Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't extensively researched this case, so forgive me if I get the details wrong.

This is the most confusing part of the new developments for me. Rita Tangredi and Colleen McNamee's presumed murderer was identified, and many have theorized he murdered Sandra Costilla too because of these obvious similarities, but now RH is charged with her murder.
If it makes you feel any better, I've been here from the jump and I am equally confused. I could theorize about whether or not Bittrolff and Heuermann knew each other (both were hunters, so maybe ? I dunno), or I can question whether Bittrolff was wrongly charged, but I don't know the source of his DNA on Tangredi and Mcnamee...man, I just don't know what to do with this new info right now, to be honest.

@NoSpoonFeeding

Link provided by @Betty P for the party at RH home.

“A witness recently came forward after seeing photos of Vergata and Heuermann on television, according to Ray. She said she attended a “swingers party” with her boyfriend and Vergata at Heuermann’s home in Massapequa Park around Valentine’s Day in 1996. She said Vergata remained at the party after she and her boyfriend left”

THANK YOU for the info!!

I haven't extensively researched this case, so forgive me if I get the details wrong.

This is the most confusing part of the new developments for me. Rita Tangredi and Colleen McNamee's presumed murderer was identified, and many have theorized he murdered Sandra Costilla too because of these obvious similarities, but now RH is charged with her murder.

You've got it. John Bitrolff was convicted of Rita and Colleen. Don't worry, you're not the only one contemplating the implications here. No matter how long you've been following this case.

Maybe she is away for a reason.
I don't know for sure what you mean here, but I think that if she was married to the nicest man in the world, she would still make trips to her homeland to see her family as often as possible, and take her children on vacations.

Now that we know that RH also may have done his crime when another wife was away, it makes me wonder if when he married wife 2, he considered or planned to marry someone that was going to be leaving the country regularly, because he planned to continue SK.

Last edited:
His hair beneath Jessica Taylor's remains. Reading the affidavit now. It matches to RH. Found in "surgical drape" below JT's remains. Wife & kids of RH out of town-- again.

Moves to Costilla. Witness 3 will be important. Witness 3 is someone living with RH, a female, known to LE at "target residence," wherever that was. RH was living with witness 3 prior to Sandra Costilla's murder. She gave LE a buccal swab, so she's cooperating. (Ex-wife ER?) She (Witness 3) evidently would match a hair found beneath Costilla. And evidently one of HIS hairs is on/near Costilla's remains.

He did extensive planning. He has charts relating to his specific issues with the dump site and other "facets" related to committing specific murders. He has notes to remove ID, like tattoos. He has notes to remove trace DNA from his bodies. It's extensive. He has a "body prep" section. It has a specific note to REMOVE HEAD AND HANDS.

"During the initial search warrant execution in July 2023 at TARGET RESIDENCE, the Task Force observed that Heuermann possessed, in his home office, the book entitled 'The Cases That Haunt Us' (see embedded image below), which outlines the facts, evidence, and victimology of several notable serial murder cases"

"The Gilgo Homicide Task Force members believe that the totality of circumstances surrounding the HK Planning Document, including Heuermann’s attempt to delete its existence, points to it as Heuermann’s self-education and 'homework' on the topic of carrying out serial, sexual murder. Heuermann’s pointed concerns regarding (1) avoiding being captured on video surveillance; (2) leaving behind forensic evidence; (3) what supplies to purchase; (4) how to package a body for subsequent transportation to 'DUMP SITES,' e.g., 'wash body inside and all cavities' prior to 'package for transport;' (5) avoiding a 'paper trail' tying him to crimes and/or crime scenes (e.g., 'REMEMBER DON’T CHARGE GAS'); (6) concerns regarding noise and/or air travel, which could inhibit 'play time;' and (7) how to 'improve' 'next time' further confirm, merely by looking within the four corners of the document itself, its relevance in this regard."

Absolutely horrifying.

Speechless.
?! Huh ?! You are definitely reading way faster than I am ! I need to just step out of here and read, I guess.

UGH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member