Grandma Hollars speaks

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So does FH think that they whole Croslin family is involved in this crime? Now Chelsea? I don't know, its starting to sound pretty unbelievable to me. You can't keep that many people quiet. Especially these people.

ETA: FH seems much more interested in airing dirty laundry to me. She talks about every member of her family. Some of which she helped raised. KWIM?

She raised Lisa, maybe Lisa was very good at acting (like Misty is) a lot of very good parents have children who turn out bad no matter what a parent does.Lisa and Hank are the only ones who turned their kids into the people they are.IMO I would not be at all surprised to find out they used the kids to lie,steal,pick up drugs anything kids if caught were minors so not as bad as an adult getting caught to supply their own habits.Misty probably was taught to steal off any boyfriends she had to help the family out.Those parents especially Lisa sure does not sound in jail videos like a Mother IMO should sound.I would not call this airing the dirty laundry,She is stepping up for Haleigh.When your family members are involved in a missing child NOTHING should be hidden , she is speaking out on her own child and her grandchildren.
I call that doing the right thing for Haleigh , I just wish more people cared about victims like this woman does.

I've always thought that Misty was in on the theft of the gun that was found in the ditch, so her being involved in the attempt to take the ak-47 is no suprise. I hope someone asks Flora is she thinks it possible that Haleigh was sold or that a ransom was going to be demanded and something happened resulting in her death. I do not believe that anger over a gun not being there resulted in the immediate death of a little girl.

Wow! Your post got me to thinking!! What if Misty had Tommy and Joe take Haleigh to make it look like she was kidnapped? And while Tommy and Joe had her hidden Haleigh had an asthma attack or something and died?? They had planned on holding her for ransom and splitting the money but when Haleigh got sick they could not take her to the hospital because they would be found out? Maybe that is why there are so many stories? To take the heat away from the REAL crime??

I had always thought that Ron was in on it and still do BUT that really makes sense after hearing all the information about the gun they were going to "steal" and split the money!!

She raised Lisa, maybe Lisa was very good at acting (like Misty is) a lot of very good parents have children who turn out bad no matter what a parent does.Lisa and Hank are the only ones who turned their kids into the people they are.IMO I would not be at all surprised to find out they used the kids to lie,steal,pick up drugs anything kids if caught were minors so not as bad as an adult getting caught to supply their own habits.Misty probably was taught to steal off any boyfriends she had to help the family out.Those parents especially Lisa sure does not sound in jail videos like a Mother IMO should sound.I would not call this airing the dirty laundry,She is stepping up for Haleigh.When your family members are involved in a missing child NOTHING should be hidden , she is speaking out on her own child and her grandchildren.
I call that doing the right thing for Haleigh , I just wish more people cared about victims like this woman does.

I agree, It is called tough "LOVE". And not many parents have the ability to use tough "Love" on their children and family members. It is much easier to look the other way for some parents rather than face the reality of what their child has done. Most will enable them, look at Cindy Anthony...if she only would of used some tough love on Casey maybe Caylee would still be alive or found sooner. JMO though.

So Misty is at the trailer. She calls Tommy and Joe and they cook up the theft of the gun.

I would think the first thing Misty would do is check and see if the gun was there.

So Tommy sneaks out of bed and heads to Ron's.

Joe sneaks out and steals the van and heads to the trailer.

All without checking if the gun was there.

I don't think that is the right story yet.

To emphasize you point, just go back to the story she told Misty about "Tommy and Joe taking Haleigh" being in all the newspapers. It was actually a letter Misty had written Chelsea, but granny heard "newspapers." Then she asked Misty why her mama and daddy were lying about it. I think she is telling her story to the best of her ability, but I do think she gets confused.

It might have been in a letter that Misty sent to Chelsea, but Misty did call Flora and tell her about Shell harbor. She did call Flora and ask her to call GGS, that wasn't in the letter to Chelsea.

Flora did not say that she wasn't talking to her daughters, she was specifically asked by Levi if her family was angry with her and she said "yes they are but I don't care." She also stated that Lisa called her and told her how angry she was personally, then called her again on Friday to apologize. Flora did say that she hadn't talked to Misty since she told her about Shell Harbor because she didn't have any pay tel minutes, but she was getting some today.

I wasn't able to listen to the show so it's greatly appreciated that you all took the trouble to recap.

Did FH say who told her the gun theft story, mostly the bit about Misty being in on the plan to rip RC off? Was it Misty? Tommy? Joe? Timmy? Chelsea? Lisa? Hank? Because I'm thinking, if it was Misty who told her so it may have been the one true thing that she's said because she's usually so careful not to present herself in bad light. Maybe she was out to get revenge on RC. Would a gun theft have sufficed?

