Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He listed a police scanner as something to get to solve 'problems', but we don't know if he actually got one.

Would first responders mention explicit details of a crime scene on channels they know are listened to by members of the public, especially reporters?

MOO

I assumed he would be listening to a scanner to verify locations of LE so he would know good times or not to be out disposing of remains (depending on where various LE were reporting their locations), if anyone reported a suspicious vehicle after he had been out dumping, if a neighbor called in a noise complaint, etc. Imo.

He listed a police scanner as something to get to solve 'problems', but we don't know if he actually got one.

Would first responders mention explicit details of a crime scene on channels they know are listened to by members of the public, especially reporters?

MOO
Ahhh.. that's where I heard it. I'm just wracking my brain trying to find a link between them.
And not that they would mention over the radio how the victims were posed, but maybe something like "DOA female nude with one left shoe". Not so much the pose but identifying details.
But the more I think about it, the more it feels unlikely.

Source:
The simple answer is yes, you can drive onto Fire Island. Whether you should, however, is a whole different question. Cars aren't allowed on the majority of the island - you can drive to one of two state parks but you aren't allowed to exit them by car. The better option is to drive to a Long Island port, hop on a ferry and travel to Fire Island on foot.

You can drive from Long Island onto Fire Island over bridges at either end to the Robert Moses State Park and Smith Point County Park. You cannot drive onto or through the majority of the island and can only access it on foot by taking a ferry.

Another source:
You can access the Fire Island Lighthouse, Wilderness Visitor Center, and William Floyd Estate year-round by car. The Fire Island Lighthouse and Wilderness Visitor Center are located on Fire Island and are open throughout the year. Get Directions.

There are no paved roads on Fire Island National Seashore. Once on Fire Island, you may explore the island on foot or transfer from one site to another by water taxi. Bicycles are permitted in some Fire Island communities but are not permitted on boardwalks at National Park Service facilities. Learn more about Getting Around Fire Island.
Wow okay maybe not a dump site then over there.

I am guessing that they had some similarities beyond just timing for law enforcement to connect them for so long, and like I said, I haven't seen any court documents describing how Rita and Colleen were found so maybe it's more similar than it comes across. But yeah. I am not convinced based on what I've been able to find.
Yes!^^ And it has been posted above somewhere I won’t find….. maybe a touch of copy cat or reading what others were doing? Viewing media reports of other located victims that he likely knew were not his own, if any? To try and disguise his own signature characteristics? Or align them with someone else’s markings? And as others have noted….. did he maybe have a source somewhere within LE. Just saw pictures this morning here of RH in hunting gear, in an hunt club?, and IIRC he might have judged a shooting competition or the like?

Maybe there is also some search history or key strokes in all those devices that will tell something? And as difficult as it is to read here…… can only wonder what the investigators are having to sift through? Sad to ponder and to be honest, I am not able to read all his released doings. (So a thank you to those here that are doing so….. it can’t be easy.) :(

Also have to wonder and consider, that RH the accused suspect probably had little idea that some 20 or 30 years later…… that DNA, hair fibers, computer forensic files, and located ‘writings’ would help cement his current predicament. Wonder what other links and ties will be found?

Will also be interesting to see how the slated docu-drama will cover this and with input from others. MOO

My husband is Suffolk County Corrections. No code. He really wasn't getting butter on his bread.

My previous post is going to go down as the dumbest thing I've ever posted on Websleuths. :D So funny that he would expect butter. He's about to go down for at LEAST six murders, but that's what concerns him.

Sadly, I can't remember which victim but I think only one foot (along with skull) was located buried on Gilgo (Fire Island or Hempstead remains, IIRC). I'm hoping someone else remembers this as well... I'm thinking this could be important whether it was right or left foot considering how some victims were posed.

