Governor of South Carolina is Missing- Last Seen Thursday

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sure would be interesting to hear from Maria... Did she dump him?

While MS has apologized, I haven't heard that he actually said the affair was over, and since he previously told his wife he was going to say goodbye to MBC and didn't, should we believe he's actually finished with his "soul mate?"

MS was not around for Father's Day, which is usually pretty important to children. That to me says a lot about his idea of family values. I have not seen pics or read/heard reports that he's seen the boys since the affair surfaced.

I agree that this marriage is doomed. IMO JS needs to move on and let this loser wallow in self-pity and self-destruction. It's pretty obvious he's not husband or father material.

Good Mark Sanford late night jokes:
http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/sexandpolitics/a/mark-sanford-jokes.htm

Jenny Sanford's official statement:

http://www.wyff4.com/news/19930115/detail.html

I don't agree with her on a lot of issues, but I think she is displaying a lot of class here. I hope he grows up and doesn't take advantage of her any further.

I hope things work out for the couple, but my "take" is more like, "UGH!" Not only has he really embarrassed his wife and family, but he's also admitted to other indiscretions. He also promised he wouldn't see his mistress again, yet he did. How can anyone trust such a person (man or woman)?

I hope things work out for the couple, but my "take" is more like, "UGH!" Not only has he really embarrassed his wife and family, but he's also admitted to other indiscretions. He also promised he wouldn't see his mistress again, yet he did. How can anyone trust such a person (man or woman)?

You can't. Even if you love them, you can't. If someone that loves them and wants to believe them can't trust them, then how do the citizens of South Carolina trust him? He needs to go.

Sanford just needs to resign, go somewhere and just SHUT UP!!!! He is just continuing to show the whole country just how poor his judgement is and to me he is unstable.

IMO Sanford is in the middle of a nervous breakdown. Who goes on national television and runs his mouth like he has done. Soul mate - indeed. His wife needs to give him the sole of her shoe before she calls in the professionals for some serious mental evaluation.

I agree that MS could very well be having some sort of breakdown. I understand his wife is trying to repair the marriage, but he could very well be in need of help rather than just a marriage counselor. She's a saint for sticking by MS; I don't know how any wife could do so when the man called his mistress his soul mate.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=8276930

Wife and kids moved out of governor's mansion. She says she's continuing to work on the marriage. (Is he?)

She is a better woman than I would be. I know she want(s/ed) to preserve her marriage, but he seems more like a little boy forced to say he is sorry, sit up straight, and watch his manners than a man that is desperate to save his marriage. I can understand them trying to be as quiet as possible if they are desolving the marriage. For a man that would not shut up about the "other" woman, he sure is silent now.

While it would be nice if there was a happy ending, I think the marriage is doomed. Moving out doesn't seem to be a positive turn for the couple. He was so gushy and verbal about his Argentinian soul mate, which was an affront to his wife, marriage and sons, that I doubted a repair was possible. He didn't sound genuinely sorry, only sorry that he was caught.

It's my feeling that he will get his just reward, that his political career is dead in the water. No one seems to have heard the gf's story. Maybe he's still communicating with her? Has she moved on?

Jenny Sanford comes from wealth (Skil power tools). She was also a well-respected Wall Street investment banker at Lazard Freres before her marriage. From what I've read she called most of the shots when he ran as a Representative and for governor.

JS has retreated to their home 120 miles away, reportedly on the market earlier for $3.5 mil. The four boys are going to be attending Porter Gaud School, a private school, at approximately $18,000 each. Then, of course, expectations are the boys will go to college. If there's a divorce, I wonder if Mark Sanford has done his homework.

Did anyone notice as she was moving out of the governor's mansion that she was helped by other women? Where was MS? Kind of makes you wonder if he's still got an active soul mate.

Jenny Sanford comes from wealth (Skil power tools). She was also a well-respected Wall Street investment banker at Lazard Freres before her marriage. From what I've read she called most of the shots when he ran as a Representative and for governor.

JS has retreated to their home 120 miles away, reportedly on the market earlier for $3.5 mil. The four boys are going to be attending private school at Porter Gaud School, a private school, at approximately $18,000 each. Then, of course, expectations are the boys will go to college. If there's a divorce, I wonder if Mark Sanford has done his homework.

Did anyone notice as she was moving out of the governor's mansion that she was helped by other women? Where was MS? Kind of makes you wonder if he's still got an active soul mate.

Hey - a Porter-Gaud shout out. I was a student there for 11 years (but I went for free because my Dad worked there!) - graduated in 1984.

I'll call my Dad tomorrow and see what he knows - the Sanfords have a house up the street from where he lives.

An AP report has found that MS used State plane and State money for PERSONAL and political jaunts, including for taking his wife and children along:

http://www.fitsnews.com/2009/08/09/sanford-used-state-plane-for-personal-trips/

(unlike what was previously thought)

Like many politicians, he has always had alot, he thinks he is "God" or "God's gift to the world and women", and he thinks he can get away with things.

IMO

My Dad didn't have any good info except that the Mom and boys usually live at their house on Sullivan's (where my Dad lives) during the school year. Perhaps the timing of her moving out of the Governor's mansion was planned to coincide with school starting - less disruptive for her boys that way since that is the usual routine.

My Dad didn't have any good info except that the Mom and boys usually live at their house on Sullivan's (where my Dad lives) during the school year. Perhaps the timing of her moving out of the Governor's mansion was planned to coincide with school starting - less disruptive for her boys that way since that is the usual routine.

Except they all are changing schools.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back