Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

They need to be searching this park me thinks. According to this victim he was following her all around the park ... constantly appearing out of the bushs wherever she went.

If the police have been tailing him for months, why not arrest him after this incident that she reported ... put him in a line up to see if she identified him and therefore get him off the street a little sooner ... then start applying the presssure over the murders in the interrogation room??

“I was going for a bike ride over in Brady Park and he came up behind me and he asked me what time it was,” Ally exclusively told The Post. “He was trying to compliment me. Asking me if I came here often. Asking me my name,” Ally told The Post of the 59-year-old architect’s bizarre behavior.

“He had very dirty clothes on. He popped right out of the woods. Everywhere I went in the woods he would pop out somewhere,” she continued. She said he kept pestering her, approaching her twice during her trip to the park.

I agree. I also am wondering if RH could also responsible for the unidentified Asian victim based on one of the searches included in the bail application (it is #12 on the list on page 18).

ETA: I wonder when that specific search was made in relation to when that victim is believed to have died.
This was exactly my thought. It's the only search listed for a male, all the others are about young women. It's very specific and suspicious to me

This is a strange statement for them to make. I wonder if it's accurate. The phrase "not believed to be tied" as opposed to "no evidence linking him [to the other six]" is a distinction with a difference. They are making a pretty absolute statement here. It'll be interesting to see how they phrase this in the press conference.
I'm confused why wouldn't he be "tied" to Ms. Gilbert. Her family received harassing phone calls from her killer...yes? I know the Dr. called the family but I thought they received other calls.

Crazy. Between the other info from LE and now this, it certainly seems like he was gearing up to begin the cycle again - if he ever stopped. And, if he never stopped, that he was gearing up to restart in "this area", at least. MOO

Last edited:
Earlier posts and links indicated that Heuermann was a gun collector. Springfield may refer to the gun manufacturer "Springfield Armory" or a US military Springfield rifle. The number 9 in one of his email addresses may refer to 9mm caliber ammunition.
ah, thank you. That makes much better sense.

I'm confused why wouldn't he be "tied" to Ms. Gilbert. Her family received harassing phone calls from her killer...yes? I know the Dr. called the family but I thought they received other calls.
I think you're thinking of Melissa Barthelemy's family. They received the phone calls.

Shannon had a 911 call released while she was trying to get away from someone. She was found very differently than the others... had actually gotten away from the client/called 911, was found in a marsh and not bound/in burlap, etc. It may have been RH she was getting away from, but I don't think he actually caught up to her and murdered her, but rather she got lost/disoriented.

JMO

They need to be searching this park me thinks. According to this victim he was following her all around the park ... constantly appearing out of the bushs wherever she went.

If the police have been tailing him for months, why not arrest him after this incident that she reported ... put him in a line up to see if she identified him and therefore get him off the street a little sooner ... then start applying the presssure over the murders in the interrogation room??
Brady Park is too small to hide anything (I'm from the area) but it leads directly into the Massapequa preserve, which is another story.

Her system came up clean for drugs. Those guys are still not off my radar. MOO at least as far as Shannon is concerned. The corruption going on there stinks.

Respectfully and I’m playing catch-up here, wasn’t Shannan’s body not recovered for over a year? How viable are drug screens at that point?

Respectfully and I’m playing catch-up here, wasn’t Shannan’s body not recovered for over a year? How viable are drug screens at that point?
According to Kolker's book, Lost Girls, they used hair and brain tissue because they couldn't get bone marrow from her femur. It was negative for cocaine, but Shannan was exposed to the elements for over a year which could have affected results, and they did not test for any other drugs, nor did they attempt to get bone marrow from any other bones, despite having a near complete skeleton. (pg 359-360, hardback, ISBN - 9780062183637)

MOO

Last edited:
I only remember the creepy cop doc making calls to Shannon's family. Curiouser,and curiouser both guys worked in official capacity on LI. I still think she was right about whatever it was freaked her out so bad. Something is rotten in that jurisdiction. Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member