**Graphic and adult content**Jodia Arias Trial Discussion #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI: Unofficial poll "Do you think that JA will take the stand?" results thus far...

11 YES (38%)
18 NO (62%)

Vote on page 78 of this thread.

This is what the medical examiner said was the sequence of injuries.

I wonder why the ME + LE are even giving the defense room to show the order is different than what they came up with. It seems the ME + LE could have not tried to determine the order and just left it open so to prevent the defense from being able to argue otherwise.

I guess they try to show the jury all the steps of what happened, but it does seem dangerous to commit one way or the other in a case like this.

FYI: Unofficial poll "Do you think that JA will take the stand?" results thus far...

11 YES
18 NO

Vote on page 78 of this thread.

Thanks for this poll. It is really interesting. I voted NO because I think she is so much like CA that she will utlimately chicken out and not want to get grilled like others are being grilled on the stand.

I hope I am wrong cause I want to see her get grilled. LOL

Would someone who has followed this all along tell me why it has taken four years for this to come to court???? TIA

i know the defense has delayed and delayed - then quit and she had to get new atty's, in fact the guy defending her right now Nimi (?) tried to quit and then when the state asked for the death penalty then they had to get her special death penalty atty (the lady) - and all of her attys are appointed PD's because she claimed she was indigent

I voted no to her taking the witness stand. But I have never known crazy like this and the defense may decide there is no reason not to let her testify, thinking she may sway one juror. I am still going with normal reasoning here and believing she won't testify and the jury will convict. Surely no one from Florida has moved to Arizona and been seated on this jury. Lol... JMO.

Sorry I am late joining in but glad to be here now. I am so glad this discussion is here. I have no cable, satellite, or internet right now. I only have my phone. Trying to watch the trial is beyond annoying on this crappy phone. I am trying to watch it on youtube. You guys keep me informed. I have been following this case since seeing the 48 Hrs in 08. It is my little obsession. My oldest son thought I was crazy until I showed him this thread. I am not alone. Yay.

WELCOME to Websleuths!!!! :seeya:

You may still be crazy but at least you're in good company... just kidding. Glad to have you here - it's a good place to be.

I wonder why the ME + LE are even giving the defense room to show the order is different than what they came up with. It seems the ME + LE could have not tried to determine the order and just left it open so to prevent the defense from being able to argue otherwise.

I guess they try to show the jury all the steps of what happened, but it does seem dangerous to commit one way or the other in a case like this.

They can't keep that private. It is required that both sides know everything. This is called disclosure.

i know the defense has delayed and delayed - then quit and she had to get new atty's, in fact the guy defending her right now Nimi (?) tried to quit and then when the state asked for the death penalty then they had to get her special death penalty atty (the lady) - and all of her attys are appointed PD's because she claimed she was indigent

I am glad for your post. I have wondered who the female was on the DT. So she is death penalty expert? Interesting. Tough job to try and save a life of someone who just slaughtered a human being Like that.

well w/out an order of events that actually gives the defense more wiggle room - ie: the don't know what they are doing if the can't find sequence of events - but also in order to get the DP they had to premeditation and extreme cruelty - being so many stab wounds and the gun shot to the face after he was dead

Dr. Drew says men are less likely to become obsessed as a reason to stalk. I have to disagree. Plenty of men obsessed and stalkers.

She should've kept her mouth shut, but it's characteristic of someone lying to go on and on and explain things that don't need explaining.

Thats a great point! Thank you.

Also I've mentioned this several times, but I'm stunned that she didn't have a lawyer during interrogation. Even the police must have been nervous about that. They don't want a mis trial or something because she was not represented properly.

I wonder why the DT brought up the text messages from the Thompson's? I am thinking this will be brought into their defense somehow. Anyone kow more about this couple?

well w/out an order of events that actually gives the defense more wiggle room - ie: the don't know what they are doing if the can't find sequence of events - but also in order to get the DP they had to premeditation and extreme cruelty - being so many stab wounds and the gun shot to the face after he was dead

I think this judge ruled cruelty regardless of sequence of events if memory serves me correctly.

Just for kicks, say folks believe JA's ninja story....(major eye rolls here)
I would have to ask her:
1. Did you call an ambulance for TA as you say he was still alive?
2. Did you call your family and give them a warning that they may be in danger of these murdering ninjas?
3. Did you call the police and inform them that your family may be in danger and they needed protection?
4. Why do you take the "word" of 2 murdering ninja's that no harm will come to you when they attempted, according to JA, to shoot you but the gun jammed?

Ya'll have any questions for her?

Thats a great point! Thank you.

Also I've mentioned this several times, but I'm stunned that she didn't have a lawyer during interrogation. Even the police must have been nervous about that. They don't want a mis trial or something because she was not represented properly.

that is why i think she will testify

Definitely overkill! And it seems he was aware of most of it!
The week earlier report of the stolen gun, then she shoots him shows premeditation. Plus all the stabbings. At what point did she say to herself just one more and he will be dead? Premeditation can happen in a split second. Yep. Premeditation is obvious with this one. So is extreme cruelty!
Imo

Ok I don't believe I'm saying this but it seems shooting first would be easy. Meaning less chance of TA defending himself and more chance of her gaining the upper hand. I'm just thinking TA could see knife and deflect it in time unless his eyes were closed. I'm not sure why but in her lie I think she may have told the truth, she shot him first stunning him and then went for the knife.

It seems it might be easy but if he had been shot first he never would have made it down the hallway to the bedroom carpeting. But, of course, she would have no way of knowing that then. I believe the ME determined it was last by the path of the bullet and what it would have effected in the brain. JA has been very careful to avoid the truth through this whole thing. I don't think she would suddenly start with how she actually killed him. jmo

I think this judge ruled cruelty regardless of sequence of events if memory serves me correctly.

i think she can rule it as a possible charge against the perp, but ultimatley it is in the jurors hands if they agree - which is why she is also being charged on a lessor count of murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela