Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO:
Maybe RH's first wife ER was able to give LE info on his relationship with his father and mother?
Something tells me that his brother CH wouldn't be forthcoming and we don't know what other, if any relatives were questioned.

Using and then leaving the belt that has your relative's initials on it that you used in a crime seems like a calling card..but to who and why?

I suspect first wife was even contacted before all was made public last year. Probably not being protected, but informed, so she could make personal decisions. And probably told to stay mum .

I loved a statement in another thread today:
Mum and then Boom.

Cool, eh?

I wonder if he used this specifically to give a clue to LE as a way of taunting them?
I also wonder if AE ever saw the news reports on this belt and the picture of it in 2020, if she recognized it at all or was even slightly suspicious.
It's inconceivable to me that anyone on Long Island, especially those who lived in the neighborhood to not have seen on TV news or read in Newsday all the breaking news and updates on the LISK case/investigation.

As much as I admire and respect those who investigated and then brought down RH, I feel it was not in their best investigating interest to have given AE a pass from the get-go.
All they were going on was that she was out of the area when the 3 murders her husband was first charged with.
I agree with John Ray that she needed to and still needs to be investigated.

I have permission from Sillybilly to post this.

Geeezz....this very thought has just been growing in my gut so much recently. I just bet many of us have been feeling this same thing...

This thought that there was no friggin way that all this was soooo hidden from those other family members.
No kid alive hasn't wanted to find hidden secrets.
We all would explore, right.
. I remember the things I found in the back of my father's underwear drawer!?!!

Last edited:
Geeezz....this very thought has just been growing in my gut so much recently. I just bet many of us have been feeling this same thing...

This thought that there was no friggin way that all this was soooo hidden.
GP4jqepX0AARfrf

I have permission from Sillybilly to post this.

Reminder of Asa's track record...kind of

Filed for divorce, possibly stopped it.
Was going to sell the house
Stayed instead.
Double flipped off the media.
Peacock signing.
She insisted her hubby was “not capable” of carrying out the four murders and that she was giving him “the benefit of the doubt.”
Says she will decide after evidence is presented in court.
She says that if Heuermann did commit the murders he was "living a double life" she knew nothing about it.
She posts a sign to LE and others "do not trespass."

And lest we forget the affidavit.

The first witness, Ray said, went to Heuermann’s house for a sex party in February 1996 with her boyfriend, who was a cop, and Vergata. Heuermann’s wife, Asa Ellerup, was at the house when they arrived, the witness said in an affidavit. The witness said that Vergata went downstairs and that Heuermann and her boyfriend vanished for a while. During that time, she spoke with Ellerup, who said that Heuermann had “brought her from her country and that everything she had, he has given her,” the affidavit states.

Is this a significant development? I've only watched one of his press conferences, and it came off as...odd and speculative to me. You're grounded and reasonable though, so this gives me some hope it could be a big deal?

He has been on NewsNation and CourtTV speculating more than one person is involved in the murders (coughAEcough) due to the document found on RH's hard drive stating it listed hair netS. :rolleyes:

ugh, I hope not.

I'm trying not to jump to conclusions but it is hard not to first think his wife knew something about his activities.

But, it could be a sibling, hunting buddy, or someone else we don't know about.

And it could be malarkey.

jmo

I think having to wait 24 hours to find out is going to make me a bit crazy.
Trying hard Not to jump to any conclusions. It could be as simple as Asa knew he visited SW and was OK with it.

Thank you!
WH=William Heuermann on the belt.

When reading about the Happy Face Killer to whom he corresponded his Wikipedia page mentions his father beat him with a belt.
Curious if abuse was ever mentioned regarding RH's childhood, esp. from his own father.
Again where I wish we could hear from ER, first wife. Relationship to his dad (and more info on HIS death) would be sooo valuable.

This is the kind of stuff they hold for court though.

It's a positive thing individuals felt they could go to John Ray with information. With the likes of ex-officer Burke, anyone needed to be careful.

"Ray said four women have recently contacted him and detailed past experiences with Heuermann, and two of them signed affidavits.
These women were uniquely credible. They had details that they could express, each of them, that certainly makes you say, ‘Those details don’t just pop up because somebody invents them,'” Ray said."

If his siblings or Mother watched the news they must have recognized the belt!
Unless this wasn't ever on the news.
BBM it was ALL OVER the news in 2020. There is no way she didn't see the picture of the belt when it was first released as a new clue. I just wonder if she recognized it at all or had any suspicions at the time...

A calling card or leaving a signature.
I think he despised eveither his grandfather and/or his Father for abuse or perceived abuse.
His high school classmates said that he was a "momma's boy" which has been interpreted by h
those who investigated and write about SK'ers as very concerning and he never spoke about his father, that is until the interview he did and the woodworking that he learned from him.

Was his mother and him abused by the father , did the father abuse him and the mother never protected him and just clung to him?

The father could have been an absolute sweetheart and we may never know the real story unless someone starts talking and it can be confirmed.

Is this a significant development? I've only watched one of his press conferences, and it came off as...odd and speculative to me. You're grounded and reasonable though, so this gives me some hope it could be a big deal?
What I will say about Ray is that he has been dedicated to keeping this case in the headlines.

When he holds press conferences, it's always dramatic, even when I don't necessarily think the information he has is likely to be useful in the way he thinks it will be.

I don't necessarily agree with all of his conclusions, but that's the wonderful thing about opinions. We're all allowed to have them.

I respect that he fought to keep the victims in the public eye when no one in LE seemed to care. That matters.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members