**Graphic and adult content**Jodia Arias Trial Discussion #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, then how do you explain the fact that the bullet to the face came from above? Do you think that he was able to jump up and run around the room getting stabbed? If the gunshot came first, why would she stop with one if he was then running around and bleeding over the sink? If the shot went through the brain, as the ME said it did, then how can this be explained?

The brain is a funny thing many get shot in the head and live, how did he get stabbed in the heart and live for awhile. Maybe she stopped at one because the gun jammed as she said in the ninja interview, truth in lies? Let me be clear here, JA is guilty unless something major comes from the DT which we haven't heard yet.

IMO, I have seen ME's get things wrong on quite a few cases. Just recently, there was the Lotto winning guy that died day after winning the LOTTO, and was ruled natural causes until family started questioning. Whoops, he died of cyanide poisoning. Its things like this where I don't necessarily agree with their opinions on things. The ME should have suspected there could be foul play right from the get-go because someone ending up dead the day after LOTTO winning is way too suspicious. So, if ME can get something so obvious wrong, what other mistakes could be made. Quite a few IMO.

The ME may have it right in this case, but for me, I think the jury is still out on whether gun was used first or last. I'm kinda leaning towards first, and someone brought up a possibility of gun jamming. If it was .25 semi-automatic, then that possibility exists the gun could have jammed after first shot with gun. I have seen semi-auto handguns jam on quite a few occasions, and if there is a jamming problem, then it could easily jam after 1 shot.

Sometimes, if the right type of shell is not bought with enough "powder" in the shell, it could cause jamming even though the right shell was bought. For instance, I once had a .380 semi-auto where I had to buy certain shells with a hgher powder grain (magnum) type shell. If I bought the lower powder (regular) shells for it, it would jam every time.

The reason the first shell works is because you manually work the action to load the 1st shell manually. As the first round fires, it ejects the casing and tries to auto-load the next shell, which is where the jamming would occur.

Semi-auto guns can jam at any point in the shooting process, but I have found when they do jam, it is typically after the 1st shell fires.

I always use "magnum" powder (larger number of grains of powder) in my semi-auto guns for this reason, and I have much less jamming issues. Also, to avoid jamming altogether, one could buy a revolver instead. To me, it is a much simpler handgun to use for new persons who want to pursue protection and are somewhat afraid of guns and their complexity.

the only place that a gun jam ever came up was during an interview where she was explaining the ninjas and after they killed travis ninja girl tried to kill her and the gun jammed so she was able to get away and jump in another dudes bed - so the jamming isn't in evidence and the was only 1 casing found

I notice when she stretches she like to spread her legs apart and she does this while sitting in the chair with detective questioning her.

What was the deal at one point when she had a fist to each temple? I thought we were going to see "fisties"!

her movements remind me of yoga stretches and the face massage and fist to temple also are stress relief techniques. I've been taught to pressure my temples for stress and headache. Not saying that's definitely what she was doing. Just that that's what I thought of when I saw it.

Absolutely! I have one myself, for years. Multiple protective orders, arrests (including many felony charges), a knife, peering in windows, busting thru multiple windows, ankle monitor violations, suicide threats dozens and dozens of times, threats, weird gifts, creepy deliveries, 5 or 6 different inpatient hospitalizations in mental institutions, jail time, etc. Currently in the middle of filing another protective order.

I feel like I am always reading about male stalkers. Maybe they just take their stalking to a criminal level more than women, but women exhibit obsessive stalking behavior more. Perhaps that is what he is trying to say. I think most women can admit to a crazy relationship moment at least ONCE (snooping around home, checking email, phone history, internet history, etc.) That, to me, is not stalking, nor obsessive, if done once or so. Nothing to be proud of, though. I've done it back in the day, lol.

Gosh, sorry to hear that. I know what it's like from experience, too. Leaves you hyper-vigilant which can be the gift of fear.

Stalking vs Protecting Yourself by Snooping?
I think if you are being gas lighted to believe you're the crazy one, and there's a hidden agenda that you need to uncover to protect your sanity, then either do some self-protection snooping or hire that tv show cheaters. Oh, I don't know, I think it's what you do with the info that's important. You shouldn't kill because of it. Or tear some woman's wig off on national tv either.

Please do tell! Who are they?

Just looking around for information on what I hear during the trial. Google can be my friend. The first thing I found is disturbing. Then several pages later I find a Mormon motivational speaker with that name. At least it looks like that's what it is. DO NOT KNOW if they are one and the same and rather doubt it. I did look back......and the defense brought up the name on cross examination, and the prosecution objected....sidebar and it was not mentioned again.

There could be many reasons that she used the knife instead of the gun. None of us know these reasons. I don't believe that you will see an expert from the defense side saying that the gun shot came first because they are trying to prove that she killed Travis because he attacked her. If, in fact, she did shoot him first, why then would she go about stabbing him while he tried to crawl away from her and then slit his throat? That wouldn't go toward their argument. The gunshot could have come last for as simple a reason as she wanted to make damned sure he was dead. Because of the trajectory of the bullet, she had to be standing OVER him. None of this would play well for the defense.

Yes, I mentioned this in an ETA in my first post. I do see that point. I was thinking it could be possible that she shot him first. He didn't die (for whatever reason) she tried shooting again, gun misfired (a slight truth to her ninja lie where she originally said the ninja's fired at her but the gun didn't go off for some reason.) At that point she was enraged and stabbed him repeatedly.

I guess what I have a hard time understanding is how you get shot above the eyebrow the bullet travels through your brain (but doesn't hit the back of the skull, I believe ME testified to that) but yet lodges in the cheek?? I mean, it can't do a uturn. And if I remember correctly, the ME also said the brain matter was liquified mush. I am not doubting him, just trying to understand how one can determine the path and severity when the brain is no longer in tact. I'm really not trying to argue, just trying to understand. :)

I am going to go and find the ME's testimony again because I do not remember him saying that the bullet went through his brain at all. I recall that the shot went in on the right side near ear/eye and lodged in his left cheek. It seems that would be a shot through his sinuses more than his brain.

That is my opinion.

I hope you own a gun, or have a big scary dog. Some sort of protection!

That's the irony. My sweet pit bull that I posted about earlier knows him, so she hasn't even barked the two major times that he either busted out my windows, or tried to. I have an alarm, many lawyers, and a VERY involved court system.

This board, and those who post here, have given me strength in ways that go beyond words, and a focus beyond myself and my own problems. My appreciation for WS is infinite.

TA should have stayed totally away from JA, but he never could have predicted this, esp being bigger and stronger than her. I'm sure that he felt safe, physically. But he did some things VERY VERY right. He told many of his friends about her antics. That, IMO, would have put her behind bars even if those pictures were never found. His friends knew IMMEDIATELY who did this. That's little consolation, I know, but he did insure that she was caught, and could not kill again. Such a tragedy.

Just for kicks, say folks believe JA's ninja story....(major eye rolls here)
I would have to ask her:
1. Did you call an ambulance for TA as you say he was still alive?
2. Did you call your family and give them a warning that they may be in danger of these murdering ninjas?
3. Did you call the police and inform them that your family may be in danger and they needed protection?
4. Why do you take the "word" of 2 murdering ninja's that no harm will come to you when they attempted, according to JA, to shoot you but the gun jammed?

Ya'll have any questions for her?

I can hear it now, "My cell phone was dead!"

Never said that people can't have opinions. And, anyone can choose to ignore obvious facts. That's certainly up to everyone here.

However, it doesn't take much brain power at all to know that with the amount of blood in that room, and the gunshot going through the brain, that he was stabbed and had his throat slit first. This isn't just my opinion, it is a fact in the case.

Don't forget the line of questioning by the defense attorney regarding the bullet. The bullet may have somehow managed to avoid the brain despite its trajectory, all because decomp had set in and there wasn't enough brain tissue left for the ME to determine what kind of damage the bullet did to the brain.

I know for me that raises all sorts of questions about what happened with the order of injuries inflicted and it's also left me very confused about the basic laws of physics. ;)

I don't if the Dustin Thompson I'm thinking of is the same Dustin Thompson involved in this case yet. So I don't want to post anything. That's why I asked for more information. Do we know the age or location of that person or anything about what the communications were about?

should have said "I don't KNOW" if, etc.

I know nada, other than hearing the defense refer to them today. I can't even remember the context! :blushing:

Ok, then how do you explain the fact that the bullet to the face came from above? Do you think that he was able to jump up and run around the room getting stabbed? If the gunshot came first, why would she stop with one if he was then running around and bleeding over the sink? If the shot went through the brain, as the ME said it did, then how can this be explained?

I'm thinking maybe she was getting him to pose for her in numerous positions and maybe got him to sit down in the shower. If the gun jammed after that 1st shot, she may have had the knife as a backup. Its just a theory, and I could very well be wrong.

The brain is a funny thing many get shot in the head and live, how did he get stabbed in the heart and live for awhile. Maybe she stopped at one because the gun jammed as she said in the ninja interview, truth in lies? Let me be clear here, JA is guilty unless something major comes from the DT which we haven't heard yet.

Easy. The ME said that the shot to the brain would have killed him. If she had shot him once to start with, what would be the reason to start stabbing and not just shoot again and again until he was dead? The stab to the heart could have just nicked the heart so that he bled out slowly and had the strength to crawl down the hall, as he did, losing strength with every second. Yes, she had the gun, but maybe it wasn't as easily accessible as the knife was. And, the knife was working wasn't it? So why change in the middle of the attack? She drug him into the shower after stabbing him and slicing his throat, went to grab the gun and then put the final bullet into his head to make sure he was dead.

I am going to go and find the ME's testimony again because I do not remember him saying that the bullet went through his brain at all. I recall that the shot went in on the right side near ear/eye and lodged in his left cheek. It seems that would be a shot through his sinuses more than his brain.

That is my opinion.

I remember something similar.

And I am sorry that you are getting such a rude response for your queries. Of COURSE you are entitled to go over testimony and evidence as much as any other person here. Nobody here at WS has any special insider info that gives them the right to ridicule others' posts.

I am glad you are here and thanks for your views!

I notice when she stretches she like to spread her legs apart and she does this while sitting in the chair with detective questioning her.

What was the deal at one point when she had a fist to each temple? I thought we were going to see "fisties"!

I know right?? I'll bet Det. Flores did not appreciate that. He's seen that cooter before.
Very bizarre body language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a hypothetical question for folks that think perhaps the gunshot occured first....

Why did JA bring a knife to a gun fight?

Don't forget the line of questioning by the defense attorney regarding the bullet. The bullet may have somehow managed to avoid the brain despite its trajectory, all because decomp had set in and there wasn't enough brain tissue left for the ME to determine what kind of damage the bullet did to the brain.

I know for me that raises all sorts of questions about what happened with the order of injuries inflicted and it's also left me very confused about the basic laws of physics. ;)

I totally agree. After seeing the documented case of the chicken that had its head completely cut off and living for quite a few days/weeks/etc., nothing surprises me much anymore about how much a wounded person could move around after being critically wounded.

Easy. The ME said that the shot to the brain would have killed him. If she had shot him once to start with, what would be the reason to start stabbing and not just shoot again and again until he was dead? The stab to the heart could have just nicked the heart so that he bled out slowly and had the strength to crawl down the hall, as he did, losing strength with every second. Yes, she had the gun, but maybe it wasn't as easily accessible as the knife was. And, the knife was working wasn't it? So why change in the middle of the attack? She drug him into the shower after stabbing him and slicing his throat, went to grab the gun and then put the final bullet into his head to make sure he was dead.

bbm --

possibly b/c the gun jammed and didn't fire a second time. As someone posted several days ago, a little truth to every lie.

Gosh, sorry to hear that. I know what it's like from experience, too. Leaves you hyper-vigilant which can be the gift of fear.

I think if you are being gas lighted to believe you're the crazy one, and there's a hidden agenda that you need to uncover to protect your sanity, then either do some self-protecting snooping or hire that tv show cheaters. I also strongly suggest running all kinds of searches before you date someone you don't know well. I'm strongly against getting spiteful and going to revenge once you find out the truth. No, I wouldn't tear some other woman's wig off on national tv.

Hyper-vigilant. Now that is a word that I have been called before by an "expert." Haven't heard that word in a while, lol. Memories...

My crazy relationship moment happened before all of my craziness with my stalker. It was a weak moment, and I laugh about it now. I basically opened a few drawers for a bit. But I still feel creepy about it. hahaha.

I guess that is what separates normal from Jodi...one quick drawer peek with years of guilt vs. 29 stab wounds, a slit throat, and a gunshot wound with NO guilt at all. Wow, that adds a creepy perspective.

It seems it might be easy but if he had been shot first he never would have made it down the hallway to the bedroom carpeting. But, of course, she would have no way of knowing that then. I believe the ME determined it was last by the path of the bullet and what it would have effected in the brain. JA has been very careful to avoid the truth through this whole thing. I don't think she would suddenly start with how she actually killed him. jmo

There was really no bleeding/hemorrhaging in the brain as there was no blood pressure. A traumatic injury that causes a loss of blood volume results in a sequence of events (very rapidly) that raises the blood pressure and heart rate to get blood to the brain and other vital organs, sparing all other body parts. Travis' blood pressure could not be raised because there was no volume due to the puncture of the vena cava and more important, the carotid artery (comes right off the aortic arch) and jugular vein in the neck that feeds and drains the brain respectively. The human body's capacity to compensate is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member