Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you see his almost illegible handwriting in the letter he sent to H.F. ?
I didn't notice that it was particularly illegible, but I did notice that he utilizes some pretty unique, easily identifiable flourishes to specific letters of the alphabet.

This could end up being the old dropped "r" on the typewriter thing, imo.

That's why his wife quickly filed for divorce, imo. For one thing, it protected all their assets from going to his legal fees and leaving her with nothing. And two, the divorce depleted his assets likely to the level where he cannot afford counsel.

(And, of course, I'd like to think she is divorcing him because he's an accused serial killer who used her vacation times to murder young women.)

jmopinion
She was smart to retain an attorney as quickly as she did, imo. Not just from the perspective of having to protect her financial assets, but also from the perspective of needing counsel wrt her legal rights. I know there are people think if you hire an attorney you must have something to hide, but I am definitely not one of them.

One small note: so far at least, RH is nowhere close to being the USA's most prolific serial killer. That "honor" goes to Samuel Little.

This is because, like RH, SL targeted sex workers, women with addictions, and other women on the fringes of society in the hope that no one would miss them. He also traveled around the country a lot, which helped him evade capture for decades.

He and RH are terrifying creatures. Little, at least, is hopefully in hell where he belongs.

If hell has a basement....

Do you see his almost illegible handwriting in the letter he sent to H.F. ?
Re spelling errors and handwriting

It might point to Dysorthography
which is a type of specific learning difficulty.

It is also accompanied by Dysgraphia,
which is manifested by illegible handwriting.

Dysorthography
is diagnosed in a person who,
despite knowing the rules of correct spelling,
makes mistakes in writing.

JMO

The "photos" aspect of this is creeping me out to the umpteenth degree. SUPPLIES lists "photo film." As @iamshadow21 noted, this could be for Polaroid instant. But okay, in POST EVENT, "dispose of pic's." Okay. So... how "post-event" was he thinking? Why make the pics if you're not going to devote time to viewing? Because it looks like RH isn't going to have them long. (?) And why does it note in post event to "burn" gloves but "dispose of" these "pic's"?? Wouldn't he burn them also? Was he not actually destroying them? How was he "disposing" of them?? Where were those "pic's" going??

I see a lot of talk on the butter. Seriously, I'd say just-- it's really butter. (jmo)

I agree with you. On the other hand, this will likely be the biggest case of his life. Can court-appointed attorneys request additional lawyers be assigned or are they expected to use the resources available at their own office. This case must be eating up all their time. Has their other business ground to a standstill? Have they had to hire new lawyers, new assistants?

I also wondered about the judge who had to appoint an attorney. In order not to get the verdict thrown out and the taxpayers be required to pay for a new trial, the defendant must be provided with competent legal counsel. So, the judge was assigned this whopper of a case, then had to appoint an attorney he believed up to the challenge, right?

And we have Michael Brown handed one of the biggest cases in this country . . . maybe sometimes he rejoices.
I think court appointments go on a rotating or lottery type of basis. I wonder what their compensation is. They certainly don't do it for free but I doubt the state/county pays anything near their private rate.

I don't see how anyone would want to be a criminal lawyer. I wouldn't want to be a lawyer, at all, but if I had to, I'd pick real estate or something like that. What a drag dealing with criminals all the time and, if that's not bad enough, the random horrible murder cases.

My opinion only I think he started at 31 years of age. With big thoughts of doing bad things prior. He may have dabbled earlier but I think he only started after he planned and had the means to perpetuate his crimes.

The "photos" aspect of this is creeping me out to the umpteenth degree. SUPPLIES lists "photo film." As @iamshadow21 noted, this could be for Polaroid instant. But okay, in POST EVENT, "dispose of pic's." Okay. So... how "post-event" was he thinking? Why make the pics if you're not going to devote time to viewing? Because it looks like RH isn't going to have them long. (?) And why does it note in post event to "burn" gloves but "dispose of" these "pic's"?? Wouldn't he burn them also? Was he not actually destroying them? How was he "disposing" of them?? Where were those "pic's" going??

