Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies if this has been answered here before ~ I know Peaches torso was found separately from some of her extremities ~ torso found in Rubbermaid container at Hempstead Lake Park, missing head, both arms and both legs below the knee.

What remains of Peaches were found along Ocean Pkwy? I believe her head was never found. Based on the remains that were recovered, has her approximate height and weight ever determined?
To the best of my knowledge, none.

This Newsweek article states they got married in 1996 and their daughter was born a year later. There's more specific info out there, though.

It is possible to think someone may have been protected and the case left open until an innocent could be accused.

On the other hand, it's also a huge coincidence that JB's DNA was found on both murdered women. From the way the DNA was discovered through familial DNA from the brother, it doesn't sound as though JB was targeted and "fitted up" from the beginning.

Since Sgt. Joe mentioned that for him the brother's testimony about helping move a body was convincing, I'm leaning in that direction too.

But with RH's indictment, lost evidence and the possibility of the brother's testimony being coerced by a corrupt DA, can we be certain "beyond a reasonable doubt"?
Am grateful you're mentioning this again. I'm going to have to watch the more current episodes on that show because I cannot find this anyplace else, and that would do it for me as well. There's not much out in the media on the JB case at all, jmo.

Or knowing the avalanche like the back of his hand. Don’t need to “get to know” a new and different car. Especially if you are concealing things. Or he could also really not like change. Imo

Or because it was the vehicle that best fit his height and girth. He is extraordinarily tall and broad, every vehicle's interior dimensions are somewhat different. Some vechicles better accommodate people with a long torso, others better accommodate people with long legs. So it could be as simple as it was the one that fit him the best physically.

MOO.

Agree, the timing of Karen Vergata's case is very interesting, if RH is responsible for her death. That close to RH and Asa's wedding makes it unlikely, but not impossible that AH was out of town. It's also possible she had her own apartment and not yet living with Rex.

I doubt Asa will ever testify against her husband. If he's ever connected to Karen's case, it will have to be with additional evidence.
Maybe asa went away on a bachelorette party

I remember to have read, that he knew AE from school already. I've found no link. It seems to have disappeared ....
Could be both: knowing from school and getting into more contact at the 24/7.
Did she like the things, he bought, and noticed, that they were on the same wavelength? ;)
BBM:

"Did she like the things, he bought, and noticed, that they were on the same wavelength? ;)"

"The wife of the alleged Gilgo Beach killer loved comic book conventions and planning vacations — but hated shopping in large crowds and cold weather, according to a long-dormant Twitter account.Jul 15, 2023

Gilgo Beach murder suspect Rex Heuermann's wife loved ...​

New York Post
https://nypost.com › 2023/07/15 › gilgo-beach-murder-...

It is possible to think someone may have been protected and the case left open until an innocent could be accused.

On the other hand, it's also a huge coincidence that JB's DNA was found on both murdered women. From the way the DNA was discovered through familial DNA from the brother, it doesn't sound as though JB was targeted and "fitted up" from the beginning.

Since Sgt. Joe mentioned that for him the brother's testimony about helping move a body was convincing, I'm leaning in that direction too.

But with RH's indictment, lost evidence and the possibility of the brother's testimony being coerced by a corrupt DA, can we be certain "beyond a reasonable doubt"?
If JB had no dna to test and they got him through familial dna , then Why didn't they do that with RH?
Also I read in Murder Inc that someone was charged with changing DNA samples!

BBM:

"Did she like the things, he bought, and noticed, that they were on the same wavelength? ;)"

"The wife of the alleged Gilgo Beach killer loved comic book conventions and planning vacations — but hated shopping in large crowds and cold weather, according to a long-dormant Twitter account.Jul 15, 2023

Gilgo Beach murder suspect Rex Heuermann's wife loved ...

New York Post
https://nypost.com › 2023/07/15 › gilgo-beach-murder-...
That article should have left her spelling errors intact. :D

JMO

I remember to have read, that he knew AE from school already. I've found no link. It seems to have disappeared ....
Could be both: knowing from school and getting into more contact at the 24/7.
Did she like the things, he bought, and noticed, that they were on the same wavelength? ;)
I've read articles stating AE went to Farmingdale High School, a different school in a different town than RH.

Agree, the timing of Karen Vergata's case is very interesting, if RH is responsible for her death. That close to RH and Asa's wedding makes it unlikely, but not impossible that AH was out of town. It's also possible she had her own apartment and not yet living with Rex.

I doubt Asa will ever testify against her husband. If he's ever connected to Karen's case, it will have to be with additional evidence.
I thought the witness said that AE was at the home the night KV was there they were having a swingers party, the cop had sex with RH and told witness they were playing a game when she saw KV at window.

That article should have left her spelling errors intact. :D

JMO
Why did she choose "Eleven Maiden"?
Clairvoyant? s/

"The remains of 11 people were found in and around Gilgo Beach on Long Island's South Shore, New York between 1993 and 2011, in a series of killings known as the Gilgo Beach serial killings. The first remains were discovered in April 1996, when a pair of severed legs wrapped in plastic were found on Fire Island, and the woman became known as "Fire Island Jane Doe". The search for a missing sex worker in 2010 led to the discovery of the remains of the other 10 people. "

If JB had no dna to test and they got him through familial dna , then Why didn't they do that with RH?
Also I read in Murder Inc that someone was charged with changing DNA samples!
WOW! just wow. The problem is that if DNA had been changed, why not change in all 3 the DA wanted solved, not just two?

They could not do familial DNA on RH because no one in his family had DNA in their file. No one close to him had been arrested and convicted of a suitable crime since the DNA collection began, is the way I understand it. Only after RH's arrest and court-ordered DNA swabbing was his DNA available for comparison to DNA found at crime scenes.

What concerns me is that since apparently several DNA samples were on both victims that with the "Lost Evidence" something that would have identified RH with the victims has been lost or thrown away.

However, the more I learn about JB's cases, the more I believe he was well charged and convicted. He is basically new to me.

I've read articles stating AE went to Farmingdale High School, a different school in a different town than RH.
They both could have attended BOCES together which sent students from
Massapequa Farmingdale
Levittown. I previously stated it was at carmans road school but I was wrong that was a facility for the handicapped. My apologies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member