Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: description of the similarities between Bittrolff's victims and Sandra from article in July 2014:

"But officials now say they are also investigating whether Bittrolff may be linked to third cold case in Suffolk County, the December 1993 murder of Sandra Castilla in Southampton, N.Y.

Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota said that the condition of the body and the position in which it was found make Bittrolff a suspect, as does an item of clothing that was missing from all three bodies. Spota would not specific which item of clothing was missing."

Also:

Re: someone wondering if evidence from the two women Bittrolff was accused of killing. AT his trial, the defense attorney said that "148 items of evidence in Ms. McNamee’s case were mistakenly thrown away and 18 items of evidence from Ms. Tangeni’s case also were destroyed." And the prosecutor agreed with that statement.

How the case against JB wasn't dismissed or a mistrial declared with all that evidence gone is mindbogglingly.
Or on appeal a new trial.

Re: description of the similarities between Bittrolff's victims and Sandra from article in July 2014:

"But officials now say they are also investigating whether Bittrolff may be linked to third cold case in Suffolk County, the December 1993 murder of Sandra Castilla in Southampton, N.Y.

Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota said that the condition of the body and the position in which it was found make Bittrolff a suspect, as does an item of clothing that was missing from all three bodies. Spota would not specific which item of clothing was missing."

Also:

Re: someone wondering if evidence from the two women Bittrolff was accused of killing. AT his trial, the defense attorney said that "148 items of evidence in Ms. McNamee’s case were mistakenly thrown away and 18 items of evidence from Ms. Tangeni’s case also were destroyed." And the prosecutor agreed with that statement.

Almost 170 pieces of evidence "missing" or destroyed? How even? I'm kind of worried for JB.

I don't know if his videos are allowed here but True Crime Nathan Adams just did a video on RH's date book for the days when "wife" was vacationing in Vermont and Manorville shooting range/club (?) was entered 2 x from July 20-27th.
This is the Jessica Taylor timeline of phone call with mom on the 21st, reported missing on the 25th and found on the 26th.
Also a witness seeing his truck hours before on the late 25-26 (?) in wooded area where she was found.
Adams speculates that JT was being held in RH's house while wife was away and he went to work for scheduled meetings and was in Manorville 2 x..gun related.

Adam's YouTube video came on my TV after another video I had been watching, I have no idea is he's respected or not in the crime world.

oh no that's so upsetting
all this time I've been hoping none of the victims were held and that whatever happened happened fast

Well, he will probably have his day in court. There's probably still DNA evidence as it was used again to indict Rex Heuermann.
I pray so. I never knew about this missing evidence. Now with RH being charged with Sandra's murder, plus Rita's daughter being friends with Melissa Barthelemy, is really grinding in my brain that JB could be an innocent man.

This does seem to be technically true, but "unclothed but has all of her clothing nearby except her left shoe" and "partially wearing a shirt but missing the rest of her clothing, including her left shoe" don't really match up for me.

I think the shirt(s) were up over her head so almost not on the body

I pray so. I never knew about this missing evidence. Now with RH being charged with Sandra's murder, plus Rita's daughter being friends with Melissa Barthelemy, is really grinding in my brain that JB could be an innocent man.

can't imagine
but also can't think of a simple explanation for the same pose, same left shoe missing

Almost 170 pieces of evidence "missing" or destroyed? How even? I'm kind of worried for JB.

It looks like this is all the wood particles (not actually chips, it looks like?) collected from both scenes, and wood shavings from a police officer's vehicle.

Since Bittrolff’s arrest in 2014, Assistant District Attorney Robert Biancavilla has said more than 150 “wood chips” found on the bodies were evidence against Bittrolff because of his profession. He said they reflected his “signature style” of killing.

But none of the crime scene responders testified about seeing any woods chips on either body. And forensic scientist Thomas Zaveski testified earlier that the items — recovered from the victims’ clothing, rather than their naked bodies — were actually minute particles, visible only as specks.

In the years since the killings, all the particles from McNamee’s crime scene were destroyed. Police have testified it was because of paperwork errors, but defense attorney William Keahon of Hauppauge has said it was deliberate, to protect a sergeant under investigation whose police car had wood shavings in it.

However, the police officer, Michael Murphy, was allegedly cleared by DNA (as were other suspects, including another police officer implicated by his wife).

During questioning by Assistant District Attorney Robert Biancavilla, Baumann said a semen stain on McNamee’s stretch pants, found near her body, contained DNA from “at least three individuals.” Those DNA profiles did not match McNamee, Bittrolff or any of the dozens of other men whose DNA was examined over the years, Baumann said.

Baumann discussed some of those other men whose DNA he tested. They included Frank Beinlich, Tangredi’s husband, who reportedly had threatened to kill her and then said he did after she disappeared.

They also included two Suffolk police officers who were investigated as suspects. One was Officer Teddy Hart, who was fired in 2001 and pleaded guilty to aggravated harassment after an investigation showed he called women and threatened to rape and mutilate them.

The other was then-Sgt. Michael Murphy — since promoted to lieutenant. There has been no testimony about why he was a suspect in 1998.

Still shady.

I also don’t think he has intercourse with them. Too risky for transfer of DNA.
Well, okay, normally would agree wholeheartedly on this, and still think it's "probably" the case. But this guy was constantly going to sex workers, I'd assume he'd be having sexual contact of some kind with these many, many other workers who were not killed. I think if not, we'd have heard about it (probably?) And I remember at one point in the bail doc he was talking with one worker about "bed info." I still tend to agree no intercourse with actual victims, at least in his early murders. That means in my mind that he picked out victims in advance for his murders and made sure he avoided intercourse. And if true, that's an interesting piece of information. Did he target workers he had visited before that he felt had in some way "slighted" him in the past? I would guess this would be the case with Amber. Did he go solely by size? That would be the case with all the victims, really, they were all on the very petite/small side (correct me if wrong on that). We'd want more info about the workers who survived RH to know how he selected his murder victims. Did workers "slight" him before intercourse, and he "spur of the moment" decided to kill them?
I think the discrepancy for me is this: How could all three of these women be staged in the same fashion (with the left shoe missing, wood shavings left at the site, in a similar position, and all murdered within a 3-month span) and yet, RH is now charged with one of those murders and JB the other two. How could all those things be a coincidence?
MOO.
Agreed, I'm starting to think it couldn't be a coincidence as well. I suppose the possibility still does exist that he was tailoring the murders to Bittrolff's style/circumstances so Bittrolff would be blamed. But those two really might have had some kind of actual association. Agreed with others on here that a bunker might really exist. OR a cabin in a remote location. Some makeshift structure.

This guy's enough to make you physically sick. I had a rough time listening to Cottingham, he'd be switching pretty quickly at some points from talking about pizza to murdering people. RH seems like the same type. He's got his "HK" doc and ruined hundreds of lives, but at the same time lamenting his lack of butter.

It looks like this is all the wood particles (not actually chips, it looks like?) collected from both scenes, and wood shavings from a police officer's vehicle.

However, the police officer, Michael Murphy, was allegedly cleared by DNA (as were other suspects, including another police officer implicated by his wife).

Still shady.
Am I reading this right? DNA on Colleen McNamee did NOT match JB??

JB's DNA was a full match to the semen found on both victims he was convicted of killing. He's not innocent.

JB's DNA was a full match to the semen found on both victims he was convicted of killing. He's not innocent.
His semen shows he had sex with them. That alone is not proof of murder. Why did evidence get lost and destroyed? Why were wood chips found in that cop car? Why is RH being charged with Sandra? I don't mean any of this as an argument to you, but any lawyer could use this as an argument as to why JB isn't a murderer.

His semen shows he had sex with them. That alone is not proof of murder. Why did evidence get lost and destroyed? Why were wood chips found in that cop car? Why is RH being charged with Sandra? I don't mean any of this as an argument to you, but any lawyer could use this as an argument as to why JB isn't a murderer.
Well if he's the last person they had sex with it puts him as probably the last person to see them alive. The evidence being lost or destroyed unfortunately happens way too often. Look at all the rape kits stored in horrible conditions/enviroments which make them useless, even if LE was to finally process them. There must be a goog reason why RH is now being charged for killing JT. Was there a press conference?

Well, okay, normally would agree wholeheartedly on this, and still think it's "probably" the case. But this guy was constantly going to sex workers, I'd assume he'd be having sexual contact of some kind with these many, many other workers who were not killed. I think if not, we'd have heard about it (probably?) And I remember at one point in the bail doc he was talking with one worker about "bed info." I still tend to agree no intercourse with actual victims, at least in his early murders. That means in my mind that he picked out victims in advance for his murders and made sure he avoided intercourse. And if true, that's an interesting piece of information. Did he target workers he had visited before that he felt had in some way "slighted" him in the past? I would guess this would be the case with Amber. Did he go solely by size? That would be the case with all the victims, really, they were all on the very petite/small side (correct me if wrong on that). We'd want more info about the workers who survived RH to know how he selected his murder victims. Did workers "slight" him before intercourse, and he "spur of the moment" decided to kill them?

Agreed, I'm starting to think it couldn't be a coincidence as well. I suppose the possibility still does exist that he was tailoring the murders to Bittrolff's style/circumstances so Bittrolff would be blamed. But those two really might have had some kind of actual association. Agreed with others on here that a bunker might really exist. OR a cabin in a remote location. Some makeshift structure.

This guy's enough to make you physically sick. I had a rough time listening to Cottingham, he'd be switching pretty quickly at some points from talking about pizza to murdering people. RH seems like the same type. He's got his "HK" doc and ruined hundreds of lives, but at the same time lamenting his lack of butter.
”Small is good” seems to be related to the suspension bondage - gravity dictates that a smaller person would live longer - eh don’t want to get more into how - And that would extend the play time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member