Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the impression that this task force is rushing anything. We hear about enough to indict, but the majority of evidence is being held for the trial, I suspect.
I agree, there is no rush at this point for the task force. RH is behind bars. The task force has time to assemble strong cases and then make charges....and this could go on for years, imo.

With his arrest last summer, they did have to make a fast move because they were concerned he was about to strike again. Now that he's in jail, the public is not in danger and time is on LE's side.

jmo

We really need a better link than an link to a page of links, some of which have five or six pages themselves. Somebody out there in Sleuthland who has time to go through those pages, please reply with the correct link, please.

Thanks,
Knitty
@Knitty , the pictures seem to be from this album, click all the way to page six of six.

Did y’all see these? Sorry if this has been posted already.

<mod note - some photos have been removed as they included people unrelated to this case who do not deserve to end up on a page discussing a *potential* serial killer>

Here are blurred-out versions of the removed photos.

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 60
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 60
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 60
We really need a better link than an link to a page of links, some of which have five or six pages themselves. Somebody out there in Sleuthland who has time to go through those pages, please reply with the correct link, please.

Thanks,
Knitty

Well, I found at least one photo within the Peconic link on that page that surely resembles RH! IMO
The photo looks like younger RH (and these pics are from 2006)

Since they aren't identified via the site... it would likely break rules to post (or would it?) Please advise. **I will share via pm with you @Knitty And, I've self reported this post.

I pray so. I never knew about this missing evidence. Now with RH being charged with Sandra's murder, plus Rita's daughter being friends with Melissa Barthelemy, is really grinding in my brain that JB could be an innocent man.
can't imagine
but also can't think of a simple explanation for the same pose, same left shoe missing

I think it is very safe to assume that JB is responsible for the two murders he was convicted of.

“Three women killed in similar fashion within three months. “There was no semen in Sandra Costilla,” said Sgt. Leser. “But like Tangredi and McNamee her left shoe was missing”

Re: Tandregi and McNamee… “detectives discovered semen in both women. In one victim it was present anally and vaginally”. “Both women were brutally beaten and strangled,” said Leser. “He crushed their skulls and choked them to death”. “Detectives knew that whoever did it had a lot of rage,” said Leser. “The beatings were savage. Then their bodies were staged exactly alike with each victims arms placed behind her back, legs spread wide apart, and a left shoe missing from each victim. ‘Each had wood chips, or wood shavings trace evidence on them”.

“Detectives also thought the same killer was likely responsible for the third murder of Costilla, of Queens, whose beaten and strangled body was found staged in the same manner in the woods of North Sea on November 20, 1993. Three women killed in similar fashion within three months. "There was no semen in Sandra Costilla said Sgt. Leser. "But like Tangredi and McNamee her left shoe was missing."

Re: direct connection between JB and RT and CM. “When semen enters a woman’s body her system reacts as if it's a foreign invader and attacks it… in order for as much spermatozoa with tails still attached to be present on each victim meant that she must have died within hours of the sex. And the DNA in the semen in both cases belonged to JB”.

Differences with SC:
  • No semen found
  • Arms outstretched over head, not placed behind back
  • Sharp force injuries to face, torso, breasts, left thigh, and vaginal area (sex replacement)

My husband is Suffolk County Corrections. No code. He really wasn't getting butter on his bread.
HAH. So I was right.

Those reality tv shows I watched on Netflix were accurate in that regard. They really do spend all the time cussin', talking on the toilet, and complaining about the food.

MOO

JB's victims had been raped anally, strangled and viciously beaten, blunt force. That does not appear to be the case with Costilla. JB's DNA was found under Tangredi's fingernails, and one of JB's former workmates said that he saw McNamee's ID in his truck. There was also blood. When he asked JB about it, JB said that a sex worker had tried to rob him. There seems to be a sizeable amount of people who want to believe that JB was stitched up, but I'm not seeing it. He was never charged with Costilla's murder. They only looked at him for it.
I have never before heard the detail of the victims being sodomized nor the ID in his car. Is there a source for this?

I think the discrepancy for me is this: How could all three of these women be staged in the same fashion (with the left shoe missing, wood shavings left at the site, in a similar position, and all murdered within a 3-month span) and yet, RH is now charged with one of those murders and JB the other two. How could all those things be a coincidence?
MOO.

It is a pretty STRANGE coincidence, isn't it?
I still wonder if RH had a friend who was a cop/detective or drank at a bar/social club and would ask questions or eavesdrop.
The other possibility is he or chatted with JB at some point, and were causal or close friends. Or chatted online with each other?

It is a pretty STRANGE coincidence, isn't it?
I still wonder if RH had a friend who was a cop/detective or drank at a bar/social club and would ask questions or eavesdrop.
The other possibility is he or chatted with JB at some point, and were causal or close friends. Or chatted online with each other?
RH had a police scanner, didn't he? I thought I remember hearing about it being removed during the first search. If this is a hobby of his, he may have been listening the night one of the bodies was found and it was info mentioned by one of the 1st responders? Or maybe I'm imagining I remember it...

Concerned on the Bittrolff conviction, I agree with his lawyer that semen doesn't equate with murder. Someone on here noted at one point that there was evidence beyond this, but I've been trying to confirm there's more than the woodchips and the semen and finding it difficult. Just found this: "Mr. Biancavilla said outside court that he believes Mr. Bittrolff may have killed other women. He said he was prepared to present evidence provided to his office of Mr. Bittrolff brutalizing animals..."
It's not originally what I was looking for, but it sounds like good support. Also seeing that the JB victims were savagely beaten, I mean absolutely horrific. I'd say that's not like RH-- but Asian Doe was also beaten savagely, and with some of RH's victims, it's probably not really possible to know. JB's jury deliberated seven days and was deadlocked.

Is it really possible Sandra Costilla was posed because RH wanted her to be seen to implicate Bittrolff? Rita Tangredi was found Nov 2. Sandra Costilla was found Nov 20. Colleen McNamee was found in January '94. Assuming RH got wind of the murder of Rita Tangredi, it seems like that would give him very little time for efficient "copycatting"-- unless he'd already been murdering for a very long time (which I think he was). Even then, it seems unlikely to me. And would enough of details have been released for that to even be possible?

What I'd fear here more than anything is that RH knew "of" JB somehow and knew which sex workers JB frequented, RH tracked them, killed them, and figured if anything ever surfaced, they'd blame Bittrolff. While I would fear that, I find it unlikely. I would more think it likely that Bittrolff had some real, concrete association w/RH. Which also terrifies me.

I also feel as if RH was aware of JB or knew him IRL or chatted with him online.

RH had a police scanner, didn't he? I thought I remember hearing about it being removed during the first search. If this is a hobby of his, he may have been listening the night one of the bodies was found and it was info mentioned by one of the 1st responders? Or maybe I'm imagining I remember it...
That is a good point.

jmo

That is a good point.

jmo
He listed a police scanner as something to get to solve 'problems', but we don't know if he actually got one.

Would first responders mention explicit details of a crime scene on channels they know are listened to by members of the public, especially reporters?

MOO

I would think that if it was ever mentioned anywhere how Tangredi and McNamee were posed, local reporters would have gotten their hands on that info.

JMO (and it may be niave, I don't know. )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader