Grandma Hollars speaks

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For a moment let's forget TC and JO...you really believe MC had nothing to do with this. I think FH knows the family dynamics better than all of us. JMO

chesterp, I have never stated MC doesn't have anything to do with this..I have never stated TC and JO aren't involved..
I am stating none of the three named in your post killed Haleigh....
And IMHO if Steve Brown believes any of these three did, then IMHO he has not solved this case...JMO

Lol, this is reminding me of my mother. If one of the 3 of us would not tell the truth (nevermind if 2 of us were) all 3 got a spanking. All 3 guilty.

As far as who hurt Haleigh, right now my bets are it happened before someone went to work.

As far as Granny being reliable, I don't know. I know that the older we get the more we think with our own lessons, not looking at the facts in front of us, and we get easily confused. At least in my family. So I take Granny with a grain.

I listened to her last night on JVM..most of this is speculation on FH's part, with the exception of what she heard directly from MC/ToC...everything else is her opinion...which is very important that it shouldn't be taken as fact! JMHO and I do believe she wants closure and for HaLeigh to have a proper burial...

I think she is trying to say, MC was jealous of the love RC has for HaLeigh. She didn't want to babysit this night after her three day binge, they argued about this but RC forced her. She feels RC is involved by leaving MC in charge of those children while still being high off her binder. She states she wouldn't leave her children with someone who is doped up. If MC hurt HaLeigh, it was due to her not wanting to be there that night, she is asked what she thinks and feels if HaLeigh was out of the way, she'd have RC all to himself but what about Jr??? She believes the gun story and JO took her since he couldn't find the gun, raped her and throwed her in the river..

I feel just about the same way. Only I feel when ToC allegedly came to the house with his children cousin JO was there. HaLeigh knew no one was to be in their home when daddy wasn't there. She was going to tattle on MC for having them over. I feel she lost her patience with HaLeigh and I feel MC harmed her called her brother back to help her with what she's done. Which is why they sat silent all this time. It implicates MC, so. if JO was involved it may be after the fact.

( she was exhausted and after smoking that joint with her brother, she fell fast asleep, then possibly, see below)

If it's found out that it was ToC who called JO to come over to try and find this rare gun, then I feel that maybe JO did take HaLeigh since he didn't find the gun and would be the ultimate payback to RC for humilating them with the fight that happened before this night. The problem is, the timeline. I still don't feel they've given enough support for a timeline of events, which is where my problem lies.

Flora, let me say again for the record I applaud you for immediately reporting this tip to police, even though your own family is at stake in all of this.

HOLLARS: Thank you.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Great to have you here.

Last night you said you believe Misty, Tommy, Joe and Haleigh`s father, Ronald Cummings, were all involved in a conspiracy to cover up Haleigh`s murder. Flo, we did some research. We found that cops have cleared Ronald Cummings, Haleigh`s dad. So why do you think he knows something more?

HOLLARS: Well, really what it boiled down to is the fact that him and her had been arguing all day where she`d been out on that drug spree. And then he made her keep those babies -- those two babies that night. And there`s -- it takes him 50 minutes to get from home and work, back and forth. And what did he do in that ten minutes?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. So you`re saying that there`s a time discrepancy?

HOLLARS: Yes.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But he went to work.

HOLLARS: Uh-huh.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: My understanding was he was -- he`s working the night shift, he`s informed at work that little Haleigh is missing by Misty. He rushes back, can`t find her and then called police. He calls police. Where is the time discrepancy there?

HOLLARS: The -- getting to work is 25 minutes, getting back from -- getting home from work is 25 minutes. That -- that makes 50 minutes. There`s ten minutes to spare there.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, I want to stress again that law enforcement has said that Ron Cummings is not a suspect. They have investigated. They`ve cleared him. They`ve said they`ve checked his phone records, they`ve checked everything, and they really believe he has absolutely nothing to do with this.

We`ve also reached out to attorneys for all -- Tommy, Joe, Misty and Ron -- and we have not heard back today.

But I want to ask you about this, Flo. After Ron leaves for work, somehow we have now Misty who`s in the trailer, she said she just went to sleep with the two kids and woke up -- initially she said this -- and they were missing. But it emerged that perhaps she had been visited by Tommy and Joe.

So set the stage for us. What was going on inside that trailer, do you believe? Do you believe all three were there, and were they partying?

HOLLARS: I know they were al three there, because Joe and Tommy was looking for the machine gun that Ronald had.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And what were they doing? Were they partying? Were they drugging, do you think?

HOLLARS: They didn`t say that, but I`m pretty such if they had any they were.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Why do...

HOLLARS: Yes, ma`am.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Why do these three grandchildren have troubles? Why are they so troubled? Now, two of the three are behind bars. Joe is clear at this point. Investigators have not charged him with anything. But why do you think Misty and Tommy have such a troubled history and now they`re behind bars on drug conspiracy charges?

Did they have trouble as kids? Did any of these three of your grandchildren that we`re looking at now have violent streaks when they were kids growing up?

HOLLARS: Not that I know of. But they never really had parents that stayed straight enough to take care of them anyways.

HOLLARS: I`ve heard two different details. I heard that she got a hold of one of Ron`s pills and swallowed it and O.D.`d on it, and then I heard that Misty supposedly hit her in the back of the head, and Joe supposedly raped her and then got rid of the body.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Flo, those are three very different scenarios. Where did you hear each of those stories, and which one do you believe?

HOLLARS: I believe the one that Misty told me, that they tied her up in a rope and dropped her in the river. I just don`t know whether they raped her or not. But I sort of believe that they did. I just hope and pray that the child was already dead before she hit that water.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But how do you know that, based on what Tommy told you on the phone? I mean, did Tommy tell you how the child -- if, in fact, this is what happened, got from the trailer to the river and what happened in between the time that the child left the trailer and got to the river, and who took the child from the trailer to the river?

HOLLARS: No, ma`am. All Tommy told me was that Joe did it.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And you didn`t ask any follow-up questions?

HOLLARS: Yes, I asked follow-up questions, but he didn`t answer any of the rest of them. He was crying too hard, so he started talking about his kids and his wife.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So how do you know that Misty, in your opinion, Misty, Tommy and Joe were all there at the river that night with little Haleigh? How do you make that leap, when all Tommy said was Joe did it, and then all Misty said was they tied a rope around her and, with cement, threw her in the water?

HOLLARS: Well, in my opinion, the way that I feel that -- knowing that is that she knew she was throwed in the St. John`s River.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So you`re saying how would she know that without having witnessed it?

HOLLARS: If she hadn`t have witnessed it or -- see, Joe left the next day after this happened. Now, maybe Tommy carried her over there and showed her where they had dropped her at. I don`t know.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. Well, let me ask a related question, then. Why do you think Misty waited so long? If, in fact, she was going to spill this, why wait until 15 minutes after Tommy calls?

Have you ever considered the possibility that somehow they managed to coordinate their stories and that none of this is true, that maybe there`s nothing down there at the river, that -- that basically this is just another story made up out of whole cloth, the way Misty initially said she woke up and Haleigh was simply gone?

HOLLARS: No, ma`am, because 15 minutes after Tommy called me, Misty called me. I told her what he said and she was crying and all she could say is, "Nanny, I`ve told them this all along." Misty didn`t tell me until the following Monday about the rope and the bricks in the St. John`s River.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Investigators did an intense underwater search over several days using divers, cadaver dogs, underwater sonar devices, focusing in n this area, a dock along the river bank of the St. John`s River.

Flo, after you called in your tip to investigators, telling them what Tommy and Misty told you, have investigators been in contact with you? Have they updated you at all as to whether they believe the story, what they found down at the river, anything?

HOLLARS: No, ma`am. I keep leaving them messages.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Really?

HOLLARS: Different things that I hear, I leave them messages, but they`ve not bothered to call me back.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: How do you feel about that?

HOLLARS: I think it`s dirty. At least they should pick the phone up and call me back and answer my questions.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: How has your extended family reacted to your going forward and calling police, even though it could jeopardize your three grandchildren?

HOLLARS: None of them like it, but it`s like I said, if it was me, I would want somebody to be doing the same thing that I`m doing sitting here right now.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What do you want more than anything else?

HOLLARS: I want that little girl to be put to rest.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Closure.
more at the link:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/21/ijvm.01.html

After listening to Ms. Hollars again last night, I don't know whether she should be praised for her forthrightness or admonished for airing her family's dirty laundry. The subjects that Grandma Flo broached in her TV appearances are usually tightly-kept secrets in most families who choose not to divulge problems like drug use, mental illness, incest, etc. In fact, many families choose to live in denial about these issues because of the stigma that accompanies them. Perhaps Ms. Hollars felt the need to let it all hang out because she is tired of having dealt with these problems for a long time.

While the catharsis might have brought relief for Ms. Hollars, she can't ever take back the things that she has said on national television about her children, their spouses, her grandchildren. I can't even begin to imagine how Lisa and Hank are feeling after having their lives so blatantly exposed. While they may have serious issues with drug use, lack of steady employment, etc., they are more than likely very distraught given the plight of their children right now. I would have preferred to see Ms. Hollars show some compassion for her daughter rather than berate the couple in the media. In this case, the less said would have been better. jmo

I find it odd that now Ms Hollars rope is YELLOW!! Wasn't YELLOW on her first report, or was it?? I think she is after the reward.....MO

Anyone know how many children Mrs. Hollars has?

I don't know, but you can bet her holiday dinner table is going to be quite empty this year. More food for Nanny Hollars.

Oh lawdy, the first night she was interesting, the second night she was shocking, and now I'm too confused to make sense of it all. :crazy:

I will say this, I found her more 'credible' the first night because I thought she was really trying to do the right thing, but after seeing her two more times, all dolled up, and dishing even more family secrets, I'm thinking she's got something more in mind than justice for Haleigh. I mean, she did mention she needs $$$ for phone calls.......

Does anyone else notice that gramma seems to be parotting a lot of theories (some of them directly contradictory to others) that have been covered here? Anyone know if she has a computer or is computer literate? In one interview I saw her say she didn't think Misty would hurt Haleigh, doubted she had any part in harming her, and then not five minutes later she stated she thinks Misty may have hurt her because she was jealous of the attention Ron gave Haleigh.

That is just ONE of the crazy inconsistencies she spouted during the interview. I honestly wonder if she is just reading what we all theorize and then claiming they are hers. Only problem is, she can't pick a theory or opinion and stick with it.

I also find it odd that all these phone calls took place between gramma, misty and tommy but no video or audio has been released. This could mean the phone calls took place and there is relevant info in them that LE is keeping under wraps. Or it could mean no such calls have taken place and gramma is FOS.
Another thing that bother me about "courageous gramma Flo" is that she seems to have gotten a recent makover. Anyone know if she has been paid for all this recent diarhea of the mouth?

above copied from my post about this topic on another thread

I find it odd that now Ms Hollars rope is YELLOW!! Wasn't YELLOW on her first report, or was it?? I think she is after the reward.....MO

I'm not sure about Ms. Hollars but I always found it strange that the color of the rope was indicated in any of these alleged confessions. If you murdered someone or witnessed a murder, I think the color of the rope would be the last thing on your mind.

I'm not so sure GMa Hollars is the subject of a credibility issue as much as the information she was given being credible. After all, it came from two well documented untruthful persons, in two phone calls which were 15 minutes apart. Think about that, the phone calls 15 minutes apart. The typical paypal telephone call is 15 minutes in duration. Too many coincidences going on here.

Secondly, why was Misty standing on that dock with no lawyer present ? Did she pull her bypass her lawyer routine again ? In that past she has done that when trying to get her point of view across or in an effort to "clear her name".

If anything, at this point, I am honestly starting to think that both GMa Hollars and LE have been played once again by Misty and this time it includes Tommy. Is this their way of trying to clear their names inspite of failed polys? Inspite of the fact they are caught dead to rights for trafficking and are facing long sentences ? Did it finally dawn on both of them that the sentences were going to be long and the Haleigh card just might be a way to help themselves ? Odd that once again, this case heats up over yet another failed poly.

Personally, I think this whole exercise has been one more snow job pulled by those sitting in jail. Each of them is trying to weasel out of the mess they are in and quite frankly, I don't believe they would have any problem using anyone or throwing anyone under the bus to save their backsides. JMO

ETA - I should add I may have messed up - I suppose there is a possibility that Tommy infact, maybe, passed an LDT.

After relistening to tapes of Granny Hollars her story gets more sensational , the more she speaks. Now we hear Misty was jealous of Ron and Haleighs closeness.. Where did this come from Grandma? Apparently she is being monetarily compenced for giving her story ( stories) to the news outlets shows, sums of money of which she probably only dreamed of in her lifetime. I couldn't help think this new look someone has created for her reminds me of the Mona Lisa striking a serious pose. She is sure gussied up now for her TV appearances. I actually can see this lady being taken advantage of by others who are looking for a story about her grandaughter and family members. Nothing sells like good old fashion family scandals aired on national tv.

Do any of you think someone should have asked, Well MC and TiC and ToC had hard childhoods, What about JO has he ever had any problems with the Law? She would be able to shed light on if he has a Juvenile record.
My VERY humble thoughts

Do any of you think someone should have asked, Well MC and TiC and ToC had hard childhoods, What about JO has he ever had any problems with the Law? She would be able to shed light on if he has a Juvenile record.
My VERY humble thoughts

She did. She was asked that very question and revealed that JO celebrated his 18th Birthday in a juvenile facility where he was serving time for auto theft. She further stated that he had never been convicted for violent crime.

My VERY humble thoughts

She did talk about JO's record and Woodland's facility for auto theft. Someone has sleuthed the facility.

She did talk about JO's record and Woodland's facility for auto theft. Someone has sleuthed the facility.

Thank you for the Info, Chesterp, I have been really slow on the info today,:blushing:

I do not believe FH and I believe she will back out of the show tonight on NG.

IMHO..IF she indeed believes any of her grandchildren killed Haleigh she is barking up the wrong tree..And in regards to her believing Misty killed Haleigh because she was jealous of the relationship Ron had with Haleigh, tells me she is reading here or somewhere on the internet, unless the unknown source she won't name down in Florida is filling her head with that nonsense..JMO

I havent read every word or seen every minute of Nanny's acccount/s; but her three grandkids aren't brain surgeons - holac6 - and whatever they told her, I think they knew she'd spill it prontito. So as far as cred, I think she is spilling what's she's been told as best as she can recall what she was told. Why on God's green earth would Misty et al tell Granny Nanny ANYTHING especially on the freakin phone unless they wanted it out?

On a side note and in lieu of my belaboring a point, I dont think the Tenn cousin, whose name escapes me at the moment, hung the moon or is a saint by any stretch; but I dont get the sense that he's a sex offender or a murderer; but that's just how I see him. (Not sayin he wouldnt help cover if properly greased) ($$$ or other meaningful motive, I mean... with "meaningful motive" being a euphemism.)

Back to Nanny, I do think she is the only one, or one of the only ones, in this horrible saga who has any nads. However, bless her heart.. it's like if if I have some good news I'd like the family and every person with ears to know, I tell my cousin rather than calling CNN myself heh. B/c I KNOW she'll circulate. (my cousin, that is.)

So where does that leave me? In the same spot in which I've been since word one -- with Ron whining on the ground (late Feb 10 or early Feb 11,) 09. In my humble opinion - for which I shall receive veggies heaved, it was not a true cry or a grief moan; it was a contrived - and probably rehearsed - (albeit not well rehearsed) - whine.

Nod to the Oscars, Mr. Cummings. He missed his calling. Same for Teresa Neves... in my opinion. He's lied... is lying. Dont know why; dont know what about... But dude is lying .....in my opinion. Long live the ellipsis.

Launch the veggies my friends. I deserve them and I can also agree to disagree. Oh, and I have my protective headgear on. Hugs all.

MOO

PS Raisin Charlie said it "way" better. :-) Word dude.

Day One...thought she sounded pretty credible
Day Two.... contradicted pretty much everything she stated in day one.... credibility doubtful
Day Three... Repeat of day two only now she's added more "theories" and more finger pointing.... credibility diminishing
Todays upcoming interview....the battle of the grandmas....credibility most likely SHOT!

I think Gramma Hollers is credible but has opinions just like all of us.

My VERY humble thoughts

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Why do these three grandchildren have troubles? Why are they so troubled? Now, two of the three are behind bars. Joe is clear at this point. Investigators have not charged him with anything. But why do you think Misty and Tommy have such a troubled history and now they`re behind bars on drug conspiracy charges?

Did they have trouble as kids? Did any of these three of your grandchildren that we`re looking at now have violent streaks when they were kids growing up?

HOLLARS: Not that I know of. But they never really had parents that stayed straight enough to take care of them anyways.

Grandma Hollars was also the one that stated Joe's criminal record only involved stealing cars. There was nothing about rape, molestion, or anything that would have made him a sex offender.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back