I see a lot of talk on the butter. Seriously, I'd say just-- it's really butter. (jmo)
2023 search/seize

NYPICHPDPICT000014214077.jpg

I don't know what he was expecting.

To a lot of people here who followed this case from the early days, its no surprise to find that Rex H killed those he's been accused of killing. Once they identified the bodies of all on Ocean Parkway and determined some also had parts at Manorville, it seemed obvious that one person had killed all of them and dumped them there. Ocean Parkway (Jones, Gilgo, Oak, Cedar Beaches) are in a fairly isolated area without a lot of homes or businesses around. There isn't much auto traffic at night because its very dark and there aren't many reasons for people to be going out there. The odds were so much against there being a second SK using the same roadside for dumping victims.
I had no idea about the geography of LI until just now. So, that's (Gilgo and other beach towns) essentially a barrier island or sand bar. Very remote and, I'll bet spooky driving out there at night. I'm also surprised there's such not over populated places near NYC. It's very beautiful.

Last edited:

My opinion only I think he started at 31 years of age. With big thoughts of doing bad things prior. He may have dabbled earlier but I think he only started after he planned and had the means to perpetuate his crimes.
He would have been 29 in 1993 though.

The whole "photo film " / "discard pics " thing has me completely baffled. I assume he was referring to polaroid insta-cam film ( but who knows, he could have had a dark room somewhere). Where I start to scratch my head is...I don't understand the point of taking pics only to dispose of them a few days later. That makes me wonder if his definition of "dispose" doesn't fit the actual meaning of the word. Or maybe when he refers to " pics " he means something other than pictures ? I dunno.

What year did his mother die?

Earlier I mentioned that I thought he looked "satisfied". (I don't know if you were mentioning my post or another one.) I think he is satisfied. And probably ok with things being discovered at this point. Because I think that in his mind, he'll still have the upper hand in that LE, the public, the victim's families will never know all the details. But, they do & will know enough to cause a lot of shock, horror, & pain. And while he will never be out to inflict this kind of torture & killing again, he will be satisfied in knowing how many, many, many lives he has ruined.

If they keep investigating, I think his body count is going to end up being very high. I wonder how often his family vacationed when he wasn't with them? Annually? For almost 30 years? Does that mean 30 victims? Or did he have victims prior to the existence of his current family? Does he have victims in other states when he himself was traveling?

The written info released today is just beyond words. No words. And I feel like it's just scratching the surface.

MOO.
Maybe he looks satisfied because he is now allowed a life he has always cherished most - that of being alone in his own mind. The amount and array of digital items taken from his house is absolutely astonishing. I am sure he had no time for conversations with his wife and kids and that when home he was strict in his expectations to be left alone with no disturbances while he traversed his own cerebral journeys using digital devices as a means to be in touch with his fantasies when he couldn’t actually be playing them out.

The whole "photo film " / "discard pics " thing has me completely baffled. I assume he was referring to polaroid insta-cam film ( but who knows, he could have had a dark room somewhere). Where I start to scratch my head is...I don't understand the point of taking pics only to dispose of them a few days later. That makes me wonder if his definition of "dispose" doesn't fit the actual meaning of the word. Or maybe when he refers to " pics " he means something other than pictures ? I dunno.
Was he on the front end of transferring them to computer files?

Scanners?

Would he have taken the pictures, transferred them to web sites of his choosing, then destroy the pictures after?
Now that would absolutely make sense, Warwick. I don't understand the process, but I don't really need to either. If that can be done ( and I'll take everyone's word for that ), then I think that's exactly what he did.

Would he have taken the pictures, transferred them to web sites of his choosing, then destroy the pictures after?
I'm thinking something like that. But he kept at least some film as the post upthread shows LE looking at pieces of film at his house.

He made a list but apparently didn't follow all the steps all the time.

jmo

When it comes to technology, I have an IQ of 2 (and that's being generous). How would that work, exactly ? I understand scanners, but how do you transfer a physical pic to a computer file ?

ETA: Sorry if that's a stupid question.
It is very easy to do now either with a scanner or simply taking a photo of something with your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe