Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #14

I don't think they do caps lock, do they?

Maybe if you ask them too.

I know you can set word processing programs' spell checkers to skip all caps words.

MOO

Just jumping off your post in re: to general conversation about these items...

I wonder if it (voice to text software, if he used it) created the written form in upper and lower case letters and perhaps he adjusted the entire document to a font that was an all caps font? Just crossed my mind since he was an architect and architectural drawings usually have writing/fonts in all caps. Imo.

Also re the MISS-LEADING, I think he was reminding himself to keep his story or stories straight. If he did any research about getting away with crimes, he knows that making up a cover story can be tricky and people get caught because their stories change. So maybe his plan for his cover story or stories (for his wife, or work, or a random stranger he might encounter, or even if stopped by LE) was not to flat out lie but to have elements of truth in order to mislead others. Just a thought and MOO.

It's no reflection on you at all. Of course, it is odd none of his hunting buddies or friends have spoken. I'd think they'd be paid nicely by media for that information too.
MOO.

Not everyone is motivated by money. And who would want to open the can of worms you might open now that it's not just reporters who might want to talk with you but also every random sleuther on social media (YouTube, tik tok, crime podcasts, etc.)? Imo.

Last edited:
I summarized the misspellings:

Spelling issue (corrected spelling in parentheses):

Miss-leaders (misleaders)
Platic (plastic)
Lie (lye)
Scaner (scanner)
Durn can (burn can)
Ratched cargo strap (rachet cargo strap)
Dumster (dumpster)
Distroy (destroy)
Drop clothes (drop cloths)
Distroy (destroy)
Platic bas (plastic bags)
Trace evendice (trace evidence)
Tatoos (tattoos)
Tourture (torture)
Creats problems (creates problems)
Drop clothes (drop cloths)
Hevey rope (heavy rope)
Tightend (tightened)
Originanized vs disoriginanized (organized vs disorganized)
Subtitution (substitution)
Muiltition = Disoriginanizeded (mutilation = disorganized)

Bad typist? (Maybe he was the hunt and peck type?)

Fat finger syndrome?

Imo.

Not everyone is motivated by money. And who would want to open the can of worms you might open now that it's not just reporters who might want to talk with you but also every random sleuther on social media (YouTube, tik token, crime podcasts, etc.)? Imo.
That’s so true! I wouldn’t want the exposure. Some have wanted to speak out and some not. Maybe someone from his social circle will come forward with time, or not.
MOO

This is from July 18,2023,5 days after the arrest of RH.

"The sister-in-law of suspected serial killer Rex Heuermann says she has not seen his wife and does not know where she is.

Dr. Johanna Ellerup, a pharmacist who lives just seven miles from the Long Island home Heuermann shared with his wife, Asa Ellerup, and their two children, told DailyMail.com on Tuesday: 'We have not heard from her, we don't have an address for her. We don't know anything.'

She added that her father is elderly 'and this is overwhelming' for him."

LE I would tell anything.

The above is exactly the story I would tell media and everyone else. Frankly, in her position, I would try to get rid of the circling sharks.

We’re assuming Witness 3 was a partner of RH but it’s also possible this female hair was from a sister who had lived there who moved out a few months after the mother in 1993.
MOO
No. RH's sister would have the same Mitochondrial DNA as RH, as both receive the Mitochondrial DNA from their mother. A half-sister from his father would have different Mitochondrial DNA but would still likely show as some sort of match. All based on knowledge gained from personally using DNA testing for genealogy since 2015.

Last edited:
Actually, I've come to a conclusion on this issue (RH's meaning of MISS-LEADERS) that I feel very sure of! And I thought about this a lot. I now think that the meaning is evident when considered in context of the other items he listed around it. MISS-LEADERS shows up when he's talking about things that could become problems (or maybe DID already) when LE makes a connection to something he used or left behind, or the WAY that he did something (his M.O.), that could possibly lead the investigation in his direction or cause LE to see that the murders are linked to the same killer. Like shoe prints or tire tread patterns. Or consistent patterns in modus operandi (M.O.)

So while thinking of these things (problems) that could lead them in his direction, he adds in the item "MISS-LEADERS?", because he realizes that he might be able to purposefully leave behind certain things, or deliberately do certain things differently, to try to divert attention away from him and lead them to look in another direction AWAY from him. Like maybe leaving something like metal shavings behind (if that's not something he normally would ever have any reason to leave behind.) So now they're going to think they need to look at metalworkers or whatever else that "clue" might point to. Maybe purposefully adding in some shoeprints by the body that are smaller than his own shoe size. Maybe if he mutilated a body in a way he never did before, or "packaged" it differently... anything that would help to MISS-LEAD (mislead) authorities into thinking anything other than what might lead them to him, or to link the murders as having been done by the same person.

He knows what "leads" are, and that they're something good to detectives, but bad for him. So I think he came up with the idea of the opposite of leads, which would be bad for them but good for him. Misleads! Or as he called them, MISS-LEADERS.

So I believe that by MISS-LEADERS, he meant anything that would mislead those trying to solve a crime he committed. Things he could come up with that would help him by diverting attention away from him, and also that could offset some of the negatives created by the things he listed as PROBLEMS. So let's say, if he was unable to avoid leaving tire tracks near where he left the body, it could help to offset that problem, if he could somehow leave more tire tracks that looked different from his tires in the same area (don't know how he'd be able to do that, so probably bad example!) But hopefully you get the idea. (I obviously wouldn't make a good SK because that was the only other example I could think of!) But I feel there would be many other ways if he gave that some thought.

And I think that's what he thought too when he wrote that on his list. And I think it's followed by a question mark, because this was something that he may have only just thought of when making the list, or something that still needed fleshed out (bad choice of words, ugh). So something he still had to think about before doing. Something that he thought of that would probably be helpful, but he still needed to study on more before he knew whether it was a good idea or not.

It seems like it came into his mind as he listed all these things that were potential problems and might get him caught... UNLESS... unless there were things he could do to MISLEAD them on to a different investigative path, leading anywhere but to him. And he obviously thinks he's this super-genius, smarter than all LE anyway, and he may have started thinking he could basically tell them what or how to think, just by purposefully leaving them clues that were really anti- clues! So that he could claw back some of that control that he always felt he had to have in any situation IMO. Committing such barbaric and wild, crazy acts had to necessarily involve giving up some control over the situation, since things never go exactly as planned or the way he'd like them to, since his prey was HUMANS, known to be unpredictable, to put it mildly. Identifying and employing some clever (to him) misleading items or actions, etc. could give him back some of that lost control, allowing him to steer the investigation away from himself

I don't know if I've managed to explain this very well, but I will add that I think it's a very good idea for someone in his position to use, if he thinks about it enough and comes up with some ideas of things that would be good misleaders. It would certainly add confusion, which would make it less easy to solve, and it might even get someone else blamed for crimes he did! If he did it right. Which would be a terrible thing, for everyone, except of course, for him. For him, that'd be the best thing. Anyway, I'm no good at explaining things, but I thought I had to try anyway. I really do think this is what he meant.

Actually, I've come to a conclusion on this issue (RH's meaning of MISS-LEADERS) that I feel very sure of! And I thought about this a lot. I now think that the meaning is evident when considered in context of the other items he listed around it. MISS-LEADERS shows up when he's talking about things that could become problems (or maybe DID already) when LE makes a connection to something he used or left behind, or the WAY that he did something (his M.O.), that could possibly lead the investigation in his direction or cause LE to see that the murders are linked to the same killer. Like shoe prints or tire tread patterns. Or consistent patterns in modus operandi (M.O.)

So while thinking of these things (problems) that could lead them in his direction, he adds in the item "MISS-LEADERS?", because he realizes that he might be able to purposefully leave behind certain things, or deliberately do certain things differently, to try to divert attention away from him and lead them to look in another direction AWAY from him. Like maybe leaving something like metal shavings behind (if that's not something he normally would ever have any reason to leave behind.) So now they're going to think they need to look at metalworkers or whatever else that "clue" might point to. Maybe purposefully adding in some shoeprints by the body that are smaller than his own shoe size. Maybe if he mutilated a body in a way he never did before, or "packaged" it differently... anything that would help to MISS-LEAD (mislead) authorities into thinking anything other than what might lead them to him, or to link the murders as having been done by the same person.

He knows what "leads" are, and that they're something good to detectives, but bad for him. So I think he came up with the idea of the opposite of leads, which would be bad for them but good for him. Misleads! Or as he called them, MISS-LEADERS.

So I believe that by MISS-LEADERS, he meant anything that would mislead those trying to solve a crime he committed. Things he could come up with that would help him by diverting attention away from him, and also that could offset some of the negatives created by the things he listed as PROBLEMS. So let's say, if he was unable to avoid leaving tire tracks near where he left the body, it could help to offset that problem, if he could somehow leave more tire tracks that looked different from his tires in the same area (don't know how he'd be able to do that, so probably bad example!) But hopefully you get the idea. (I obviously wouldn't make a good SK because that was the only other example I could think of!) But I feel there would be many other ways if he gave that some thought.

And I think that's what he thought too when he wrote that on his list. And I think it's followed by a question mark, because this was something that he may have only just thought of when making the list, or something that still needed fleshed out (bad choice of words, ugh). So something he still had to think about before doing. Something that he thought of that would probably be helpful, but he still needed to study on more before he knew whether it was a good idea or not.

It seems like it came into his mind as he listed all these things that were potential problems and might get him caught... UNLESS... unless there were things he could do to MISLEAD them on to a different investigative path, leading anywhere but to him. And he obviously thinks he's this super-genius, smarter than all LE anyway, and he may have started thinking he could basically tell them what or how to think, just by purposefully leaving them clues that were really anti- clues! So that he could claw back some of that control that he always felt he had to have in any situation IMO. Committing such barbaric and wild, crazy acts had to necessarily involve giving up some control over the situation, since things never go exactly as planned or the way he'd like them to, since his prey was HUMANS, known to be unpredictable, to put it mildly. Identifying and employing some clever (to him) misleading items or actions, etc. could give him back some of that lost control, allowing him to steer the investigation away from himself

I don't know if I've managed to explain this very well, but I will add that I think it's a very good idea for someone in his position to use, if he thinks about it enough and comes up with some ideas of things that would be good misleaders. It would certainly add confusion, which would make it less easy to solve, and it might even get someone else blamed for crimes he did! If he did it right. Which would be a terrible thing, for everyone, except of course, for him. For him, that'd be the best thing. Anyway, I'm no good at explaining things, but I thought I had to try anyway. I really do think this is what he meant.

Makes sense to me!

Makes sense to me!
My theory which depends on misleading clues, basically comes down to attacking some victims right after they’ve been with someone else. I also think that the WH belt was a mislead and it surely wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t leave the creepy punishment dolls by the GB4 or the wood chips on the two victims that Bittrolff was found guilty of killing. Also changing up his murder weapons and means, sometimes strangulation, sometimes smashing heads in, sometimes stabbing them or mutilating parts of them, sometimes dismembering and possibly, in the early days, even flashing his lights at women driving alone to get them to pull over- acting helpful, getting them in his truck and then knocking them out or strangling them. Also, killing men and women and dumping them in areas known for gang or mafia body dumps or in abandoned buildings known for drug users and homeless people. He even left some clothed, some half naked and others naked. He changed up the wrappings he used on more recent victims. The few things that didn’t seem to change were him leaving victims outside and driving a pickup truck. This creature seems to have studied many notorious SKs and wanted to do his own version of a greatest hits.

Last edited:
My theory which depends on misleading clues, basically comes down to attacking some victims right after they’ve been with someone else. I also think that the WH belt was a mislead and it surely wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t leave the creepy punishment dolls by the GB4 or the wood chips on the two victims that Bittrolff was found guilty of killing. Also changing up his murder weapons and means, sometimes strangulation, sometimes smashing heads in, sometimes stabbing them or mutilating parts of them, sometimes dismembering and possibly, in the early days, even flashing his lights at women driving alone to get them to pull over- acting helpful, getting them in his truck and then knocking them out or strangling them. Also, killing men and women and dumping them in areas known for gang or mafia body dumps or abandoned buildings known for drug users and homeless people. He even left some clothed, some half naked and others naked. He changed up the wrappings he used on more recent victims. The few things that didn’t seem to change were him leaving victims outside and driving a pickup truck. This creature seems to have studied many notorious SKs and wanted to do his own version of a greatest hits.

I haven't followed the Bittroilff cases so I'm out of the loop.
Ok, I have a question about this:
"the creepy punishment dolls by the GB4"
I agree if he constantly changed his MO, it would be much harder to connect the dots esp. without DNA or hair.
I think SKs have caught onto the MO and would diversify to NOT get caught.

That’s news to me. Morf knows someone who hunted with RH?

It was posted on one of the earliest threads. I'll go on search for it.

ETA: Thread 2 Post 1005

And, this notification appears on every thread.

It was posted on one of the earliest threads. I'll go on search for it.

ETA: Thread 2 Post 1005

I found it:
Post in thread 'Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2'
Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

I don’t know how I missed these posts. I’ve been on every thread since the arrest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hirundo
Back