Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though shannan’s death isn’t attributed to this guy, it’s sad her mom isn’t here to see an arrest. I remember watching something her mom was in and she seemed really invested (I mean, obviously). What a tragedy, that family. So much loss.

Even though shannan’s death isn’t attributed to this guy, it’s sad her mom isn’t here to see an arrest. I remember watching something her mom was in and she seemed really invested (I mean, obviously). What a tragedy, that family. So much loss.
Yes, this arrest came from Shannan's family, imo. Even if this doesn't solve her case, they caught a killer.

jmo

Hair of suspect’s wife also found on 3 Gilgo Beach victims​

Marlene Lenthang
The hair of Heuermann's wife was found on or near three of the victims, prosecutors said in a bail application.

A hair was recovered from the buckle of one of the belts found binding the body of Maureen Brainard-Barnes.

Two female hairs were recovered on the body of Megan Waterman, who was found bound by tape. One hair was found from “outside the head area” and another from “the tape of the head area.”

Another female hair was found on a piece of tape inside burlap wrapping found on the body of Amber Costello.

All those female hairs were sent to an outside forensics laboratory, which in July 2022 determined they belonged to a woman who was not any of the victims.

On July 21, 2022, an undercover Suffolk County Police Department detective recovered 11 bottles from a trash receptacle in front to Heuermann’s home. The bottles were swabbed and the samples sent for testing.

In February, the lab concluded that one of the DNA profiles generated from the bottles matched the same “mitochondrial haplogroup” as the female hairs recovered from the three victims.

Based on the investigation and evidence, it was determined the hair belonged to Heuermann’s wife.

As the investigation found that Heuermann’s wife was out of state at the time of the three women’s disappearances and murders, “it is likely that the burlap, tape, vehicle(s) or other instrumentalities utilized in the furtherance of these murders came from Defendant Heuermann’s residence, where his wife also resides, or was transferred from his clothing.” 1. Hair of suspect’s wife also found on 3 Gilgo Beach victims

I didn't catch all of that. What was the ruse?

They would lure John’s to the home & after he paid upfront for services, her “partner” would suddenly arrive home angrily catching them. The John was usually chased out with a bat or by additional friends. It’s said RH was likely a victim of this scheme since he and his car matched witness IDs

Reporting to you live from RH Architecture in Manhattan: we've got Suffolk PD sitting outside and Press setting up.

Attachments

• 71105967827__54FB4DC7-7D76-4FCC-AFCA-B9CF46534630 Large.jpeg
    71105967827__54FB4DC7-7D76-4FCC-AFCA-B9CF46534630 Large.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 37
  • 71105957508__035C6D16-8217-4404-92B0-4DD508002ACB Large.jpeg
    71105957508__035C6D16-8217-4404-92B0-4DD508002ACB Large.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_8185 Large.jpeg
    IMG_8185 Large.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 33
  • 71105981291__0FD20E99-5E45-4A4B-9625-BA39A5CE66CE Large.jpeg
    71105981291__0FD20E99-5E45-4A4B-9625-BA39A5CE66CE Large.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 32
Thank goodness for that "angry boyfriend" ruse for at least a description!

jmo
Both his description and the car model. Not sure if he would have been caught without the car detail. That has been known since 2010 and in 2012 two areas where he lived/worked were identified through cell phone data. How come the car database hasn't been searched until 2022?

I didn't catch all of that. What was the ruse?
The sex worker gets the money, starts the trick, boyfriend/pimp busts in after a few minutes acting jealous and crazy, john runs off holding his pants up, leaving the money. One of the oldest cons in the business. They detail it in a book written on 'cozening' (confidence tricks) hundreds of years ago - they talked about it on an episode of QI a couple of years ago, that I, oddly enough, watched yesterday and mentioned LISK to my partner because of. Had no idea in the world we'd be talking about his arrest less than 24 hours later.

(I think the episode was Sideshows, Stunts and Scavenger Hunts, but I could be wrong, I watched two or three in a row. Definitely S series.)

MOO

Thanks to any and all live transcribers, I don’t have the mental bandwidth to watch the video feeds.

Hair of suspect’s wife also found on 3 Gilgo Beach victims​

Marlene Lenthang
The hair of Heuermann's wife was found on or near three of the victims, prosecutors said in a bail application.

A hair was recovered from the buckle of one of the belts found binding the body of Maureen Brainard-Barnes.

Two female hairs were recovered on the body of Megan Waterman, who was found bound by tape. One hair was found from “outside the head area” and another from “the tape of the head area.”

Another female hair was found on a piece of tape inside burlap wrapping found on the body of Amber Costello.

All those female hairs were sent to an outside forensics laboratory, which in July 2022 determined they belonged to a woman who was not any of the victims.

On July 21, 2022, an undercover Suffolk County Police Department detective recovered 11 bottles from a trash receptacle in front to Heuermann’s home. The bottles were swabbed and the samples sent for testing.

In February, the lab concluded that one of the DNA profiles generated from the bottles matched the same “mitochondrial haplogroup” as the female hairs recovered from the three victims.

Based on the investigation and evidence, it was determined the hair belonged to Heuermann’s wife.

As the investigation found that Heuermann’s wife was out of state at the time of the three women’s disappearances and murders, “it is likely that the burlap, tape, vehicle(s) or other instrumentalities utilized in the furtherance of these murders came from Defendant Heuermann’s residence, where his wife also resides, or was transferred from his clothing.” 1. Hair of suspect’s wife also found on 3 Gilgo Beach victims
His hair DNA her Hair, should put the nail in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member