Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the use of this belt is significant.
It looks like the initials were carved by hand.
For what it's worth, I place no particular significance on the WH aspect of the belt. 1. because there were 3 belts used to bound Maureen, 2. because that particular Asian style font makes it very hard to determine if the initial are WH or HM , and 3. because I think it's legal significance is strictly that it contained DNA. If it could be tied to an actual relative of RH, great. But it's already tied to RH himself through DNA, so it's origin doesn't really matter. KWIM ? He could have picked it up at a flea market and it wouldn't make any difference.

JMO

Or if you’re flying below the radar because you are undocumented.
Interesting-I always thought the lie was what she said to the swinger- I never considered that she went to HS on LI as being the lie.

Still, she travels internationally. You can't just fly to another country and fly back into the USA without having the legal residence.

MOO

Interesting-I always thought the lie was what she said to the swinger- I never considered that she went to HS on LI as being the lie.

Still, she travels internationally. You can't just fly to another country and fly back into the USA without having the legal residence.

MOO
Yes, but she’s married to an American, RH.

Yes, but she’s married to an American, RH.
Still, you can't just fly into Kennedy. Being married isn't enough.

Edited to add: it is often enough to delay and eventually prevent being deported. But "reentry" into the USA is not going to be allowed just because you're married to a US citizen.

In addition, parenting citizens helps prevent deportation- but is not going to allow reentry.

Last edited:
Is this a significant development? I've only watched one of his press conferences, and it came off as...odd and speculative to me. You're grounded and reasonable though, so this gives me some hope it could be a big deal?
I personally don't pay attention to John Ray. He doesn't work for LE ( or in partnership with them ), and he doesn't represent any of the victims or their families. He's just some lawyer off the streets.

IMO

The tweet is accurate. Gloria Allred represents the family of Jessica Taylor. John Ray does not represent any of the victims families for the 6 cases Rex Heuermann is currently being charged with.
The original tweet said: that they did not have representation. That was a text from 2023. As it stands today, that text is inaccurate, Gloria Allred is representing them.

I personally don't pay attention to John Ray. He doesn't work for LE ( or in partnership with them ), and he doesn't represent any of the victims or their families. He's just some lawyer off the streets.

IMO
The depositions he took are strong and powerful. If it wasn't for his tenacity looking for Shannon they would have never found all the others.

Be a family fighting for your dead loved one and no one will listen to you. He chose to listen.

Witnesses are reaching out to him. They trust him. They had to deal with people like Burke for far too long.
MOO

Where are we getting the idea that AE is a foreigner. To the best of my knowledge, she was born in the United States. Am I wrong ?

I keep reading conflicting reports, here is one that claims she is from Iceland.

"Ellerup emigrated to the United States from Iceland as a child, and grew up near Heuermann on Long Island."

IMO
I have to disagree for a few reasons.

Many people are not trusting of LE for various reasons, and John Ray has extended the opportunity to give information another way.

The most effective police commissioner over this case in its history asked the public to approach John Ray if they were not willing to go through Crime Stoppers (LE tip line). If the police commissioner who oversaw the task force identify, surveil and arrest Rex Heuermann trusts John Ray, why would anyone distrust him? It is absolutely not accurate that John Ray does not work in partnership with LE.

He has information that LE rejected and is highly relevant. You would think his info would be from populations involved in illegal activities, but in fact his most interesting witnesses are law abiding persons. One of them attempted to get her information accepted by crime stoppers, and was unsuccessful.

If it were not for John Ray, we would NOT have the Shannan Gilbert 911 tape.

MOO

I was using it to show that JR is no longer involved
However, he is involved.

He was extremely tenacious taking and dealing with all those depositions. They knocked me off my feet what information he found. Sometimes I would have to take a break from reading, because it was so horrific, all the information he was obtaining.

If it wasn't for him, the looking for Shannan, the fighting for what was right, they wouldn't had found all those other victims.

He is quirky and can have a big ego. That said, at least he doing something....
MOO

MOO
I agree - I think she made up a story for the swinger.

One more comment and then I'm going to just shut up and read. A sworn affidavit is meaningless if it can't be presented in a court of law. Since (so far) John Ray doesn't represent any of the known victims, or their families , he can't present this "swinger party" affidavit in a court of law. And after seeing this witness in an interview with Banfield, I would be SHOCKED if Ray Tierney ever put her on the witness stand.

All JMO

Where are we getting the idea that AE is a foreigner. To the best of my knowledge, she was born in the United States. Am I wrong ?
All I've seen says she was born in South Farmingdale on Long Island. I know early on people were speculating she was from Iceland, but it seems she is 1st generation American with extended family in Iceland. That witness who claimed to be at the Heuermann's and met her should have been struck by her thick Long Island accent in contrast to the Icelandic claim. My guess is the witness concocted that story early in the case before the public knew more of her history or had heard her speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay