Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The indictment is related to additional victims — including one found in North Sea, a community in Southampton which was searched by investigators a few weeks ago.

So would that be a new, previously unsuspected victim?

So would that be a new, previously unsuspected victim?

How much "woodworking/carpentry" did RH do? Did we see LE carrying woodworking tools, table saws, etc from RH's home??

IIRC wood shavings and sawdust were found on Bittrolff's victims and/or supposed victim, Sandra Costella.
Perhaps the "printer for architects" was rather a transportable table saw? I don't know, if the "printer" had been guessed only by the reporter.

Perhaps the "printer for architects" was rather a transportable table saw? I don't know, if the "printer" had been guessed only by the reporter.
I'm not a carpenter or an architect, but I think I could tell those two apart. The big blade, for starters.

I don't think it's strange he'd have an architect's printer, even if it's obsolete technology. The guy never throws anything out.

And he had a carpenter's workshop, too, I think. So any sawdust could be from that. He's talked about his love for a cabinet maker's hammer, I believe it was.

MOO

From this article above, in this photo the wood pile last July, as I remembered, covered/obstructed the view of the whole basement window.

The indictment is related to additional victims — including one found in North Sea, a community in Southampton which was searched by investigators a few weeks ago.

Was North Sea the young woman in a trash bag who had a gold pig necklace?

Was North Sea the young woman in a trash bag who had a gold pig necklace?

Thank you! It’s been so long and there have been so many victims.

Sandra was long thought to be a bittlroff victim. This is major if true!

FRom 2014
Homicide Squad detectives are also investigating whether Bittrolff killed a third woman, Sandra Costilla, 28, of Queens, whose cause of death resembles Tangredi’s and McNamee’s, authorities said. Costilla was found dead in North Sea on the South Fork on Nov. 20, 1993.

“The manner of death, the positioning of her body, and the trace evidence of Ms. Costilla is similar to that of Tangredi and McNamee,” Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota told reporters Tuesday during at a news conference at his Hauppauge office.

He did not say of Costilla also worked as a prostitute, but noted: “She had a lifestyle that may have been substantially similar.”

Someone posted a theory that LE was taking everything out of the house in order to do a deeper search. In the NY Post article, today there is a photo of what appears to be a white tractor trailer with a red cab. There is a second truck, referred to as a box truck, which was said to be for “evidence.” It would make sense, if on this 2nd search, LE went back looking for a secret area in the home and in order to uncover areas or an area such as this, they would move everything out and temporarily store it in the tractor trailer.

In the Daily Mail, another picture with the delineation re: the two types of trucks:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/0..._is_where_they_were_lo-a-91_1717424582096.jpg

Last edited:
Someone posted a theory that LE was taking everything out of the house in order to do a deeper search. In the NY Post article, today there is a photo of what appears to be a white tractor trailer with a red cab. There is a second truck, referred to as a box truck, which was said to be for “evidence.” It would make sense, if on this 2nd search, LE went back looking for a secret area in the home and in order to uncover areas or an area such as this, they would move everything out and temporarily store it in the tractor trailer.
This is sounding very Gacyesque. I hope I'm wrong. MOO

Since Bittroff still claim
s to be innocent, do you wonder how strong the evidence was against him?
I’m still wondering if he and Rex met each other in their mutual experiences and endeavors. Did they ever met up, work together, hunt together or compete against one another? If this new charge is Sandra Costilla, it would sure warrant a collective “Hummm.”

Last edited:
I’m still wondering if he and Rex met each other in their mutual experiences and endeavors. Did they ever met up, work together, hunt together or compete against one another? If this new charge is Sandra Castillo, it would sure warrant a collective “Hummm.”
I suspect that two men with the same interests and in that small an area very likely would have crossed paths. However, you've just got to wonder how strong the evidence was against Bitteroff. I've never read about his cases. I was wondering about him the other day because he was trotted out with other serial killers for interviews when RH was first arrested. Dennis Rader of course preened and loved the attention. I did notice that Bitteroff seemed much more cautious. This is getting very interesting.

I suspect that two men with the same interests and in that small an area very likely would have crossed paths. However, you've just got to wonder how strong the evidence was against Bitteroff. I've never read about his cases. I was wondering about him the other day because he was trotted out with other serial killers for interviews when RH was first arrested. Dennis Rader of course preened and loved the attention. I did notice that Bitteroff seemed much more cautious. This is getting very interesting.
If I recall correctly, his (Bittrolff's) DNA was found on/in the two victims. I've always maintained that the evidence they had on Bittrolff only proved that he had sex with the victims. Whatever additional evidence they had (because I can't remember off the top of my head) IMO all it meant to me was that he was guilty of having sex with the victims, it didn't prove to me that he murdered them.

I’m leaning more toward AE being the main hoarder, but it came with a benefit to RH - avoiding visitors of any kind except maybe the swinging crowd.

Shouldn’t he have a manly and orderly man-cabin out in the woods somewhere? Under another name?
I've always thought that LISK would have a spot that he doesn't live in close to the RM parkway entrance.

I’d implore everyone to watch the 2010 “BluChip Marketing” series of interviews with then Suffolk County Police Commissioner Richard Dormer on YouTube. Lots of insight and specific details that aren’t referenced much elsewhere, don’t have the time right now to figure out which episode it’s referenced, but police and FBI thought it was 1 killer from the very start (or at least that it was statistically improbable that 2 killers used that same area for a dump site, can’t remember the exact wording).

Dormer had mentioned back then that he thought it was the same killer for all the victims along Gilgo/Oak Beach.

Serial killers change MO over time due to familiarity and other factors, even external ones. Dismemberment often takes place because the killer needs to remove a victim's body from a home or other building to a vehicle or dump spot without attracting attention from others. If the killer finds a better way to move deceased victims without dismembering them, they'll change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slayerwarlover