**Graphic and adult content**Jodia Arias Trial Discussion #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the defense going to ask for a mistrial due to the airing of the photographs while on break or while they were off camera yesterday?
They had sent the jury out; then they took a break, next thing I knew there were all the graphic photos on the screen with someone using a pen on the Elmo...showing certain things in the background. I wasn't sure if the Judge hit the mute or what. But was surprised to see TA and JA and the extremely graphic photos, esp her *advertiser censored* shot. (!!) Egads! I'm glad no one else was in the house. I think they will ask for a mistrial first thing this morning. They seem to want out of this case.

It's such a shame that she overpowered him. Do we know his position when the attack initially began? She is beyond evil!

I'm not sure.

Iirc the same thing happened during the Casey Anthony trial. The live feed captured pics we were never meant to see. Someone was placing them on the Elmo.

I think the exhibits were provided to the media and its the medias responsibility to blur out. Pics are public record unless the judge issues an order sealing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This case, more than any others that I have seen, make me want to understand how sociopaths/psychopaths/narcissists are made. WHAT makes a person turn out this way? So many of them...Scott Peterson, Casey Anthony, Jodi Arias....and so, SO many more. What causes it? Hopefully, someday, they will be able to explain it because it's something I really want to know.

The pic in the shower where his hands are holding his heart...is there blood underneath his hands? Is that why both hands are there? Had she already stabbed him in the heart?

I've wondered this exact same thing.

He might have said he was still going to Mexico and she couldn't go!

That is my opinion as well. What I pick up from Travis' posture/ demeanor from the photos is that he's not into her. I get that he thought JA was a nut case. She shows up at his house in the middle of the night unannounced. They were f-buddies. He's a guy and getting laid was an option. You can tell from the photos after the act that he doesn't care that she is still there. I think he must have been in the "if you ignore it, it will go away" frame of mind. He was probably trying to figure out how to get rid of her so he could get things ready for his trip. I don't think he necessarily knew she was taking photos of him in the shower. I do think he was ignoring her. Had he been into taking photos while in the shower, he would have glanced over to her for at least one. I think he finally just had enough and let her know that he wanted her to leave. that is the **SNAP** moment. (remember "I will NOT be ignored!" by Glen Close?)

I can't see why he would sit on the floor of the shower unless he was being forced to. He looks scared. The gun is the only thing I can think of. He doubted that she would use it so went along with it. -or - If she was brandishing the knife, I think he would reach for it instead. Could he have done that and she cut his hand? Then he went down in the shower like she instructed (hence the frightened, scared face). Raise the crazy DEFCON level to 1!!

Sorry for the longwindedness. That's just how I envision it going down.

I want to start off by Thanking all of you for your awesome posts, links and opinions :)

I was wondering if the friends/roommates of TA whom have spoken out on JVM, NG , In-Session, etc.. can still be witnesses at the trial?

As for the shower pictures, I really didn't see anything in them that I wouldn't do during the course of a shower. If I am cold at the start of it I put my arms to me chest, if my muscles are tight I would stretch out my back with my arms held up high. If I was exhausted after being up and dealing with a psycho ex gf who had finally just left...I might just sit in the shower and then when I notice her there with a camera I would probably have that same strange expression on my face as he did right before being attacked.

This case, more than any others that I have seen, make me want to understand how sociopaths/psychopaths/narcissists are made. WHAT makes a person turn out this way? So many of them...Scott Peterson, Casey Anthony, Jodi Arias....and so, SO many more. What causes it? Hopefully, someday, they will be able to explain it because it's something I really want to know.

I don't think they ever will be able to explain this.

And the details she gives are so bizzare to me. I have never seen anything like it.
From how she bought 2 pair of pants, one to small but good price so bought them wtf is all that.
Very strange all around to me.

I think she was admitting to having a DARK pair with a stripe down the back, but they were (surprise) too small! But alas, she does own a LIGHT pair, that she didn't bring on that trip-!!! Another bit of truth in her lies.

Is the defense going to ask for a mistrial due to the airing of the photographs while on break or while they were off camera yesterday?
They had sent the jury out; then they took a break, next thing I knew there were all the graphic photos on the screen with someone using a pen on the Elmo...showing certain things in the background. I wasn't sure if the Judge hit the mute or what. But was surprised to see TA and JA and the extremely graphic photos, esp her *advertiser censored* shot. (!!) Egads! I'm glad no one else was in the house. I think they will ask for a mistrial first thing this morning. They seem to want out of this case.
IMO the defense is likely to ask for a mistrial because it's Tuesday. ;)

It is extremely unlikely they'd be granted a mistrial on such grounds as the photos. To my knowledge the judge didn't proffer specific instructions to the media in terms of the pictures - but even if she did - an admonition, I believe, is most likely with media blackout being worst case scenario. (The media would fight that ruling mightily though and it could take some time to resolve.)

Not an attorney so just my opinion. (The photos were shown to a home audience which would do nothing to endanger a prejudice against Jodi.)

I wonder if he was already aware that she had the gun and maybe they had even used it as a sex toy. That way, even if she were showing it while he was in the shower, he wouldn't be afraid of it. She could do anything without him being suspicious beforehand.
Just a thought...

If the photos were deleted on the camera found in the washing machine, how can they be retrieved?

If the photos were deleted on the camera found in the washing machine, how can they be retrieved?

I think they were saying that they weren't really deleted. Forensic software can uncover many photos from CD/DVDs and cameras that people think have been deleted, but aren't really. My dad has a software company and primarily sells forensic software he developed to law enforcement agencies for the sole purpose of recovering "deleted" pictures from digital media.

Just some random thoughts-

I think the nekkid photos are def post coital.

I think it's likely he knew she was photographing him the shower, and that she was instructing him, at least some, to get the shots of his back and he does kinda look a little like he is flexing his arms in some. I think the kernal of truth is that either she almost or did drop the camera, trying to start an altercation, or knew he would get impatient about the photos and tried to initiate some emotion rising with that...all the while gauging how to best position him to start her attack...

I think it is possible that by the time she photographs him sitting, she may have made him sit with the gun. Something about the position he is sitting in, the expression on his face, all look nothing at all like the sensuous photos directly before.

Really wish I knew what she said to him in those last moments. I bet she said something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member