Gma Hollars mentioned this and Art Harris also chimed in that he heard this as well. This story, if true (who knows) pretty much negates the story that Joe put a knife to Misty's throat and threatened to kill her family if she said anything. It also negates any reason for Joe to be mad or to take Haleigh. There may be some truth in it, Misty may have been tired of seeing the gun, any of Ron's guns. An AR-15 might bring in several hundred dollars from the right person.

The lies, amazing, and apparently they are not smart enough to realize they are digging the hole deeper and the lies make zero sense and even less than zero as they progress. They have entered negative territory. Tommy is the gun theif, guess he might know where to get rid of a gun in the middle of the night. Seeing as how Joe was scheduled to leave the next day, gun or no gun.

I wasn't able to listen to the show so it's greatly appreciated that you all took the trouble to recap.

Did FH say who told her the gun theft story, mostly the bit about Misty being in on the plan to rip RC off? Was it Misty? Tommy? Joe? Timmy? Chelsea? Lisa? Hank? Because I'm thinking, if it was Misty who told her so it may have been the one true thing that she's said because she's usually so careful not to present herself in bad light. Maybe she was out to get revenge on RC. Would a gun theft have sufficed?

Art Harris was the first to bring up the gun theft scam between Tommy and Joe and Misty he said his sources told him the plan all along was to steal and sell the gun. Flora confirmed that yes, Misty told her that was true, that is when Art stated, really, well that is really a bombshell.

Which told me that whoever AH's source was that told him about Misty being in on the gun theft and sale wasn't Flora.....so now we have one same story told by two different sources. Finally some continuity. Oddly enough it also matches one of the stories that Misty told about joe coming after the gun and taking Haleigh when the gun wasn't found in the closet where RC had out it. The truth is there somewhere.

Art Harris was the first to bring up the gun theft scam between Tommy and Joe and Misty he said his sources told him the plan all along was to steal and sell the gun. Flora confirmed that yes, Misty told her that was true, that is when Art stated, really, well that is really a bombshell.

Which told me that whoever AH's source was that told him about Misty being in on the gun theft and sale wasn't Flora.....so now we have one same story told by two different sources. Finally some continuity. Oddly enough it also matches one of the stories that Misty told about joe coming after the gun and taking Haleigh when the gun wasn't found in the closet where RC had out it. The truth is there somewhere.

Flora could have told Lisa and Lisa told Art.

So Misty is at the trailer. She calls Tommy and Joe and they cook up the theft of the gun.

I would think the first thing Misty would do is check and see if the gun was there.

I agree Dr. F, this isn't the exact story but I think this might head somewhere. Of all the various stories we have heard this one rings a little bit truer than the others even though its not quite right. We don't have the exact story yet.

Now I would also think that someone would go and double check and make sure the gun was where it was kept, but then again we are thinking about MC. <sigh>

What I thought about last night, and they were just thoughts before I went to bed--not completely thought through---but I'll go ahead and take the leap and post the thoughts.

1. It was said that JO had a MO when he had previously done B&E's (please let me know when I post something that has since proven to be wrong!) That MO was to use something to prop open a door. We have that at the home that night and that always threw me. Why prop open the door? Was it done in advance, kind of like---arrive at the trailer and stage the outside and go in pick up the gun. The story would have been---MC and the kids were in the Master sleeping so soundly that they didn't hear the intruder come in and take the gun?

2. From this interview we were told that JO and ToC were at the trailer that night by MC (I know it's difficult to take her word on anything). The gun was the reason (not Haleigh) I wonder if all three were going to split the profit from selling the gun?

3. Something went wrong. I don't think that Haleigh was abducted in order to be raped. Something happened at that trailer. Haleigh got up, and something happened. That is when they had to get rid of an injured and/or dying Haleigh.

4. That's as far as I can get trying to sort out this scenario because my mind can't wrap around those kinds of actions. I can't get from the trailer to the woods and river from there. But then again I've never been in a position where a child was seriously injured or killed, murdered while in my care. Not even as a teenager. Sorry rambled there.

all of the above isn't really an opinion, it's just me typing out my thoughts.

I think you might be right Elle.

Elle just kindly answered a question for me on the Q&A thread too that fits into what I posted above (in the thoughts I had last night).

Add to post number 276 number 3.

At about 2:30 AM that night a neighbor reported a woman scream (I think it could have been MC, that might have been when something happened to Haleigh---what happened I don't know).

I thought granny said she has not been in touch with Joe or his mother. I know she said his mother was angry with her. Wonder how she heard this story?

She has a slew of other siblings, so the friend/family base is probably quite large. Then add on community relationships, the corner store, church, etc. Word gets around fast.

What does not make sense about it is that Tommy was over there around 5:30 to 6:00 pm, smoking a joint with his little sister. Seems to me they would have had a prime opportunity to look then for the gun. Instead they all get together in the middle of the night to plan this out ? Not buying it myself but these are some strange people.

I do wonder though if Tommy didn't find a buyer and later brought said buyer by and the deal went bad, possible scenario with this somewhat challenging story line. I just don't see how Joe thought he would get any money out of this deal unless the transaction was planned for that night.

What does not make sense about it is that Tommy was over there around 5:30 to 6:00 pm, smoking a joint with his little sister. Seems to me they would have had a prime opportunity to look then for the gun. Instead they all get together in the middle of the night to plan this out ? Not buying it myself but these are some strange people.

I do wonder though if Tommy didn't find a buyer and later brought said buyer by and the deal went bad, possible scenario with this somewhat challenging story line. I just don't see how Joe thought he would get any money out of this deal unless the transaction was planned for that night.

Do you think that JO was going to carry the gun back to TN with him the next day when he was supposed to leave? Sell it and split the money? But then again, I would't have trusted him to give me my money if I was in on that deal...for sure!

It might have been in a letter that Misty sent to Chelsea, but Misty did call Flora and tell her about Shell harbor. She did call Flora and ask her to call GGS, that wasn't in the letter to Chelsea.

Flora did not say that she wasn't talking to her daughters, she was specifically asked by Levi if her family was angry with her and she said "yes they are but I don't care." She also stated that Lisa called her and told her how angry she was personally, then called her again on Friday to apologize. Flora did say that she hadn't talked to Misty since she told her about Shell Harbor because she didn't have any pay tel minutes, but she was getting some today.

bbm

Let's send GMH the phone money!

I know this probably sounds silly, but what if Misty wanted TN & AS to know for the completely opposite reason: so they could PLANT evidence? They know where Haleigh really is but don't want anyone finding her. So, if they dropped some small clue -- a necklace for example-- for LE to find -- LE might be convinced this is where Haleigh was taken and quit looking elsewhere. Just a thought. Another idea is that LE wanted FH to call AS or TN so they could observe their reactions to where the search was and keep an eye on what they did.

Do you think that JO was going to carry the gun back to TN with him the next day when he was supposed to leave? Sell it and split the money? But then again, I would't have trusted him to give me my money if I was in on that deal...for sure!

No I don't think Joe was going to take the gun back to Tenn with him. He had enough problems, out of state when he wasn't suppose to be, the last thing he would want is a traffic stop with a stolen assault rifle hidden in the vehicle. I doubt the other two would have trusted that scenario, money talks.

That's the reason I'm waiting on version 12 to come out. One day they have to get it right!

IMO, the gun story is true except no one is saying who was angry. The ones involved in trying to steal the gun might be disappointed that it wasn't there but not angry enough to kidnap a litlte girl. However, the one who was getting his property stolen, the one who talked about crushing hands for stealing, would be furious if he found out before or during.

IMO, the gun definitely played a part and I still think Ron's anger over the gun caused injuury to Haleigh.

You have brought up a very interesting possibility - that another, unknown person (gun buyer) may have been involved. This could be the reason why the transaction was done in the middle of the night. It would also set up a confrontation when it turned up that no gun was there. It still seems strange that nobody would have checked to make sure the gun was really there, but that could be just Misty.

What if the gun was there and the "gun buyer" took it (& any drugs that were in the house) and then didn't pay? What if the buyer was a higher up drug dealer and everyone is afraid of him? What if the buyer brandished a knife and took Haleigh? (same as the Joe story but instead the "gun buyer".) Well, these possibilites are getting crazier and they all raise the question of why they didn't immediately call the police after the "gun buyer" left with Haleigh...

What if we combine this story with Misty giving Haleigh some drug to make her sleep - so she wouldn't witness the gun/drug deal and tell Ron? Suppose the gun/drug deal occurred at about 1:30 am & the buyer left. Then they discovered a deceased Haleigh at 2 am and Misty screams. They then stage the kidnapping scene and decide to blame it on the buyer. At 2:30 - 3, Tommy and Joe remove Haleigh and take her to the boat dock. At 3:30, Ron comes home and Misty tells him that someone came and took Haleigh, his gun, and his drugs. Ron tells Misty to call 911. This would explain why we heard cabinet doors slam, as Ron checks where the drugs were stashed. I don't know if this particular gun was legal or not. This would also explain why Ron said that someone "stole" his child. They would have omitted mentioning the drugs and missing gun to LE. Wonder who the "gun buyer" might be...

Another idea is that LE wanted FH to call AS or TN so they could observe their reactions to where the search was and keep an eye on what they did.

I'm thinking the reason Gma Flo received calls from Timmy and Misty 15 minutes apart and they both just happened to "crack" was because it was known that Gma Flo couldn't keep quiet about anything.

LE could get a story out to see what the POI's would do with the info while keeping their involvement private.

Ron's disappointment statement could have been when Ron found out that Misty had Gma Flo call Gma Sykes, he was disappointed because Ron knows Flo talks and did not want a connection from Flo to his family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257
Back