Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM
I was thinking exactly the same thing. The windows are fabulous. But there is some strange psychology involved in RH keeping this house exactly like it was in his youth. Obviously, it's not a love of mid century architecture because it looks like he went to the trouble of exactly matching the trim work under the eaves of the house but didn't even bother to carry the paint job all the way up. It's almost like he only cared about what he could see as he drove up the drive. No love of the house, just a need for visual reminders of something. His youth ? His father ? I dunno.
Totally agreed. Well, but it undoubtedly doesn't look exactly as it did in his youth. Then, it probably looked good. He drove it over the cliff because we're seeing that house many decades later and he took no care of it. Why? 100% agreed, there's something really important behind his decision to do that.

Just noting, though, the inside of the house is in much better shape MOO, based solely on that image I could find of the interior. But is that single image enough to base a conclusion on? No way, but at the same time, couldn't help but notice.

Generally speaking, I think he took that house straight to hell, and it would be interesting to know why. But yes, I do think in that one image of the interior, the interior looks far, far better than the exterior. I'm weighing that, though, against what I've heard YouTubers noting about the condition of the interior, and it isn't the pretty picture like that Christmas image.

Absolutely, or just to get thrills out of leaving things hidden inside an “upscale” house. He apparently didn’t treat many of these owners very well. Maybe leaving things as his personal mark on places. You know how some builders put their name or initials on buildings.
BBMFF

Your comment made me wonder what might be hidden behind the walls.

Not defending RH in any way, but maybe his wife is more of a hoarder than him. So maybe not all of it is his mess, he just adapted and lived around it. I say all this from my own experience with hoarders in my family. Imo, whoever does the hoarding likely has depression (but won't seek treatment) and a bevy of other issues. Asa's defiant attitude during the initial search kind of reminded me of how a hoarder reacts when someone approaches their stash. So, maybe he just existed in the mess, didn't update the house for various reasons (hoarders don't seem to like change so Asa may have not wanted him to get work done, work, too much time with after work activities, not handy, miserly, etc.) and it's not a factor in the killings (other than it is easier to hide or lose things in a hoard). Just my random observations based on nothing but my own opinion.

Totally agreed. Well, but it undoubtedly doesn't look exactly as it did in his youth. Then, it probably looked good. He drove it over the cliff because we're seeing that house many decades later and he took no care of it. Why? 100% agreed, there's something really important behind his decision to do that.

Just noting, though, the inside of the house is in much better shape MOO, based solely on that image I could find of the interior. But is that single image enough to base a conclusion on? No way, but at the same time, couldn't help but notice.

Generally speaking, I think he took that house straight to hell, and it would be interesting to know why. But yes, I do think in that one image of the interior, the interior looks far, far better than the exterior. I'm weighing that, though, against what I've heard YouTubers noting about the condition of the interior, and it isn't the pretty picture like that Christmas image.
I'm noticing, that RH on the second attempt found just the right wife suitable to his imagination of living. Because to me AE doesn't make the impression of being especially subservient, I think, it is her own lifestyle, she probably also always wanted and then got with this architect. They had their joys in life, and it weren't new furniture or new carpets or a new fassade. AE was able to take journeys to Iceland (even with her children) and also to Comic conventions and where ever else. What he indulged in, we know.
With his first wife, this concept of life might not have been so easy to realize. He tried, and it wasn't, what he needed. AE tried too and had to change for reasons, afaik. - Of course MOO and speculation.

1717275435103.png
1717275469109.png
I wonder if during this search they started taking more of his family members belongings because they realize he may have used them to commit his crimes while they were abroad? For example, the pink backpack and shoe box look like something that would belong to the daughter and one of the women of the house, respectively. Same with the diapers and wipes in the bin that may not have been his but belonged to his wife or kids.

The huge pill bottles indicate that one or more of his victims were found to have ingested a drug or vitamin he gave them/forced upon them? Perhaps this may be more likely if he kept a victim alive and captive for more than one or two days. Like before the pills could have at one point belonged to his wife or kids but he stole or used them without their permission or knowledge?

Just my own speculation could be wrong of course

View attachment 507313
View attachment 507314
I wonder if during this search they started taking more of his family members belongings because they realize he may have used them to commit his crimes while they were abroad? For example, the pink backpack and shoe box look like something that would belong to the daughter and one of the women of the house, respectively. Same with the diapers and wipes in the bin that may not have been his but belonged to his wife or kids.

The huge pill bottles indicate that one or more of his victims were found to have ingested a drug or vitamin he gave them/forced upon them? Perhaps this may be more likely if he kept a victim alive and captive for more than one or two days. Like before the pills could have at one point belonged to his wife or kids but he stole or used them without their permission or knowledge?

I'm asking myself: What is the plan for what should be searched and what should not? I would like to know these logistical processes.

Nope, and I'm watching every day, SOOOO want to know what exactly they were looking for.

If they didn't find it, we might never know, I would guess? I hope we hear like something, anything. I'm guessing something small (?) because it looks like a "needle in the haystack" situation, oh, this (small but important item) could be anywhere. Obviously, though, lots of other possibilities. So curious, seriously. OH, and did anyone hear about the removal of the "printer," or they were looking at some device called a "printer" on that second search? Right here:

Earlier this week, police removed multiple boxes, household items, electronics and a large format printer.

One YouTuber I watched noted these architects might use a particular device for blueprints, and I think they also mentioned 3D. And they said this might be the "printer." How scary is that in light of the idea that he had some secret space/area/dungeon built into that home?? I just searched for "printer architecture 3D" on Google. "WebArchitectural 3D printers are used to make large-format prints of architectural blueprints for civil engineers, architects, civil engineers, and so on." That's potentially alarming.
From a Bing search for "When were large format printers invented?"
Dr Behrokh Khoshnevis, an academic based in California, first envisioned 3D printing larger layers on huge, industrial-scale printers in the mid-1990s.

The Complete History of 3D Printing: From 1980 to 2023 -

There is mention that the process actually goes back to the 1950s.

What is the interest in the printer? Any ideas?

The pictures I've seen the house looks a mess. Is that after the first search?

View attachment 507313
View attachment 507314

Why in the heck would LE be taking bags if unused diapers as evidence?

Not defending RH in any way, but maybe his wife is more of a hoarder than him. So maybe not all of it is his mess, he just adapted and lived around it. I say all this from my own experience with hoarders in my family. Imo, whoever does the hoarding likely has depression (but won't seek treatment) and a bevy of other issues. Asa's defiant attitude during the initial search kind of reminded me of how a hoarder reacts when someone approaches their stash. So, maybe he just existed in the mess, didn't update the house for various reasons (hoarders don't seem to like change so Asa may have not wanted him to get work done, work, too much time with after work activities, not handy, miserly, etc.) and it's not a factor in the killings (other than it is easier to hide or lose things in a hoard). Just my random observations based on nothing but my own opinion.
Ya know, my great-uncle was married to a woman who hoarded newspapers. The entire house was stacked with them and there was basically a bunch of hallways made of newspaper stacks. I remember my brother and I sitting on the stacks as furniture.

They lived an hour or two away and we didn't visit them often, so I don't remember too many details.

I do know though, when she passed away, the newspaper where taken out of the house right away. The people helping my uncle uncovered a stash of Playboys in the bathroom. His reaction "Ohhhh i didn't put those there. Wonder why those are in here?" (cmon now :rolleyes:) He then married a woman about a week later that looked EXACTLY like her.

The point of this boring story? My uncle used the hoarding to hide things, maybe Rex did too?

I'm pretty sure that anything that was not in an evidence bag or wrapping was just stuff they were moving out of the way. if so, that's far more telling to me. most of the stuff on that cart looks like stuff you would keep under the bathroom sink. I think they went into the plumbing again. as for the stuff in evidence boxes, nothing looked like it was heavy. I'm thinking textiles like clothing and sheets. or paperwork of some kind. jmo

I'm asking myself: What is the plan for what should be searched and what should not? I would like to know these logistical processes.
Applications for search warrants are written as broadly as possible, the only limitation is knowing that it has to be reasonable to avoid going back and forth with a judge that may ask for edits/justification before they will approve the warrant. A search for evidence on this specific warrant, which could be located absolutely anywhere on the property, means every square inch can be searched.
What should not be searched is whatever is left off the warrant by LE/not authorized by the judge. So the plan is always to legally find evidence related to the investigation of a specific crime and if evidence of any other crime is discovered, it too is useable.
If a search warrant is for a stolen engine, dresser drawers would not be a reasonable place to search, a prosecutor may not file drugs charges for something found in the drawers if they aren't on the warrant.

Perhaps the question is why all the miscellaneous boxes are being hauled out of the house. The list below means they could take containers of crafting supplies that have tape, scissors, yarn, boxes of years' worth of financial records, photo albums, boxes of jewelry and so much more. Most all of this stuff will eventually be released but they can't tell right then if it is actually evidence.
MOO but retired LE experienced in search warrants.

Under "property sought" on the warrant, authorities put a lengthy list of items, many of which are listed as "trophies" which are personal items belonging to murder victims. That was to include their phones, articles of clothing, jewelry, identification, notebooks, ledgers, Bibles, personal effects and or photographs or recordings depicting the victims. Also sought were forensic and/or trace evidence, including DNA obtainable through fingernails, toenails, animal hair or fur, human hair and human skin fibers, bodily fluids as well as any latent fingerprints and palm prints. These things can be found on "furniture, mattresses, carpets, rugs, flooring, animal cages, crates, litters, playpens, beds, towers, steps (or) clothing." Electronic devices or computers in all their forms are listed on the warrant, along with any records, whether they be physical or electronic in nature. Other property sought is "any documents relating to the recent occupation/renting/tenancy/purchasing of known instrumentalities utilized in the designated offenses." This could include mail, bills or other similarly situated documents.Broadly, the warrant also mentions "any of the known instrumentalities involved in the commission of the designated offenses including...burlap (the remains of at least one of Heuermann's alleged victims was discovered wrapped in burlap), camouflage burlap fabric, 'jute-like' fabric, hunting blinds, restraints, belts, textile yarns, polyester fibers, cotton fibers," or any variety of tape. Other "trophy" items are listed separately, including condoms, cut distal ends of black leather belts, devices utilized to stamp letters onto leather goods, knives, scissors, cutting implements and "Bounty paper towels specifically from the Bounty Modern Print Collection." Firearms, magazines, cases, ammunition, bullet fragments and shell casings were listed as were "locked rooms, storage areas, vaults, cabinets, safes, closets, containers (including strong boxes, desks, drawers, suitcases, briefcases, boxes, hidden compartments or other such enclosures where items can be kept, hidden or secreted."

Ya know, my great-uncle was married to a woman who hoarded newspapers. The entire house was stacked with them and there was basically a bunch of hallways made of newspaper stacks. I remember my brother and I sitting on the stacks as furniture.

They lived an hour or two away and we didn't visit them often, so I don't remember too many details.

I do know though, when she passed away, the newspaper where taken out of the house right away. The people helping my uncle uncovered a stash of Playboys in the bathroom. His reaction "Ohhhh i didn't put those there. Wonder why those are in here?" (cmon now :rolleyes:) He then married a woman about a week later that looked EXACTLY like her.

The point of this boring story? My uncle used the hoarding to hide things, maybe Rex did too?
YES!!! 100% agreed, honestly. I'm not saying "this happened," but I mean, surely this could be the case. Hiding in the hoard, it makes total sense. Like a guy with items he wants concealed-- like such a guy would discourage hoarding??

I don't think that special printer he has, though, is one of these items like the diapers. I'd be really worried about that printer in connection with the idea many people have on here about the possible dungeon/built-on secret space. SO creepy. NOT saying that it'll pan out, but it's just creepy they're interested in the printer.

