Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

This was exactly why I took issue with Harrison standing up there next to John Ray in that press conference (and in my estimation, why Tierney also took issue with it ). Harrison himself admitted during that PC that the task force was still working on vetting this information. It's a horrific mistake, imo , for the Police Commissioner to appear to give credence to any information that hasn't been thoroughly vetted. This is exactly why we now have people running around stating that it's a fact that AE hosted swinger parties, and that Karen Vergatta definitely was in the Heuermann house the night she went missing and that she ran out of there naked and scared for her life. If this information turns out to be false or mistaken, what do you think the defense is going to do with that ? What do you think AE's attorney will do with that ?

(Not aimed at you at all. I just used your post as a jumping off point. )
I agree that some have taken John's 2 witnesse's statements as absolute truth which they're not and shouldn't be claimed as such.

imo: I don't think either RH or AE would sue for defamation in civil court.
Discovery would open up another can of worms.

I see Harrison as giving Ray's investigating credence, something which before he arrived was non-existent within the dept and showed that his task force is involved with cases that came from Ray.
Harrison was even present during an interview with one of Ray's witnesses.

A 2014 report about Bittrolff's arrest/indictment and these comments by (former DA and currently incarcerated) Spota caught my eye...

“The manner of death, the positioning of her body, and the trace evidence of Ms. Costilla is similar to that of Tangredi and McNamee,” Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota told reporters Tuesday during at a news conference at his Hauppauge office.

Spota also shot down any idea of a connection between these three cases and the investigation into the unsolved Gilgo Beach murders. He said the respective murders and crime scenes are unique and there is no “evidentiary” link.

smh

What a web we weave, eh?
John Ray in a video on Joe Giacalone's program (can't post Joe G here) said that the ex- NYC narc boyfriend "RW" is connected to "Springfield Gardens" Queens, N.Y. which also borders Prospect Park.....IIRC:
Though Ray didn't say then or now .

I remembered it because of "Springfield" being home of the "Simpsons" and Vermont's Springfield won the competition.
To clarify, John Ray has been a major figure in the LISK investigation for a long time. Videos where a major "case player" is interviewed (i.e. family members, investigators, lawyers who are prominent in the case) are generally allowed. We only ask that members get approval before posting a link because there are actually some hosts we would not allow regardless of who they were interviewing. (There aren't many, but they do exist ;)).

Joe Giacalone does not have blanket approval at WS but when he is interviewing John Ray or other major figures who are an important part of this case, his videos are allowed.

I agree that some have taken John's 2 witnesse's statements as absolute truth which they're not and shouldn't be claimed as such.

I see Harrison as giving Ray's investigating credence, something which before he arrived was non-existent within the dept and showed that his task force is involved with cases that came from Ray.
I see what you're saying, Izzy. Just to be clear, I never questioned Harrison's intent in publicly connecting himself to JR, I questioned the wisdom of it. Not because of any particular feelings I have about JR, but because he is a private attorney who supposedly represents "the estates" of some of the victims in this investigation. Once this case goes to trial, that could be a REAL problem for the prosecution.

All JMO, of course.

Last edited:
RSBM

This was exactly why I took issue with Harrison standing up there next to John Ray in that press conference (and in my estimation, why Tierney also took issue with it ). Harrison himself admitted during that PC that the task force was still working on vetting this information. It's a horrific mistake, imo , for the Police Commissioner to appear to give credence to any information that hasn't been thoroughly vetted. This is exactly why we now have people running around stating that it's a fact that AE hosted swinger parties, and that Karen Vergatta definitely was in the Heuermann house the night she went missing and that she ran out of there naked and scared for her life. If this information turns out to be false or mistaken, what do you think the defense is going to do with that ? What do you think AE's attorney will do with that ?

(Not aimed at you at all. I just used your post as a jumping off point. )
Yeah, the problem is sometimes you have to make it absolutely impossible for ppl to brush certain crimes under the rug.

You know…they’re on drugs…them pimps are out there ditching their disobedient ladies…nothing to see here…

Hoping the mega Peacock deal can be pulled.

There must be an "out"
I highly doubt a media organisation would pull out of having exclusive access to the family when the case is just getting bigger. If anything they'll be high fiving each other for getting in early, when they could offer a lower amount and be accepted.

If it bleeds, it leads. The media isn't a charity, death and disaster is literally their stock-in-trade.

MOO

I also think Harrison knows a lot more about serial killings of women on LI than some give him credit for. JMO, he wanted to work with John to send the message that LE need to build trust with sex workers and listen to valuable information they can share about the killers and other predators out there. Most large LE jurisdictions started doing this decades ago.

@NoSpoonFeeding

Link provided by @Betty P for the party at RH home.

“A witness recently came forward after seeing photos of Vergata and Heuermann on television, according to Ray. She said she attended a “swingers party” with her boyfriend and Vergata at Heuermann’s home in Massapequa Park around Valentine’s Day in 1996. She said Vergata remained at the party after she and her boyfriend left”

At first she took the unsupportive wife position. There was no contact between them for quite a while.

She retained an attorney and claimed that she wasn’t aware of his fetishes.

As of late she said she is waiting on the evidence to determine where she stands.

This info ^^^ can be found in the thread.
BBM
I remember this. I even supported her with the fund her account.
However, it seems to me (moo) like she turned on a dime. When she double flipped off the media it really burned me.

BBM
I remember this. I even supported her with the fund her account.
However, it seems to me (moo) like she turned on a dime. When she double flipped off the media it really burned me.
Seems like she turned on one million dollars.
She will make future appearances at court for the purpose of the cameras.
The interviews and court appearances are required for the documentary.

How I wish Harrison hadn't been on his way out when that happened.

While I've always been glad JR has kept SG's case alive (and helped all these victims in many ways)... there is such a strange intertwining of lawyers surrounding RH and Gilgo, I can't give my complete trust to any of them. I believe some things but not others... tough to explain.

jmo
Ironically enough, the attorney representing Rex's children worked with John Ray for years.
He stood by John Ray and Mari Gibert during the press conferences .
I recognized him behind the beard.
I wonder how John Ray feels about this?

@JoeGiacalone
This playlist has each show that discussed and interviews from the Gilgo Beach investigation, Josh Zeman and the Killing Season, attorney John Ray, LISK, LISK suspect Rex Heuremann and more.

Last edited:

NYP is now also stating its Sandra and Jessica Taylor
Jessica and Sandra?
The NY Post has never been a reliable newspaper.
Meanwhile, CNN said Jessica and Valerie.
No way to know.
The press conference will be interesting.

Looking at an un-redacted copy of RH's bail application... I see John Springfield was a name he used, and "springfield" was part of one email address he used. (And, also "hunter" was used in another email address).

I think both BTK and RH share some of the same sick sadist psycho traits. It's possible BTK maybe has a couple of unidentified victims BUT... I certainly think RH is likely to have FAR more than just the Gilgo victims. jmo
Do you remember Megan's aunt said a barbie doll was found where the bodies were discovered?
She said how the doll was left would indicate the person knew how the bodies were dumped.
She did not answer the question if the doll was found at the time the bodies were.
This is separate from the Timeout dolls that were found on the crosses in Feb. 2012.
Definitely a BTK move.
Last summer, there was a helicopter flying over Rex's backyard when police were digging.
There was a smiley face painted on the back of his house.
It was on the leftside of where the basement is located.
Certainly makes you wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member