Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - not an approved source>

"According to Newsday, the disgraced architect has been indicted in the November 1993 death of Sandra Costilla, a Queens woman whose remains were found in the town of Southampton over three decades ago."

Evidently, Sandra Costilla is going to be one of the RH victims. Will there be one more, Jessica Taylor? Or even more beyond that?

No matter what, eventually there will be more charges, thanks to this. And down on my hands and knees saying "thank you" there's something, anything at all. Decades and decades. This guy's kill count is going to be through the roof. No words. There are no words for who this guy is, and what he did. I just wish there wasn't so much replication. They'll get him, but there will be more to take his place.

All of them like him. That's what I want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ironically enough, the attorney representing Rex's children worked with John Ray for years.
He stood by John Ray and Mari Gibert during the press conferences .
I recognized him behind the beard.
I wonder how John Ray feels about this?
Vess Mitev trashed Ray big time after Ray came out with claims that Asa was not at a hotel vacationing when she supposedly was there.

Lawyer for Gilgo 'serial killer' Rex Heuermann's children ...​

The US Sun
https://www.the-sun.com › News › US News

Feb 6, 2024 — Vess Mitev told The U.S. Sun the fantastical allegations made by attorney John Ray during a symposium on the Long Island Serial Killer last ...

<modsnip - not an approved source>

"According to Newsday, the disgraced architect has been indicted in the November 1993 death of Sandra Costilla, a Queens woman whose remains were found in the town of Southampton over three decades ago."

Evidently, Sandra Costilla is going to be one of the RH victims. Will there be one more, Jessica Taylor? Or even more beyond that?

No matter what, eventually there will be more charges, thanks to this. And down on my hands and knees saying "thank you" there's something, anything at all. Decades and decades. This guy's kill count is going to be through the roof. No words. There are no words for who this guy is, and what he did. I just wish there wasn't so much replication. They'll get him, but there will be more to take his place.

All of them like him. That's what I want.

One of the only positive outcomes is that the public, the experts and our leaders will learn more about how these killers operate and evolve over years, how they blend seamlessly into our communities and how important it is that we not leave investigations stagnant and unsolved as the body count rises year after year. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a comment about the Peacock deal. All investments by media companies are based on two things. What the audience viewers will pay, and what the sponsors will pay. We all know examples where sponsors will not buy ad time for some content, because the sponsor does not want to be associated with a certain subject or production.

Finally Peacock is not a 'tabloid' company but they are interested in profits. They will walk away from this project and a million dollars to Asa the instant they realize the cost to produce the show far exceeds any potential revenue.

Rest assured, they have a number of escape clauses in the contract.

Finally, a million dollars is chump change for the parent Comcast-NBCUniversal which earned over $45 Billion last year

Sandra Costilla definitely came out of left field. It shows an interesting insight into his development. He dumps his first victim in a wooded area, partially clothed. She gets identified via fingerprints, which probably worried him at the time. If the police have a victim's name, there's always the possibility that they can trace her last known movements. Following Costilla, he begins to dismember his victims and dump their identifying remains in the bushes along Ocean Parkway. When the police release a photograph of Peaches' tattoo, he begins to hide or obscure his victims' tattoos. When Jessica Taylor is identified using the tattoo that is put back together and DNA, he stops dumping bodies out in the open, preferring to stick with the same stretch of road where his victims' remains were still untouched. He was likely paying attention to news reports the entire time by reading newspapers on his commute on the LIRR.

Sandra Costilla definitely came out of left field. It shows an interesting insight into his development. He dumps his first victim in a wooded area, partially clothed. She gets identified via fingerprints, which probably worried him at the time. If the police have a victim's name, there's always the possibility that they can trace her last known movements. Following Costilla, he begins to dismember his victims and dump their identifying remains in the bushes along Ocean Parkway. When the police release a photograph of Peaches' tattoo, he begins to hide or obscure his victims' tattoos. When Jessica Taylor is identified using the tattoo that is put back together and DNA, he stops dumping bodies out in the open, preferring to stick with the same stretch of road where his victims' remains were still untouched. He was likely paying attention to news reports the entire time by reading newspapers on his commute on the LIRR.
Did any of the other victims have police records that would have fingerprints on file? I'm wondering if he chose victims from that point forward who didn't have criminal record??

(I am not a years-long follower of the case - so sorry if this is a dumb question.)

jmo

John Doe #8 or "Asian Male

My mind frequently wanders back to "Asian Male.
It's hard to believe that no friends have reported him missing' even though the family hasn't.
Does anyone know if his DNA was able to be extracted?
Is it a cultural issue when some families don't report a missing relative who was a sex worker or someone from the GLTQT community?

Did any of the other victims have police records that would have fingerprints on file? I'm wondering if he chose victims from that point forward who didn't have criminal record??

(I am not a years-long follower of the case - so sorry if this is a dumb question.)

jmo
Some of the others did have criminal records (Vergata, for example), but he made sure to hide their skulls and hands in the bushes along Ocean Parkway. By doing this, he was able to prevent the police from checking the victims' dental records and fingerprints.

jmo
Melissa had a fairly recent prostitution charge. Can't recall on Amber, Maureen, and Megan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l