*graphic and adult content* Jodi Arias Trial media/ timeline thread **no discussion**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In June 2010 based upon wife's response - she shared that with Chris @ that point in time - they discused it . . . for a few minutes they believed it . . . . only reason she believed it was because Nurmi told her . . . .
One reason was they looked @ it and the letters didn't make sense - time and calendar didn't make sense - it was JA reconstructing a story that was Chris and his wife's assessment the day they got the letter . . .

The reason the Defense had placed Chris on the witness list to keep him out of the courtroom? Only because to keep him out of the courtroom - Chris felt that way . .. who gave you that information . . .what info? When we had hearing with you previously an your client you asked us to leave the courtroom . . . that is what we deduced from previous.

Well , you and your wife exchanged information with TA that you both felt he was being abusive to JA?

Objection!
Approach!

Defense . . .
Mr. Hughes - I am going toshow you Exhibit #5 - just a few minutes ago I referenced some emails about how TA treated JA . ..

Please read the portion of the email you wrote to him

(silently reading - dagnabit!)

Read the entire portion of the email of your email . . .

Do you have the email that started this conversation I don't see the context of this conversation? From Chris Hughes

Objection he should have the entire email to read . . .

Chris is asking for the context of this email . . . . Defense asks him to review the portion he asked Chris to review . .. .

The subject matter of this email related to TA was treating JA and it wasn't in a kind way - I don't recall I would like to read the first portion

I know you are tryin to wiggle out of it!
Objection!

Begin again - Mr. Hughes do not answer until Prosecutor can make an objection

Objection - he is trying to get in what the email says . . . he doesn' have to characterize it

Overrule to that specific objection - you may answer
Yes

You had conversations with Det. Flores?
Yes
You could see TA losing it with JA right
Objection - relevance

Approach

Mr Hughes what was your reason for contacting Mr. Searcy?
I was curious about why he was on the defense list
Your reason for referring to DA as a snake
I don't recall calling you a snake but I did talk to him about the Atty - expressing my opinion - no reason for doing it.

You were called to testify on JA's behalf would you be happy about that?
No I would not because she murdered my friend in cold blood
Would you cooperate
Yes I would

You said Mr. Searcy likes the attention of the media
the limelight
You gave media an interview
one -

Re-Direct

When was the last time you spoke w/Juan Martinez? (before the other day)
Three years ago
You were not happy about being contacted by Mr. Martinez?
No
Would you cooperate?
Yes

Witness steps down

The Defense is asking for subpoena for Sky Hughes (out of state) - judge will sign

Mr. Searcy is available here today
and Cross exam by telephone from Mr. Abdahali - ready for cross and need to get him on the line

szublg.png

;)

Tiger, could you please post this in the media/timeline thread so that we can reference it when needed? Thank you.

Mr. Abdahadi on phone has had 2 conversations w/Martinez and then in person in 2011 - when Mr. A had an event in Phoenix in mid July 2011. . . . .

They spent 45 minutes together - what Mr. A knew, what he had heard, and what he had spoken to JA about - Martinez had list of things and phone calls to and from JA with Mr. A.

What A was feeling, thought and conversations had about it.

Telephone conversations before - 2 . . . since 7/2011 - one or 2 conversations with Martinez. . . . .

7/2011 conversation discuss relationship with JA . . . .what told Mr. Martinez about it . . . nothing except that interview that defense seemed to know about - they had gotten a lunch and a dinner.

First time he had ever heard that she had gone out with TA . . . she didn't explain that to Mr. A . . . .went to a bookstore -she said she was dabbling in Mormonism - A asked her if TA was the one who introduced her to mORMONISM . . . .

Every 6 weeks they would speak on the phone together - not seen each other socially since that time

What interview were you talking about?
You made mention of the interview I did with Dr. Drew show while I was waiting on hold . . .

It appears that it may have been watching tv . .. .

I didn't not know Iwas not allowed to watch tv until yesterday . . . before I was watching tv but before I was called I turned off the tv and haven't watched since Iwas told not to.

Mr. Martinez contacted Mr. A sometime last week . . . . simply given Mr. Searcy his information and vice versa -Mr. Searcy did not get contacted by Mr. Martinez because GS kept complaining that Prosecutor would not contact Searcy and he seemed bothered by that.

Mr. A watched Mr. Sercy testify yesterday - he didn't know he wasn't supposed to watch until being told yesterday . . . . if he was given advice not to watch the trial on tv or online - he didn't hear that previously. He didn't get online or tv today

Two months after JA was arrested - before that he didn't feel he had a whole lot to share - save for one person he never told anyone else - when he saw JA on tv saying "no jury would convict her" Mr. A contacted Prosecutor office and told him he read police report on line and offered info . . . . Sept 2008, second conversation was Oct or Nov 09.
Mr. A checked in - to let Martinez know he was still available. . . . then July 2011 when Mr. A went in.

Martinez gave no indication as to whether A would be called as a witness . .. . A called prosecutor's office after Defense office called - but it would be good idea conference call with Mr. Martinez and Defense office per Mr. A's Atty's advice.

Mr. A spoke to his own Atty - he reached out to Martinez and agreed to a conference call with Defense Atty and Martinez per A's Atty advice.

Mr. Searcy wanted attention of the media - A admits he speculated that.
A only spoke w/Dr. Drew and has refused all other interviews - Drew was the only one A was comfortable with.

Mr. Searcy is available @ court for re-direct

Disgruntled wanna be pro witness

2vlml1t.png

Gus Searcy on stand . . . contacted County Atty office after this all happened . . . made a phone call and left a message . . . made subsequent calls to County Atty office as info came out . . . . .he had information at first that was relevant then later it became irrelevant and new info was relevant. . . . Mr. A said he was being flown out fo testimony . . he didn't cover any great detail but said GS had information that they may want to know . . . . Mr.A said he had talked to them and he said County Prosecutor would be contacting him . . . someone else was in the car with them .. . that person is afraid to come forward - afraid of Mr.Hughes for business purposes.

Is it your understanding that Mr. Hughes is tryin to disuade you . .. that is interesting - he is high up in the company .. . . how did he know I was even on the list when You (defense) didn't even know . .. he said Defense was a snake, and tried to shake Defense's credibility. . . . .

Prosecutor asks
Gus said he doesn't speak t Chris Hughes very often . . . once every two or three months . . . . he had a seminar for his on business he had flyers in the car. . .

Who is the person in the car?
Not relevant!
Sir, thatis not how it works
Objection
Counsel appoach!

Court ordered GS write name of the person down it will be under seal . . . not public information - parties will have access to the info but it will not be public

GS - what if I refus?

GS is stalling .. .. .

What happens if I decline under the 5th?

We will need to discuss it is that what you would like to do? Do you have an Atty?
Not handy - no

WE will adjourn until tomorrow when you can have time to meet with counsel - you have te ability to hire your own counsel?

GS =- well since I am supposed to leave town - Iwill accept what you have to say as being "credible"

May we approach?
You may!

Judge asks everyone to leave the courtroom - no recording in any way - there will be a proceeding outside of the public

Wed. 1/30 tomorrow - do you expect to have Mrs Hughes the entire day?

Unable to hear . . . .

the 13th, 14th and 15th we have something scheduled in the afternoon

February 8th @ 2:00 . . ..

Hughes says he is not available on the 8th

Lets schedule it for the 13th Wed. @ 1:30. . . .

nothing further for today.

Defense witness Lisa (Andrews) Daidone, former gf of Travis'

2psfxg0.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member