**Graphic and adult content**Jodia Arias Trial Discussion #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There could be many reasons that she used the knife instead of the gun. None of us know these reasons. I don't believe that you will see an expert from the defense side saying that the gun shot came first because they are trying to prove that she killed Travis because he attacked her. If, in fact, she did shoot him first, why then would she go about stabbing him while he tried to crawl away from her and then slit her throat? That wouldn't go toward their argument. The gunshot could have come last for as simple a reason as she wanted to make damned sure he was dead. Because of the trajectory of the bullet, she had to be standing OVER him. None of this would play well for the defense.

Oh had no idea that she was over him. I missed that testimony.

I am watching some of the tapes they showed today, of the interview at the station, where they finally tell Arias that they have saved the pictures from the camera. And she jumps right into a long spiel of lame but creative excuses---the time stamp is wrong, someone must be framing me, that is an old camera I had in storage---She reminds me so much of FCA. She and Casey even look like each other. Gross.

Oh had no idea that she was over him. I missed that testimony.

The trajectory of the bullet came from above. Thus, she was standing over him. When the ME determines cause of death and sequence of wounds, he/she doesn't just guess. They make the statement from scientific proof.

oh my, I think I see what you mean. I missed how they are involved in this case, though. Did you catch it? I see that there were messages of some sort?

Well, I don't want to say too much but there is info out there that is disturbing, and I can't remember who objected to the names being brought up. I think the defense asked the question and the prosecution objected. But having watched all that mess today and yesterday my head is just spinning.

I think because she had a gun and obviously took it for a reason, it doesn't make sense to some of us. She went to great lengths to try to cover up that gun. I realize she is likely a psychopath and what she did might never make sense to any of us. I also believe that there is likely another expert witness for the defense that says the bullet wound could have came first. Mostly I just find it fascinating.

She has admitted to pressuring him into getting into the shower against his protests. I feel like she did this because she wanted to use an untraceable knife to kill him, and the shower would be easy clean up, and contain the crime scene. I think that the gun was her initial plan, but perhaps she thought better of it since there was a theft record linking her to the gun.

I think that she was not expecting TA to fight back so much and make his way out of the shower, and maybe the gunshot wound happened to insure he was dead. The girl is NOT as smart as she thinks she is. Her well thought out plans are terrible, as evidenced by her videoed ninja story today. She is a complete moron, on top of being an evil monster. hahaha, that is probably one of the worst insults that she could imagine. MORON.

I'm sorry I thought he said he wasn't sure because of decomposition.

IIRC, the ABSOLUTE trajectory was NOT determined due to the cerebral decomposition. The entry wound and final resting place of the bullet provided the probable path, the part of the brain that was compromised/transected is the area where dedicated function (ie. movement on demand) would be. http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/kinser/Structure1.html
The subsequent activities of the decedent would NOT have occurred had the gunshot been the primary wound.

The brain tissue decomposes very rapidly as in looses its structure.

Guys...the EXPERT has already said that the shot came last. Why is this even still a question? I'm not understanding.

IMO, I have seen ME's get things wrong on quite a few cases. Just recently, there was the Lotto winning guy that died day after winning the LOTTO, and was ruled natural causes until family started questioning. Whoops, he died of cyanide poisoning. Its things like this where I don't necessarily agree with their opinions on things. The ME should have suspected there could be foul play right from the get-go because someone ending up dead the day after LOTTO winning is way too suspicious. So, if ME can get something so obvious wrong, what other mistakes could be made. Quite a few IMO.

The ME may have it right in this case, but for me, I think the jury is still out on whether gun was used first or last. I'm kinda leaning towards first, and someone brought up a possibility of gun jamming. If it was .25 semi-automatic, then that possibility exists the gun could have jammed after first shot with gun. I have seen semi-auto handguns jam on quite a few occasions, and if there is a jamming problem, then it could easily jam after 1 shot.

Sometimes, if the right type of shell is not bought with enough "powder" in the shell, it could cause jamming even though the right shell was bought. For instance, I once had a .380 semi-auto where I had to buy certain shells with a hgher powder grain (magnum) type shell. If I bought the lower powder (regular) shells for it, it would jam every time.

The reason the first shell works is because you manually work the action to load the 1st shell manually. As the first round fires, it ejects the casing and tries to auto-load the next shell, which is where the jamming would occur.

Semi-auto guns can jam at any point in the shooting process, but I have found when they do jam, it is typically after the 1st shell fires.

I always use "magnum" powder (larger number of grains of powder) in my semi-auto guns for this reason, and I have much less jamming issues. Also, to avoid jamming altogether, one could buy a revolver instead. To me, it is a much simpler handgun to use for new persons who want to pursue protection and are somewhat afraid of guns and their complexity.

The trajectory of the bullet came from above. Thus, she was standing over him. When the ME determines cause of death and sequence of wounds, he/she doesn't just guess. They make the statement from scientific proof.

Hahaha didn't think they "just guess" on trajectory I missed that part of the trial.

Guys...the EXPERT has already said that the shot came last. Why is this even still a question? I'm not understanding.
Because an expert can also be incorrect.

We all have our opinions on what happened and we are able to voice them here.

Just because we think JA is guilty and are on the prosecution's "side", we don't have to necessarily agree with every aspect of what they present in their case.

No reason to massage her face if she was stiff from sitting, though.

I notice when she stretches she like to spread her legs apart and she does this while sitting in the chair with detective questioning her.

What was the deal at one point when she had a fist to each temple? I thought we were going to see "fisties"!

oh my, I think I see what you mean. I missed how they are involved in this case, though. Did you catch it? I see that there were messages of some sort?

Please do tell! Who are they?

IMO, I have seen ME's get things wrong on quite a few cases. Just recently, there was the Lotto winning guy that died day after winning the LOTTO, and was ruled natural causes until family started questioning. Whoops, he died of cyanide poisoning. Its things like this where I don't necessarily agree with their opinions on things. The ME should have suspected there could be foul play right from the get-go because someone ending up dead the day after LOTTO winning is way too suspicious. So, if ME can get something so obvious wrong, what other mistakes could be made. Quite a few IMO.

The ME may have it right in this case, but for me, I think the jury is still out on whether gun was used first or last. I'm kinda leaning towards first, and someone brought up a possibility of gun jamming. If it was .25 semi-automatic, then that possibility exists the gun could have jammed after first shot with gun. I have seen semi-auto handguns jam on quite a few occasions, and if there is a jamming problem, then it could easily jam after 1 shot.

Sometimes, if the right type of shell is not bought with enough "powder" in the shell, it could cause jamming even though the right shell was bought. For instance, I once had a .380 semi-auto where I had to buy certain shells with a hgher powder grain (magnum) type shell. If I bought the lower powder (regular) shells for it, it would jam every time.

The reason the first shell works is because you manually work the action to load the 1st shell manually. As the first round fires, it ejects the casing and tries to auto-load the next shell, which is where the jamming would occur.

Semi-auto guns can jam at any point in the shooting process, but I have found when they do jam, it is typically after the 1st shell fires.

I always use "magnum" powder (larger number of grains of powder) in my semi-auto guns for this reason, and I have much less jamming issues. Also, to avoid jamming altogether, one could buy a revolver instead. To me, it is a much simpler handgun to use for new persons who want to pursue protection and are somewhat afraid of guns and their complexity.

Ok, then how do you explain the fact that the bullet to the face came from above? Do you think that he was able to jump up and run around the room getting stabbed? If the gunshot came first, why would she stop with one if he was then running around and bleeding over the sink? If the shot went through the brain, as the ME said it did, then how can this be explained?

Might ask Lillian Glass, lol.

Nervous. The sympathetic nervous system clicked on, the fight or flight system. Adrenalin is released, speeding up the heart rate, slows down the digestive system which in turn causes the mouth to become very dry and mucus secretions to become very thick.

I am watching some of the tapes they showed today, of the interview at the station, where they finally tell Arias that they have saved the pictures from the camera. And she jumps right into a long spiel of lame but creative excuses---the time stamp is wrong, someone must be framing me, that is an old camera I had in storage---She reminds me so much of FCA. She and Casey even look like each other. Gross.

wait til you get to the ninjas!

Because an expert can also be incorrect.

We all have our opinions on what happened and we are able to voice them here.

Just because we think JA is guilty and are on the prosecution's "side", we don't have to necessarily agree with every aspect of what they present in their case.

<modsnip>

<modsnip> with the amount of blood in that room, and the gunshot going through the brain, that he was stabbed and had his throat slit first. This isn't just my opinion, it is a fact in the case.

Can you explain why please? Other than the bullet casing on top of blood.

I think the following post explains it pretty well:

Not really directing this at you, just been trying to catch up and have been reading post after post with people stating they think Travis was shot first....

The Medical Examiner, Dr. Kevin Horn, testified on the stand that just one of the reasons he came to the conclusions that Travis was shot last is because Travis did suffer such severe defensive wounds to his hands.

The ME said that being shot through the frontal lobe of the brain would have prevented Travis from raising his arms in self defense, and would have rendered Travis incapable of fighting for his life, and especially made it impossible for him to try to crawl away.

There are other reasons why it only makes sense that Travis was shot last, such as the bullet casing being on top of the pool of blood, but the injury and shock the brain would suffer after being shot in that particular section of his head seemed to me to be the most convincing point of the ME's testimony about when Travis was shot.

Please do tell! Who are they?

I don't if the Dustin Thompson I'm thinking of is the same Dustin Thompson involved in this case yet. So I don't want to post anything. That's why I asked for more information. Do we know the age or location of that person or anything about what the communications were about?

should have said "I don't KNOW" if, etc.

One of my favorite moments is when she asks the detective, "Are you sure it's me?" in response to the naked pictures. He responds by assuring her that YES, he's very sure it's her, that the pictures have been blown up and she has the same mole as the nude woman in the photo. And she still tries to slither her way out of the situation. Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela