Grand Jury Indictment 3/20/14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The lady that yelled out the bolded comment is TM's aunt. Her FB has been in place for a long time prior to the case. There are pictures she added years ago that match the picture that goes along with her quote. She has been very vocal in speaking out against the Elvis family and Heather herself, calling her such names as "hussy" "homewrecker", and "*advertiser censored*". It is kind of hard to read this stuff and not feel disgust and anger.

edited to add:
And as I mother, I REALLY make it a point not to judge other's parenting styles/practices... That being said, I felt ill to my stomach seeing pictures of the kids in the courtroom and reading the article where they are interviewed. They really should be attempting to shield them from as much of this as they can. This is one case I don't feel bad for judging. It is just so wrong.

No, as a matter of fact, I'm not interested in the social media drama. Social media is not a dependable source for information. One can't be sure just who is behind comments being made. I wouldn't want to give the commenters more of an audience than I am sure they already have. I depend on WS for any information on the case. :loser:

Yes, I have read all the interviews. The bolded quote doesn't support your statement that the C. family is seeking sympathy. Showing a display of emotion doesn't mean the person is out for sympathy. If a friend breaks down and cries, am I to assume she is seeking sympathy because she is showing emotion? I can't speak on how different the families are. I don't know either family personally.

Sadly, 98% of interest in this case would not exist if it were not for the social media drama.

The lady that yelled out the bolded comment is TM's aunt. Her FB has been in place for a long time prior to the case. There are pictures she added years ago that match the picture that goes along with her quote. She has been very vocal in speaking out against the Elvis family and Heather herself, calling her such names as "hussy" "homewrecker", and "*advertiser censored*". It is kind of hard to read this stuff and not feel disgust and anger.

edited to add:
And as I mother, I REALLY make it a point not to judge other's parenting styles/practices... That being said, I felt ill to my stomach seeing pictures of the kids in the courtroom and reading the article where they are interviewed. They really should be attempting to shield them from as much of this as they can. This is one case I don't feel bad for judging. It is just so wrong.

BBM-Respectfully, reading and participating on social media is an option.

It is really odd to hate the family of the killer. There are so many things in this world to be angry about. I just don't get this whole, Oh, they said things I don't like...I hate them and am going to harass them. With everything going on the world, this is what people choose to focus their anger on? Um, there are plenty of killers, rapists, and molesters out there, living free, but oh they aren't as bad as the entire Moorer family.

BBM The hatred is directed at TM & SM. If the C family had followed your suggestion and kept their mouths shut and didn't write the hateful things they did, they wouldn't be getting the push back from the public. Simply put, if they didn't run their mouths, people wouldn't be biting back at them.

One final point...the C family has made a lot of allegations of harassment being leveled at them. How many of those allegations are backed up with facts? Anybody can make a complaint, but that doesn't mean it is necessarily true. You may or may not believe it, but the C family has been known to stretch the truth a bit!

BBM The hatred is directed at TM & SM. If the C family had followed your suggestion and kept their mouths shut and didn't write the hateful things they did, they wouldn't be getting the push back from the public. Simply put, if they didn't run their mouths, people wouldn't be biting back at them.

One final point...the C family has made a lot of allegations of harassment being leveled at them. How many of those allegations are backed up with facts? Anybody can make a complaint, but that doesn't mean it is necessarily true. You may or may not believe it, but the C family has been known to stretch the truth a bit!

:tyou:

True...and the C's have chosen to bash,via social media, on daily basis. Thank you for pointing that out.

Yes, and this is true for the people reading and possibly participating there on a day to day basis. I'm not sure who I find the most offensive. The commenter or the people giving them an audience.

Yes, and this is true for the people reading and possibly participating there on a day to day basis. I'm not sure who I find the most offensive. The commenter or the people giving them an audience.

Isn't that the truth?!! I hear you!! The C's are reading and participating on a daily basis and this large family has proven to be quite an audience for their commenting family members.

Isn't that the truth?!! I hear you!! The C's are reading and participating on a daily basis and this large family has proven to be quite an audience for their commenting family members.

I'm sure you got my point.

I don't think any of those qualities you described means someone should be harassed. They are all subjective too. It is one thing to argue back on FB, but taking it offline is a different manner. There are people who have done much worse (like actually killed someone) and don't get treated this way. There will always be rude, ignorant, and obnoxious people on the Internet.

Who said they are being harnessed? The only people harnessed as far as I have seen are the Elvises. Unless you actually beleive the Ms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is really odd to hate the family of the killer. There are so many things in this world to be angry about. I just don't get this whole, Oh, they said things I don't like...I hate them and am going to harass them. With everything going on the world, this is what people choose to focus their anger on? Um, there are plenty of killers, rapists, and molesters out there, living free, but oh they aren't as bad as the entire Moorer family.

Just because they say they are being harassed does not mean they are. Can you show examples?

Who said they are being harnessed? The only people harnessed as far as I have seen are the Elvises. Unless you actually beleive the Ms.

There is no concrete proof that either family has been harassed. It is just claims. Talking about real life here, not online. I do believe all claims, due to what a joke, embarrassment, and circus this case became. But there have been no arrests. I do not find what the Caisons and Moorers said happened to be that far fetched. Even LE didn't want them out on bond for fear of what could happen with all the tension in the community.

It is really interesting to me that the local newspaper wrote a sympathetic piece on the Caisons (gave them an outlet) and has even wrote about the "mob mentality" in the case and the possibility that LE arrested them to appease the public. It is very different from what you would expect. I assume they know things we don't, so the fact that "they" (at least the powers in charges) seem to think this way is telling.

BBM-Respectfully, reading and participating on social media is an option.

Don't believe I ever said I was forced to read it, only that I found it appalling. A majority of what I read here disgusts me (content, not posters), but I still read it. I was simply pointing out that TM's aunt has brought these negative feelings from people upon herself. I go to that page to get updates on the case....not to read her nasty comments about the victim. Respectfully.

It is really interesting to me that the local newspaper wrote a sympathetic piece on the Caisons (gave them an outlet) and has even wrote about the "mob mentality" in the case and the possibility that LE arrested them to appease the public. It is very different from what you would expect. I assume they know things we don't, so the fact that "they" (at least the powers in charges) seem to think this way is telling.
The only thing it's "telling" me, is that they're in the business of selling newspapers.

Frankly, with a gag order in place, there isn't much about the case that the local newspaper can report. I think the paper hopes that by publishing a sympathetic article now, they'll be able to get exclusive quotes and interviews from the family after the trial begins and the gag order comes off.

The only thing it's "telling" me, is that they're in the business of selling newspapers.

Well then I am surprised that sells better than "Burn 'em at the stake!" It is a good thing the local newspaper is not partaking in the embarrassing behavior of their constituents. When the trial starts, it will be more clear what the newspaper believes. I do not think they are going to be a mouthpiece for the prosecution. I do not think they would publish an article talking about mob mentality and the pressure to arrest them if they didn't hold that view. But maybe they do think the case was run perfectly.

Well then I am surprised that sells better than "Burn 'em at the stake!" It is a good thing the local newspaper is not partaking in the embarrassing behavior of their constituents. When the trial starts, it will be more clear what the newspaper believes. I do not think they are going to be a mouthpiece for the prosecution. I do not think they would publish an article talking about mob mentality and the pressure to arrest them if they didn't hold that view. But maybe they do think the case was run perfectly.

Do you have a link to support BBM?

Well then I am surprised that sells better than "Burn 'em at the stake!"
With the gag order, there's nothing new to report, so I would imagine most readers have become weary of the repetitive articles. This article, though, while unsavory to most, was something new to read, think about, and get riled up over.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back