Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How could they match him to burner phones from ten years ago?

No idea, but DailyMail now has it as part of their sub-headline:

"Cops traced burner phone calls to sex worker victims to address - and watched him for MONTHS before swooping on him last night outside his Manhattan office"

The article also includes the line "The location of the phone calls matched Heuermann's home address and his office address. "

At least, as of 10:55a-ish, eastern time. I'm sure this link will continue to change.

Last edited:
It does surprise me, even more so when looking at the size of the house. I wonder if he had a workroom off limits to the rest of the family. idk.

jmo
Yes, it's very small. Are you of the opinion that he kept the victims for awhile? Certainly possible in my book. Wonder if there is a shed/greenhouse in the back yard? Didn't Dennis Rader have a shed behind his house? I think he did where he kept his trophies.

"Heuermann is not believed to be tied to the additional six bodies that were also found in the area"

So does that mean that LISK is actually multiple people?

Interesting, seems like NY Post and DailyMail have different inside sources. From DM:

Another six women and a toddler were found in the following months. Police will continue to investigate whether or not Heuermann has any connection to those killings.

Not for nothing, but he's an architect and his house looks like that? Would not inspire confidence in his work.
I agree. Looks like he inherited the house but never has bothered to maintain it much, at least on the outside. Gives me the impression he is frugal to the point of being cheap.

Maybe it's a hint of a double life - architect in the city but run-down house? Completely separate work and home life? Professional man, husband, father, but serial killer?

jmo

OMG.

More than one?

If so, fingers crossed that one arrest will kick off a domino effect.

jmo

OMG.

More than one?

If so, fingers crossed that one arrest will kick off a domino effect.

jmo
I have always believed it to be more than one person (due to the differences in the victims, MO, and years) but more likely than not the killers were acquainted with each other, perhaps having shared information on where to dump a body. E.g., father and son.

Gnarly. Absolutely amazing.

This just went at ludicrous speed from a baffling but not super unusual SK case to one of the weirdest ones I’ve ever heard of, and even more so if it ends up that he is ONLY responsible for GB4.

I agree. Looks like he inherited the house but never has bothered to maintain it much, at least on the outside. Gives me the impression he is frugal to the point of being cheap.

Maybe it's a hint of a double life - architect in the city but run-down house? Completely separate work and home life? Professional man, husband, father, but serial killer?

jmo
Makes one also wonder if other sites were also in use? Maybe owns other properties or has ties to them as well? And possibly other individuals associated too? MOO.

Also saw some video just now taken outside the residence in Massapequa, NY. If I’m not mistaken, white Christmas style blanket lights were draped over some of the shrubs? In July?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia