Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By looking on a map, the two ladies that JB was convicted of murdering are closer together, about a 15 min drive apart, and Sandra Costella is about a 30 minute drive further east.
MOO.
Yes, exactly. Rita and Colleen were both found not far from Manorville where Bittrolff lived. Sandra was found further east, past the Hamptons I believe.

Did JB confess to having had sex with both women or (paraphrasing) was it just his lawyer who said even if he did have sex with both women it doesn't mean he murdered them?
Who did the DNA testing on the JB case?
Spota was sure happy about the results.
I basically know nothing about the case and recently read about the Spota/Burke issues with it.
JB never confessed to having sex with either woman, that was what his lawyer said could be possible. I don't know who did the DNA testing, sorry.

I wasn't aware of this detail until just now - is anyone else struck by the potential Masonic link in symbology here...? It was the first thing that crossed my mind, exacerbated by the speculation around a potential web of these sickos collaborating and closing ranks to protect each others' interests...

Masonic link?

I'm not trying to be nasty, but since both women were sex workers, they likely had more than one client a day. Therefore, more than one semen sample. Just my opinion though.
How long can seaman that's found internally be tested for identification/comparison?

Did the 2 girls know each other,if they did there could have been a threesome with JB?

Before RH's arrest for Sandra was there a consensus that JB murdered both Coleen and Rita?

You're welcome! Shulman was a horror show and thankfully died of AIDS in prison. I worked hard to get "Yonkers Jane Doe" (Meresa) into NamUs and Yonkers PD identified her fairly recently. The detective on her case, John Geiss, was like an awesome one man cold case squad. He retired shortly after.
That was so awesome of you! I am sure that Meresa is looking down at both you and the John Geiss with much love and pride and I’m sure her loved ones and community are very grateful to you both for restoring her name and further procuring justice for her.

Diligent and caring detectives like John Geiss should be the standard even when they are always raising the bar in their tireless efforts for the victims. Your work is very inspirational and uplifting too and I thank you for sharing that with us.

Allegedly. Once in a blue moon you'll hear or read something about LE making a bust by going on the dark web but when there's any follow up, the sentences are pathetic. There was one case where employees of the Department Defense - over 1200 of them - were busted watching and/or d/ling kiddie you know what what and nobody went to prison that I was ever able to find.
I see some shocked reactions to this. Here's just one case of what I was referring to. There have been many others:

investigators identified 264 Defense employees or contractors who had purchased child *advertiser censored* online. Astonishingly, nine of those had "Top Secret Sensitive Compartmentalized Information" security clearances, meaning they had access to the nation's most sensitive secrets. All told, 76 of the individuals had Secret or higher clearances. But DCIS investigated only 52 of the suspects, and just 10 were ever charged with viewing or purchasing child xxxxxgraphy.
https://news.yahoo.com/news/blogs/u...child-*advertiser censored*.html?guccounter=1

How long can seaman that's found internally be tested for identification/comparison?

Did the 2 girls know each other,if they did there could have been a threesome with JB?

Before RH's arrest for Sandra was there a consensus that JB murdered both Coleen and Rita?
I wish I had any scientific knowledge to answer your question about the semen. I'm sure someone here will know. Some articles said the semen was found "on" and not "in" Rita and Colleen.

There was no indication that these 2 women knew each other. Yes, before RH, JB was convicted years ago for the murders of Rita & Colleen. I want to say it was in 2014, don't recall off the top of my head.

I wish I had any scientific knowledge to answer your question about the semen. I'm sure someone here will know. Some articles said the semen was found "on" and not "in" Rita and Colleen.

There was no indication that these 2 women knew each other. Yes, before RH, JB was convicted years ago for the murders of Rita & Colleen. I want to say it was in 2014, don't recall off the top of my head.
Thanks again and your info is appreciated.

That was so awesome of you! I am sure that Meresa is looking down at both you and the John Geiss with much love and pride and I’m sure her loved ones and community are very grateful to you both for restoring her name and further procuring justice for her.

Diligent and caring detectives like John Geiss should be the standard even when they are always raising the bar in their tireless efforts for the victims. Your work is very inspirational and uplifting too and I thank you for sharing that with us.
Thank you so much. I'm actually in touch with her brother's wife, who kindly provided family photos of Meresa - she looked exactly like Carl's recon.

There aren't enough good things to say about Det. Geiss. He also got justice for Pamela Graddick's unsolved murder right before retirement. He's just an unrelenting force. I had called him about something and he said he was out of town in Michigan on business - turns out he was there to collect DNA from Meresa's siblings to get her ID'd. If SCPD had members like Geiss, LISK would have been solved long ago.

Thank you so much. I'm actually in touch with her brother's wife, who kindly provided family photos of Meresa - she looked exactly like Carl's recon.

There aren't enough good things to say about Det. Geiss. He also got justice for Pamela Graddick's unsolved murder right before retirement. He's just an unrelenting force. I had called him about something and he said he was out of town in Michigan on business - turns out he was there to collect DNA from Meresa's siblings to get her ID'd. If SCPD had members like Geiss, LISK would have been solved long ago.
My condolences to the families of both Meresa and Pamela Graddick.

And congratulations to Detective Geiss on his retirement. He deserves to enjoy every moment of it.

Not at all! I ask a lot of questions all the time - my mother always asks why my favorite word is "why?" LOL. I'm happy to answer any questions re JB because I followed the case closely.
I have to shout out the knowledgeable people on this thread who have followed the case for so long. I admit I didn't follow it at all until RH's arrest (other than reading occasional headlines over the years) and I tend to pop in only when there is something major like last Thursday's hearing. Sometimes when people pop into an ongoing thread, there is a clique-y vibe. But on this thread, I have found the opposite. People are really willing to answer questions, kindly correct misinformation, etc.

Just wanted to say it's noticed and appreciated.

And....I have a feeling this thread will be going for a few more years.

jmo

Which shows NYS enters a suspect/defendant's DNA into databases before a possible conviction.

I disagree.

Bittrolff's brother was convicted of a misdemeanor... that's how his DNA was in the system. Testing revealed that DNA was genetically related to DNA/semen from McNamee & Tangredi.

From news report:

The trail that police said led to Bittrolff began with a DNA sample submitted by his brother Timothy Bittrolff following his misdemeanor conviction for violating an order of protection in 2013.

After the analysis of the sample indicated it was a partial match to DNA left on the two dead women, investigators looked at Timothy Bittrolff's brothers.

First, they retrieved a cigarette butt that one brother, Kevin Bittrolff, had tossed from his car. But his DNA wasn't a match.

Investigators then set up a camera outside John Bittrolff's home. When he left nine bags of trash outside, they swooped in.

Last edited:
All speculation, imo, fwiw
Did RH ever mention condoms?
Did he adjust his methods of killing and disposing of victims (Asian male?) to accommodate any fears he may have had regarding HIV/STDs?
Did he worry about passing anything on to those close to him?
Did he find a way to check prospective victims health records?
When he taunted family members of his victims, he referred to their loved ones with that nasty old-fashioned word, who..s, was he ever taunted for his ironically descriptive name?
Apr 16, 1990 Heidi Evans rbbm
''NEW YORK - A study that tested nearly 950 New York City streetwalkers found that a third of them were carrying the AIDS virus, one of the highest rates of infection ever found among U.S. prostitutes.
The nine-month study, paid for by the state Health Department and the federal Centers for Disease Control, tested streetwalkers in 18 neighborhoods in the five boroughs between April and December of last year.''

2008 By Patricia Fieldsteel rbbm
''Most of the girls (a term they preferred to “women”) worked the Lower East Side around Allen and Delancey. Many were well educated; they were also among the dirtiest and most degraded of the working girls. Diana had been an upper-class British vet, specializing in horses. Another had been a dentist. Julie, a petite redhead, had as identification a New York Public Library card. She got tested but refused to learn her results. Chiara came from a wealthy Milanese family and had battled severe anorexia and bulimia for more than 10 years. She’d sought treatment in a New York City eating disorders hospital where another patient had told her heroin stopped bulimia. Nothing, she said, was worse than the hell of bulimia, not even ending up homeless, hooking to pay for her next fix. In early 1990, Julie disappeared. Then others. Not unusual. Sometime in 1991, the girls on the Lower East Side started whispering about a pervert who killed. Street prostitutes are murdered all the time.

During the winter of 1989, a working girl entered the van on Broadway in the 90s. Trembling, she showed me her savagely bruised neck and pointed to a collegiate-looking guy in aviator glasses: “He tried to strangle me during sex. He’s tried on other girls, too.”

Not sure if this got answered later, but Joel Rifkin, who also wore aviator-style eyeglasses and strangled women, killed a sex worker named Julie Blackbird in 1990. Her body was never found. He killed 17 women between 1989 and 1993 in and around New York City and Long Island. There doesn't seem to be much information out there about Julie Blackbird, so I'm not sure if she was a redhead, but the timing would fit her and the description of the abusive john could have fit Rifkin at that time, though he was in his early 30s by then.

EDIT: Yeah, found her on FindAGrave and that was probably her. :( Julia Elizabeth “Julie” Blackbird (1961-1990) -...

Last edited:
Not sure if this got answered later, but Joel Rifkin, who also wore aviator-style eyeglasses and strangled women, killed a sex worker named Julie Blackbird in 1990. Her body was never found. He killed 17 women between 1989 and 1993 in and around New York City and Long Island. There doesn't seem to be much information out there about Julie Blackbird, so I'm not sure if she was a redhead, but the timing would fit her and the description of the abusive john could have fit Rifkin at that time, though he was in his early 30s by then.

Yikes.

Was he RH's inspiration?

BBM:
It's been 10 months since AE filed for divorce and it was reported that RH wasn't fighting it.
I haven't seen any updates about it.
If she remains married to him she can't be compelled to testify at the trial so this is a big wait and see,I'm going with she'll hang on to being married throughout,however long it takes.

Macedonio said she filed to protect her assets/$$$$.

IMO:
She doesn't seem too bothered by the charges filed against him because she visits him quite often,

Rex Heuermann's wife Asa Ellerup filed for divorce 'to ...

View attachment 508968
Daily Mail
https://www.dailymail.co.uk › news › article-12361051

Aug 1, 2023 — Rex Heuermann's wife Asa Ellerup filed for divorce 'to protect herself' from future lawsuits and has spoken to him in jail, lawyer confirms.

do you have a source for 'she visits him quite often'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95