Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #14

I wonder if he was living at this address in 1989. does anyone know? Carmen Vargas' body was found in September 1989 with her ankles tied off the meadowbrook parkway less than a mile south of merrick road which is about a 1.5 mile drive from this address. she was very petite so would fit his type. she immediately popped into my mind when I saw this address (93 Bedell street Freeport NY)

“I believe he did it when he first started killing,” she alleged of Heuermann, who reportedly worked in Freeport at the time, 11 years before the Gilgo Four’s bodies were found.

Vargas was 29 in 1989 when her body was found dumped on the side of the Meadowbrook State Parkway in Freeport, about 7 miles west of Heuermann’s lifelong home in Massapequa Park.

Okay, and the mother was already gone, and Witness 3 was already gone. Seeing it was sold in May of 1994. So they didn't even wait until he formally purchased it. Wonder what was going on with that.

Price History​

DateEventPricePrice/SqftSource
03/24/1998Sold$195,000$147Public Record
05/12/1994Sold$170,000$128Public Record

Who bought the place on 3/24/98?

I've never seen anything about this sale, just that
RH bought it in 94'.

yes, yes.
We do keep bringing this up on the threads, but with all the posts and pages, it gets "lost in translation" ha ha.

I don't know if it has been specifically been stated that they found such technology.... but I strongly believe he used something like Seri, or more modern versions. Audio translation tools have been around for decades, and they do misspell.

Siri wasn't invented until 2011. He wrote the document in 2002 or 2003 - I can't remember which.

Agree with you. I had a Palm Pilot just like the one HR used and where they found the macabre lists. That little device was the latest in technology at the time, and it was possible to hand write in its touchscreen display using a small stylo. Then it was possible to converted it into text. Of course, the text recognition technology of that time was not what it is today, it required to write each character certain way for it to be interpreted correctly. That’s why It was rather common to come across misspelled or changed words
Pretty sure said conversion caused the disorganizizing thing

It was a Microsoft Word document. Were Palm Pilots compatible with Microsoft Word documents? I suspect not but I'm having trouble understanding most of what I can find on the subject. It looks like Microsoft was in competition with Palm Pilot. It does make sense, though, that it's that kind of conversion that caused the spelling errors.

He had a coworker who slipped on the ice and reported Rex went out of his way to get her and MRI for a dx, home, and picked up a prescription.

On retrospect and with the charges in mind, it seems like grooming behavior, but on its face it seemed "nice" to her.

MOO
Or just enjoying watching a woman in pain.

<modsnip - quoted post was dbm>

Fortunately, there are other operative systems than Windows. He could have used some open source software.

He could also have been misspelling on purpose. Or have had poor eyesight for shorter distances.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think RH is necessarily a bad speller. It's likely that the text was not written manually but rather using a dictation method, such as Apple's Siri or Google's Voice Typing, which resulted in some unusual spelling errors.

Microsoft seems to have brought speech recognition products to the public in 2002 but it wasn't until 2007 that Windows Vista incorporated speech recognition. He wrote the Microsoft Word document in 2002 I think. But I do agree that something like this may have happened. It's just that with his OCD personality and attention to detail, as described by those who worked with him, I would think he would correct the errors. JMO.

Maybe RH wrote his manifesto in the dark, maybe even while sitting outside in his car?
Capitol letters are easier to see and to type some things, maybe more so when only using one hand.
Could it be a change in writing style when altered by alcohol or other?
speculation, imo, fwiw
Interesting you had this thought, dotr. I have always suspected that LISK drunk dials. Maybe he drunk writes, as well.

I agree about the clues. For me, I can't help thinking about the lingering smells in that house. You know when you go away for a period of time and come home again; the first thing we notice is the smell of our environment. It smells like home!
For me, that would have been my first clue that something was off. The smell of blood or death from downstairs.The use of cleaning materials to clean up his play-time area. Getting them out of the house (dragging them upstairs? or maybe that door was used to the back yard to get them out of there). I cannot believe something, anything was never noticed to be out of place or unusual after any of her trips away. It defies logic imo.
MOO.
Good points. But they looked like hoarders. Maybe they lived in squalor too? With all the associated odours.

Or just enjoying watching a woman in pain.
It's entirely possible that he viewed some women in certain ways due to their profession . Maybe even blamed them for his own deviant urges and actions. I'm not suggesting that that is the case, but if it is , I can easily see how he might be kind to women he viewed as " good girls ".

(Sorry if the language here is offensive to anyone. I don't know how else to put it really. )

Wondering about this too, I still have a feeling that's his ex -wife but some are saying no. It will be extremely interesting either way, but I'd find it even more so if it's not the ex-wife.
We’re assuming Witness 3 was a partner of RH but it’s also possible this female hair was from a sister who had lived there who moved out a few months after the mother in 1993.
MOO

Last edited:
I would really like to know what RH meant by MISS-LEADERS under the heading PROBLEMS in his notes. All the other items are self-explanatory or can be easily figured out what he meant, but this particular one I can't figure out. I can't even come up w/any possibles yet. I saw someone in an earlier thread thought they knew what it meant, and another poster even agreed w/them, but I didn't see how it could be right, bc of the fact that he had listed this under PROBLEMS. I've forgotten what the other poster thought it meant, but I remember thinking that couldn't be it, because that really didn't fit as a "problem" for RH. So I'd like someone with more creativity than I have to see if they can figure out what he meant by MISS-LEADERS. Could it be a construction/architecture term? Was he ever in Mississippi? Did he mean the word 'mislead', like people who misled him, i.e. liars? Or things he wanted to keep in mind to more easily mislead others? (I think that's more what the other poster guessed he meant.)

Am I correct that he wrote these notes long after he'd killed his 1st victim allegedly? About 10 yrs after even? So he wasn't exactly a rookie at it, but he was obviously still working on improvements. It comes across to me as written after only say, 3 or 4, maybe 5 kills. But seems like there would have been many more in that many years, but maybe he was just slow starting, picking up speed (victims) later.

MISS-LEADERS... something he considered one of the many problems he might encounter, or already had encountered. I'm just drawing blanks. What could he have meant by that???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240618_192455_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240618_192455_Chrome.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 33
Okay, and the mother was already gone, and Witness 3 was already gone. Seeing it was sold in May of 1994. So they didn't even wait until he formally purchased it. Wonder what was going on with that.

Price History​

DateEventPricePrice/SqftSource
03/24/1998Sold$195,000$147Public Record
05/12/1994Sold$170,000$128Public Record

Could be the refinancing to put the mortgage entirely in Asa's name and change the deed.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aggie_C
Back