Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he first dumped them at Manorville area because he was worried about getting caught. Once he realized he was getting away with it, he began dropping them at Gilgo Beach, where he could look across the bay and see where they were. I think he liked that, kind of like a souvenir. Some SK's like to take photos, make drawings, re-visit dump sites so they can relive the sexual thrill of the murders. BTK did it. He re-enacted some things, kept personal possessions of his victims, etc. Ted Bundy used to re-visit the dump sites of some of his victims and "have sex". He talked about it before he died. Like BTK, confessing the details was another way to relive it.

Some also speculated that Rex could revisit his Gilgo Beach dump sites by pretending to be duck hunting, taking his boat over there.

Yes! I think he even said as much to Barthelemy's sister in one of the phone calls.

But, did he bury head/hands on Gilgo at same time he discarded their torsos in Manorville?

Yes! I think he even said as much to Barthelemy's sister in one of the phone calls.

But, did he bury head/hands on Gilgo at same time he discarded their torsos in Manorville?

I don't know, but I've heard people speculate here that, once he established the Gilgo Beach dumping ground, he went to Manorville and retrieved "parts" and put them at Gilgo. He did that with some others, too.

imo:
RH's lawyer has to be shell shocked at this point.

I just looked up to see if he hired Michael Brown or was Brown court appointed.
Turns out he was court appointed.
Could he have turned down the case or tried to?
I don't remember ever being sympathetic for any defense lawyer in a high profile cases but I'm beginning to get little twinges for Brown.

Who is Rex Heuermann's lawyer? Suffolk County attorney ...​

1717886652381.png
MSN
http://www.msn.com › en-us › news › crime › who-is-r...

. Heuermann will have his day in court. He has been appointed a lawyer by the court, Michael Brown of Suffolk County, who has more than 25 years of experience ...

I don't know, but I've heard people speculate here that, once he established the Gilgo Beach dumping ground, he went to Manorville and retrieved "parts" and put them at Gilgo. He did that with some others, too.

Curious no one found those parts in Manorville earlier but maybe he had even more remote hiding places. Sheesh, this is such a sick case :(

imo:

I don't remember ever being sympathetic for any defense lawyer in a high profile cases but I'm beginning to get little twinges for Brown.

Who is Rex Heuermann's lawyer? Suffolk County attorney ...

View attachment 508867
MSN

. Heuermann will have his day in court. He has been appointed a lawyer by the court, Michael Brown of Suffolk County, who has more than 25 years of experience ...
I agree with you. On the other hand, this will likely be the biggest case of his life. Can court-appointed attorneys request additional lawyers be assigned or are they expected to use the resources available at their own office. This case must be eating up all their time. Has their other business ground to a standstill? Have they had to hire new lawyers, new assistants?

I also wondered about the judge who had to appoint an attorney. In order not to get the verdict thrown out and the taxpayers be required to pay for a new trial, the defendant must be provided with competent legal counsel. So, the judge was assigned this whopper of a case, then had to appoint an attorney he believed up to the challenge, right?

And we have Michael Brown handed one of the biggest cases in this country . . . maybe sometimes he rejoices.

I'm trying to find the date in April 1989' that RH & AE were married.

After reading earlier when someone said that he married AE as cover I wanted to see if they married in April after "Jane Doe #7 " Karen Vergata's remains were found on April 20th 1989 even though it only leaves 10 days in the konth.

Karen was last seen and/or heard from on 2-14-89

If need be RH could then invoke spousal privilege denying her testimony against him.

I never knew RH's attorney was court appointed. Doesn't a defendant have to show the court a certain level of financial need in order for the court to appoint a public defender ? I know Heuermann has debts, but I still don't understand. He owns his house, he owns his business, he owns his vehicles. he owns various properties...what the heck ?!

I never knew RH's attorney was court appointed. Doesn't a defendant have to show the court a certain level of financial need in order for the court to appoint a public defender ? I know Heuermann has debts, but I still don't understand. He owns his house, he owns his business, he owns his vehicles. he owns various properties...what the heck ?!
That's why his wife quickly filed for divorce, imo. For one thing, it protected all their assets from going to his legal fees and leaving her with nothing. And two, the divorce depleted his assets likely to the level where he cannot afford counsel.

(And, of course, I'd like to think she is divorcing him because he's an accused serial killer who used her vacation times to murder young women.)

jmopinion

I was just thinking about Occam's razor.
You don’t need 350+ electronic devices for 13 victims and p o r n, there are more victims.....moo
I absolutely agree with you regarding the possibility of there being more victims but I think some are overthinking the reasoning behind the plethora of electronics...

IMO there are two things to consider...One the shape of the house already shows a propensity to be messy and two is the likelihood that he was simply scared to dispose of ANY electronics old or new.

I believe his study of things like Mind Hunter both potentially helped and warped his perception.

imo:

Who is Rex Heuermann's lawyer? Suffolk County attorney ...

View attachment 508867
MSN

I don't know what he was expecting.

To a lot of people here who followed this case from the early days, its no surprise to find that Rex H killed those he's been accused of killing. Once they identified the bodies of all on Ocean Parkway and determined some also had parts at Manorville, it seemed obvious that one person had killed all of them and dumped them there. Ocean Parkway (Jones, Gilgo, Oak, Cedar Beaches) are in a fairly isolated area without a lot of homes or businesses around. There isn't much auto traffic at night because its very dark and there aren't many reasons for people to be going out there. The odds were so much against there being a second SK using the same roadside for dumping victims.

Curious no one found those parts in Manorville earlier but maybe he had even more remote hiding places. Sheesh, this is such a sick case :(
What if he had been stashing the important parts along Ocean Parkway so he could drive by? The parts in Manorville were discovered but not the ones along the parkway. He's aging and all the activity might be more difficult.

He's stopped dismembering. He had a location no one had discovered for many years, so he took his latest victims - complete remains - to his undiscovered site. And that was working.

Until Shannon Gilbert.

I'm trying to find the date in April 1989' that RH & AE were married.

After reading earlier when someone said that he married AE as cover I wanted to see if they married in April after "Jane Doe #7 " Karen Vergata's remains were found on April 20th 1989 even though it only leaves 10 days in the konth.

Karen was last seen and/or heard from on 2-14-89

If need be RH could then invoke spousal privilege denying her testimony against him.
"Tierney said Friday that Vergata went missing Feb. 14, 1996"

We've had his marriage dates in this thread: 1990 first marriage, Witness #3 and RH's mother both moved out of "Target Home" in 1993 -- see Bail Application

"Heuermann and Ellerup were married in April 1996, "https://edition.cnn.com/2023/07/20/...ect-rex-heuermann-wife-asa-ellerup/index.html

Sorry, now I see, but no day given.

I agree with you. On the other hand, this will likely be the biggest case of his life. Can court-appointed attorneys request additional lawyers be assigned or are they expected to use the resources available at their own office. This case must be eating up all their time. Has their other business ground to a standstill? Have they had to hire new lawyers, new assistants?

I also wondered about the judge who had to appoint an attorney. In order not to get the verdict thrown out and the taxpayers be required to pay for a new trial, the defendant must be provided with competent legal counsel. So, the judge was assigned this whopper of a case, then had to appoint an attorney he believed up to the challenge, right?

And we have Michael Brown handed one of the biggest cases in this country . . . maybe sometimes he rejoices.
Calling maamager.
I don't know about rejoicing because Brown knows when the trial date arrives one of his biggest jobs will be to try and humanize RH to the jury.

Are court-appointed lawyers appointed on a next on the list basis?
Reading Brown's resume in the link I posted I can only assume he wasn't appointed for his expertise.

When defense lawyers try to get a piece of evidence thrown out each piece is individually fought over by the defense and prosecution then the judge decides so I would think that everything listed in the 2 bail applications is up for grabs and the prosecution always holds back so more can be expected from them.
Plus all the documents Brown petitioned the prosecution for from the Burke/Spota days ?

From what I know about posters here since I arrived not too long ago is there are some who know a hell of a lot more about the LISK case then Brown & Co.

I would assume Brown can motion for help.

One small note: so far at least, RH is nowhere close to being the USA's most prolific serial killer. That "honor" goes to Samuel Little.

This is because, like RH, SL targeted sex workers, women with addictions, and other women on the fringes of society in the hope that no one would miss them. He also traveled around the country a lot, which helped him evade capture for decades.

He and RH are terrifying creatures. Little, at least, is hopefully in hell where he belongs.

I'd be curious to know how much RH's propensity for terrible spelling will end up helping LE in this case. I'm guessing quite a bit. One thing I noticed almost immediately is that he spells " disorganized " three separate times as " disorganizized ". That's an incredibly specific spelling error to repeat over and over.

Last edited:
"Tierney said Friday that Vergata went missing Feb. 14, 1996"

We've had his marriage dates in this thread: 1990 first marriage, Witness #3 and RH's mother both moved out of "Target Home" in 1993 -- see Bail Application

"Heuermann and Ellerup were married in April 1996, "https://edition.cnn.com/2023/07/20/...ect-rex-heuermann-wife-asa-ellerup/index.html

Sorry, now I see, but no day given.
Oh geez,,,thank you.
I need to stop reading/posting, I have no idea where I got the 86' from.

It's the same then for 1996.
What date in April 1996 were they married?

Not that it's been confirmed but there's also the John Ray witness LP who claims having been at the RH house with Karen around or on Feb 14,1996.

Maybe RH freaked when the news came that a body was discovered and quickly married ASA or he was already married?

I'd be curious to know how much RH's terrible spelling will end up helping LE in this case. I'm guessing quite a bit. One thing I noticed almost immediately is that he spells " disorganized " three separate times as " disorganizized ". That's an incredibly specific spelling error to repeat over and over.
Do you see his almost illegible handwriting in the letter he sent to H.F. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucysmom20