Graphic Photos/ Day 6 The Garotte, The Cord, and Paint brush/12 Days of JonBenet

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh yeah, I only meant the slip-knot, or the part that comprised the noose.. not the end that was wrapped around the paintbrush. I have even wondered if the cord was right there beside them - around those paintings next to the paint tray (and this is all just speculation):
attachment.php

kanzz,
BBM: That's a possibility. Someone needs to measure those frames then compare with the ligature cord length?

I've seen two vertical loops and one horizontal across the top to act as a carrying handle handle being constructed, so I know it can be done?

Zoriah - exactly. Lou Smit with his 'auto-erotic' sexual torture fantasy was a creation of his very vivid imagination. It was just a cord tied around a string and double knotted around her neck. No super secret mystery is needed to solve the knotted cord.

Zoriah - exactly. Lou Smit with his 'auto-erotic' sexual torture fantasy was a creation of his very vivid imagination. It was just a cord tied around a string and double knotted around her neck. No super secret mystery is needed to solve the knotted cord.

Kinda creepy about Mr. RedHerring. I always have red flags when people read more into a contraption than what it really is.

Don't know where to post this.

Was on FFJ, hope it's okay to share this pic.

This is so weird to me. Weird coincidence? Could that crazy brother have tried to make Jb into a doll? And vice versa?

Attachments

• IMG_3267.jpg
    IMG_3267.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 106
There was quite a bit more cord found on JBR's body than could be found in one of those dolls - surely?

JBR also had her hands bound with loops 15" apart.

kanzz,
BBM: That's a possibility. Someone needs to measure those frames then compare with the ligature cord length?

I've seen two vertical loops and one horizontal across the top to act as a carrying handle handle being constructed, so I know it can be done?

so a 12"x12" would be minimum 6 ft plus of cord?

but if the cord was pre-used would it not
bear marks where it was tied or bent,
color from the paint ... etc

Miz, over at FFJ a poster has the dolls and actually did some measuring. I read it quickly, but thought she said that the measurements from the doll cords were very similar in length to the crime scene cords on Jb :(

Check out forums for justice. Poster I grabbed the pic from is cherokee (I think)
Can't wait to see what u think.

AdMademoiselle, I too got curious after reading those comments on FFJ a while ago. So I did some research.

There are videos of people restringing their American Girl dolls on youtube. Basically re-tightening the limb joints. To do this you have to undo the cord at their necks, take out the wadding and then put new or tighter elastic bands, metal inserts on the cords of each individual limb, while turned inside out. In my opinion neither the cord at the neck nor those on the limbs seem long enough for both the neck ligature and the arm restraints. In all the videos I checked (which were 5 in total), the strings did not appear to be similar to the ligature cord at all, they seemed rounder, not flattened, and more cotton-based than polyester. MOO

How to Restring your American girl doll (skip to 2:45)

[video=youtube;6-LZoO1GJKM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-LZoO1GJKM[/video]

Since I can't post more than one video clip per comment, sorry for the double post.

Here is another vid showing the various strings in an American Girl doll (skip to 1:15):

[video=youtube;_ctW2VpPwZ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ctW2VpPwZ4[/video]

Z, I see your point that there's probably not enough cord. But! Isn't looking at that pic of the back of the doll & Jb eerily similar? With the same long blond hair and same white cord. I never knew dolls had cords around their necks, we never had those. Maybe bro thought it was for playtime. I believe he is that demented.
Maybe that's why the sis grabbed the doll, probably had B's DNA all ova it- yuck

Don't know where to post this.

Was on FFJ, hope it's okay to share this pic.

This is so weird to me. Weird coincidence? Could that crazy brother have tried to make Jb into a doll? And vice versa?

My vote - No.

He isn't psychotic cuckoo... he's sociopathic (no matter which cluster anyone thinks he fits best). There's a big difference between psychosis and sociopathy. I think one would have to be psychotic to try to turn a human into a doll. What happened here was straight up murder. Somehow this feels like giving him a pass to me, i.e. not guilty by reason of insanity.. and I just can't go there.

OT - I so wish I could recover my FFJ password! It's attached to an old email addy / website I no longer own.

If the person had used a dark haired & skinned doll in the photo would it have been as eerily similar, though? And as I said in a previous comment the strings in the doll, do not seem to be a match for the ligature cord visually. Not the same cord.

I think it's natural for us humans to look for patterns, for deeper meanings & connections. In this case, I think it's just an interesting image juxtaposition and speculation, but not supported by any actual physical evidence that we know of right now. That could change, of course.

Hadn't heard anyone thinking the cord came from the doll- seems there would be a lot of fibers on it if that were so. There was a lot of talk about how the duct-tape may have come from it however as it was a recommended technique for keeping the doll's cord in place, and that the piece of tape on JonBenet was small and apparently not fresh (previously used, not very sticky, and had fibers on it.)

True K. It does seem that some psychopaths have evil cross-over fantasies. Not psychosis or the true medical break. More like Ed Gein. The lovely man making a person out of skin. So creepy. The inspiration for Buffalo Bill in Slience of the Lamb's. Think there's a fine line with delusions vs. psychosis. Psychiatrist may know what that is. kwim? I do agree with you though.

Z, thanks. Good analysis, agree. What initially struck me was that comparison side-by-side pic. It was shocking visually, maybe because it was new to me that dolls had cords around their necks -yikes. A weak-minded person looks at something long enough...can get ideas...kwim?

...he was left alone a lot...

Z, thanks. Good analysis, agree. What initially struck me was that comparison side-by-side pic. It was shocking visually, maybe because it was new to me that dolls had cords around their necks -yikes. A weak-minded person looks at something long enough...can get ideas...kwim?

...he was left alone a lot...

Oh, sweet irony.

kanzz,

After lookin at the picture of the cord with double loops at one end it is obvious to me that someone was goin to attempt to place JB'S hands in them but when they realized that it wasn't goin to happen due to the rigor they went with the long section in between.

At one time both the cord and the garrote were probably the same piece of twine, makin up one longer length.

Just so we're clear here: the cord was determined to be from a store in the area (that was frequented by the R's). It's an interesting thought that it might have come from the doll, but it's well established that the cord was from the store.

CBS

[video=youtube;kBUQO2u-eD4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBUQO2u-eD4[/video]
slip knot 1:02:18
attachment.php

Attachments

• slip knot.jpg
    slip knot.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 285

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online