Armchair psychologist here (playing one on WS), Norman Bates meets Oedipus. There seems to be, at the root of serial killers of this ilk a deep-seated loathing of women. Madonna complex. He's almost a caricature, like the textbook version. Loves women, hates his mother. Loves his mother, hates women. Women are either motherly or they're xxxxxx. Maybe he decided his mother was both. We may never know his exact motivation but power had to be among them, deciding whom to kill and whom not to kill. So deviant. What horrors could those walls tell?

JMO, that and an OCD-type personality combined with long time addiction to *advertiser censored* and sex. Basically a person who has a very cold, uncaring personality, authoritarian, who became very addicted to sex and doing it exactly the way he wanted. It escalates as it becomes more difficult to get a thrill. Like many serial killers, it gets to the point where it consumes his whole life, his career, his family, etc.

Why in the heck would LE be taking bags if unused diapers as evidence?
It is rare but sometimes victims of abduction are forced to wear them as their captors either hide them somewhere without plumbing or do not intend at all to let them leave the space to get to a restroom for multiple days.

I'm pretty sure that anything that was not in an evidence bag or wrapping was just stuff they were moving out of the way. if so, that's far more telling to me. most of the stuff on that cart looks like stuff you would keep under the bathroom sink. I think they went into the plumbing again. as for the stuff in evidence boxes, nothing looked like it was heavy. I'm thinking textiles like clothing and sheets. or paperwork of some kind. jmo
Good point! I didn’t even notice that.

You’re right. They could just be looking at the plumbing or the space behind the bathroom sink. Perhaps if accessed the space behind the walls of the bathrooms and closets can be used to hide stuff, like in some NYC apartments or older homes with wooden-interiors.

It is rare but sometimes victims of abduction are forced to wear them as their captors either hide them somewhere without plumbing or do not intend at all to let them leave the space to get to a restroom for multiple days.
I too wondered about that. I wondered if perhaps they found evidence of them on one or more of the victims. Not wearing the actual diaper. I'd think that would have been in MSM had they been found actually wearing them but maybe not. Either way, I was thinking of fibers, that they identified as being from a certain brand of disposable diapers, so put that on the search warrant and there they were. So they were taken. That's all I can think of because it's such an odd item to take. I'm not following this case closely but I don't believe there are any diaper-wearing aged children in the house. Not that adults can't wear them...

Good point! I didn’t even notice that.

You’re right. They could just be looking at the plumbing or the space behind the bathroom sink. Perhaps if accessed the space behind the walls of the bathrooms and closets can be used to hide stuff, like in some NYC apartments or older homes with wooden-interiors.
MOO, but I don’t think things they need to move to just get out of the way for their work would be taken from the house. Police evidence rooms are already so jammed full and I’m sure LE has more important things to worry about than keeping track of stuff the just needed to be out of the way.

My opinion is that all the stuff they were removing is somehow evidence. There may be evidence tags or stickers on items (that we can’t see in photos) where they aren’t concerned about finger prints, DNA, etc. OMO.

its possible he squirreled some of the stuff away when he was having work done on the house. you can look up the records for the work done on the house which includes a retrofitted HVAC system. plenty of opportunities to seal things up in the walls or ducts etc. whatever it is, I'm inclined to believe that it was from the initial search of the house. I think he really gets off on hiding things in plain sight, and maybe the evidence they're looking for wasn't blatantly obvious until they went through the first round of the search.

MOO, but I don’t think things they need to move to just get out of the way for their work would be taken from the house. Police evidence rooms are already so jammed full and I’m sure LE has more important things to worry about than keeping track of stuff the just needed to be out of the way.

My opinion is that all the stuff they were removing is somehow evidence. There may be evidence tags or stickers on items (that we can’t see in photos) where they aren’t concerned about finger prints, DNA, etc. OMO.
they're keeping a tight lid on everything. that's why they staged the front yard with the tents positioned like that. there are very specific procedures for handling evidence as well. if you're going back into a possible serial killers home to search for the second time, you better believe it's gotta be for something highly specific, especially in the state of new york. anything of evidenciary value was most certainly hidden from public view. they are not chucking it into an evidence locker somewhere in Riverhead. they have whole separate field offices for all things related to this case. I wish this was the situation 12 years ago, but here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommieHouston