, not far from Gilgo, I could see him in being in the same circles at least professionally or by political fundraisers? The question sticks out bc the glaring thing here to me, at least insofar as SG is concerned, is that the victims he is charged with killing, were not killed there. They appear to have been dumped there (the bail document indicates their last movement was in Massapequa). But, we know this was not the case with SG. We do not know about the other 5. Maybe this is another reason he is only charged with just those 3 for now. MOO

Last edited:
BBM

"At an arraignment hearing on Friday, Tierney told the court his teams had been following Heuermann since last year and planned to continue to do so as they built the case, but feared he was about to flee the country.

Later, at a press conference, he and other law enforcement officials were concerned that Heuermann could target other victims if he remained free."

Sounds like RH realized that LE was on to him. He certainly could have fled when the belt info was released, but he didn't. He may have figured out he was being tailed.

I think the question is (and this is all speculation): Was there ANY connection between this guy who worked as an expediter for the NYC department of buildings and such (navigating things thru for clients), and ANY of the high level officials part of the group who frequented the parties over there? Living there, on LI not far from Gilgo, I could see him in being in the same circles at least professionally or fund raisers? Bc the glaring thing that sticks out here to me, at least insofar as SG, is that the victims he is charged with killing, were not killed there. The bail document indicates their last movement was in Massapequa. We know this was not the case with SG. And, we do not know about the other 5. Maybe this could be why he is not presently charged with any except those 3. MOO

intriguing. I would NOT be shocked at all, if others were involved in the sex/drug parties and maybe even murder or the cover-up after the fact. All it would take is friends with one buddy who was a cop or was friends and tight with a cop.

Agree. Too many powerful people who didn't want their alleged dirty laundry aired as an incidental part of an investigation that might shine a spotlight on the community and dissect it down to microscopic levels. Better to keep it low key. MOO

I think you are right, and it shows what monsters they are. I'd rather go to jail for a few years (for something I really did, of course) than know that my silence means more people die.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 11
It's the NYP which I don't trust at all but this might be worth sharing.

“He was trying to compliment me. Asking me if I came here often. Asking me my name,” Ally told The Post of the 59-year-old architect’s bizarre behavior.

“He had very dirty clothes on. He popped right out of the woods. Everywhere I went in the woods he would pop out somewhere,” she continued.

But the victim is named and she did file a police report.
It does look as though he was about to strike again and maybe she is the reaon they moved in now.

I only remember the creepy cop doc making calls to Shannon's family. Curiouser,and curiouser both guys worked in official capacity on LI. I still think she was right about whatever it was freaked her out so bad. Something is rotten in that jurisdiction. Jmo.
It was.

"At trial, another of Loeb’s assailants, former Detective Anthony Leto, testified that he went along with the scheme because “I feared for everything—my job, my partners, my well-being, my family—everything.”

The third, Lt. James Hickey, who had also by then retired, was the only one to directly testify that Spota and McPartland were involved in the cover-up, telling the jury that “if you crossed Tom Spota, Chris McPartland, Jimmy Burke, you crossed all.”

“They will destroy you. Personally, financially, criminally. They will go after your family,” he insisted, adding: “They know no bounds.”

It was.

"At trial, another of Loeb’s assailants, former Detective Anthony Leto, testified that he went along with the scheme because “I feared for everything—my job, my partners, my well-being, my family—everything.”

The third, Lt. James Hickey, who had also by then retired, was the only one to directly testify that Spota and McPartland were involved in the cover-up, telling the jury that “if you crossed Tom Spota, Chris McPartland, Jimmy Burke, you crossed all.”

“They will destroy you. Personally, financially, criminally. They will go after your family,” he insisted, adding: “They know no bounds.”

I grew up in Suffolk County. Lots of corruption. Horrible.

It's the NYP which I don't trust at all but this might be worth sharing.

“He was trying to compliment me. Asking me if I came here often. Asking me my name,” Ally told The Post of the 59-year-old architect’s bizarre behavior.

“He had very dirty clothes on. He popped right out of the woods. Everywhere I went in the woods he would pop out somewhere,” she continued.

But the victim is named and she did file a police report.
It does look as though he was about to strike again and maybe she is the reaon they moved in now.
Him dirty, jumping out of the woods, and asking her name also makes you wonder if he heard her while he was in the middle of something else and was afraid she caught him. Maybe he wanted to get her identity in case she had. MOO They have hopefully gone back to speak to her and have her bring them to the exact spot he approached her, show which direction he appeared from, etc. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allewine