Sadly, I can't remember which victim but I think only one foot (along with skull) was located buried on Gilgo (Fire Island or Hempstead remains, IIRC). I'm hoping someone else remembers this as well... I'm thinking this could be important whether it was right or left foot considering how some victims were posed.
Valerie Mack's head, hands and right foot (cut high above the ankle) were found on Cedar Beach. It's thought her right foot or ankle may have had a tattoo(or other unique characteristic like a scar or birthmark), so it was removed along with her head and hands to hinder identification.

MOO

Valerie Mack's head, hands and right foot (cut high above the ankle) were found on Cedar Beach. It's thought her right foot or ankle may have had a tattoo(or other unique characteristic like a scar or birthmark), so it was removed along with her head and hands to hinder identification.

MOO

Thank you!!

Source:
The simple answer is yes, you can drive onto Fire Island. Whether you should, however, is a whole different question. Cars aren't allowed on the majority of the island - you can drive to one of two state parks but you aren't allowed to exit them by car. The better option is to drive to a Long Island port, hop on a ferry and travel to Fire Island on foot.

You can drive from Long Island onto Fire Island over bridges at either end to the Robert Moses State Park and Smith Point County Park. You cannot drive onto or through the majority of the island and can only access it on foot by taking a ferry.

Another source:
You can access the Fire Island Lighthouse, Wilderness Visitor Center, and William Floyd Estate year-round by car. The Fire Island Lighthouse and Wilderness Visitor Center are located on Fire Island and are open throughout the year. Get Directions.

There are no paved roads on Fire Island National Seashore. Once on Fire Island, you may explore the island on foot or transfer from one site to another by water taxi. Bicycles are permitted in some Fire Island communities but are not permitted on boardwalks at National Park Service facilities. Learn more about Getting Around Fire Island.
Yes! And perhaps why RH obtained that Chevrolet Avalanche? High ground clearance and likely 4-wheel drive. Better for rough undeveloped terrain IMO. Plus a large hidden covered cargo area. Wonder if his MO and locations, etc changed around that time? Wonder what vehicles had he driven before? MOO

Thank you!!
No problem!

It probably seems sometimes like I've got an encyclopaedia on this case in my brain, but I really don't. I have the Wikipedia page on the case always open in a tab, along with an amazing dynamic map that is obviously some other sleuther's passion project, and my hardcover of Lost Girls where I can reach it if I need to refer to it. Anything else I trawl back through the threads, or ask my best friend, Google.

And I'm at home on disability with an anxiety disorder, so it gives me something to do besides knit and wait for new content to drop on Netflix.

MOO

Yes! And perhaps why RH obtained that Chevrolet Avalanche? High ground clearance and likely 4-wheel drive. Better for rough undeveloped terrain IMO. Plus a large hidden covered cargo area. Wonder if his MO and locations, etc changed around that time? Wonder what vehicles had he driven before? MOO
I wonder why RH was so attached to Chevy avalanches in particular. Other vehicles have similar features but aren't as unique looking. They're a pretty identifiable truck, imo, since they have that diagonal railing (don't know what to call it) from going from the hood to the truck bed on the sides.

Like you, I assume that to be the case. I hope so anyway, because the thought that JB might be put back on the street is terrifying to me.
The more people are posting about JB's case, the less likely I believe he's innocent. I think that IF the DA had been just solving those 3 cases and getting them off his desk, JB would have been charged with Costilla as well as Tangredi and McNamee.

He wasn't. A jury of 12 who heard all the evidence did convict him.

Plus, with RH's charge, it appears the other murder of the three, which does seem to probably have many differences from the two, has been solved, finally.

The evidence we've been allowed to see against RH seems so solid, I have my doubts that the task force would just pull in a case that might not be RH's. It would diminish their strong case.

There's no need to, either. RH is where he can't harm anyone else. It doesn't appear he's going anywhere. So, why would the task force risk so much for one more?

I wonder why RH was so attached to Chevy avalanches in particular. Other vehicles have similar features but aren't as unique looking. They're a pretty identifiable truck, imo, since they have that diagonal railing (don't know what to call it) from going from the hood to the truck bed on the sides.
The allure of the hidden compartment perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader